Start by marking “Black Rayne Silent Screams (The Dragon Queen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Black Rayne Silent Screams (The Dragon Queen, #1)

Black Rayne Silent Screams (The Dragon Queen #1)

R&B sensation Sharayna “Rayne” Piers lives a life dedicated to her music. On stage and in the studio, she pours her heart and soul into the lyrics of her songs. But every since her twentieth birthday, her seemingly normal life has taken a turn to the dark side.

Piercing screams and horrid visions of horrendous acts of murder haunt her night and day. Women similar to her
Published (first published September 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Black Rayne Silent Screams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Rayne Silent Screams

Mstcat
Feb 10, 2014 Mstcat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
While reading Silent Screams I kept thinking, why is it that I never heard of this book before? Why isn't this getting more attention? I only discovered it because of a Twitter "tweet" announcing that it had won a "Book of the Year" award somewhere. Flash forward a couple of days and I happened to come across a post by the author on GoodReads and naturally I jumped at the chance to read and review it. I'm so freakin' happy that I did!!

Silent Screams is about the offspring of a battle angel mothe
Sharonda _Isadora
Dec 09, 2012 Sharonda _Isadora rated it really liked it
I really didn't know what to expect when I powered up my NOOK and started reading this book. But, let me tell you it’s a story that will leave you very very excited and wanting to hurry up and grab the 2nd book…because that exactly what I did.

Black Rayne: Silent Screams was over 700 pages long. I haven’t read a book that long and stay interested since reading one of JR Wars BDB books. Well I can say that Yvonne Nicolas has totally blown me away just like JR did…I’m totally hooked on her characte
Yvonne Nicolas
Jul 05, 2013 Yvonne Nicolas rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
“This book is beautifully written and the characters are very compelling.” Reviewed by Linda Tonis at The Paranormal Romance Guild

“I loved every minute of it. I didn’t want the book to end.” Reviewed by Night Owl Reviews

“Yvonne Nicolas overlays a fabulous paranormal world over our own; one filled with demons and dragons, vampires and werewolves.” Reviewed by Happily Ever After Reviews

“I’m totally hooked on her characters and this wonderfully addictive story line.” Reviewed by Salacious Reads

“I
Tanagra
Feb 06, 2014 Tanagra rated it it was ok
Oh, the diversity! Up front: I was tired of every heroine in my romance novels (supernatural or otherwise) being pale or having a tan with long, flowing red/blonde/kissed with natural golden highlights hair (or, the more subtle approach: pink nipples). I know there are women on the beauty spectrum between Anglo and tan. So, when I saw this cover, I had to read this book.

POCs (persons of color) in sci-fi, fantasy, and supernatural books are barely existent. In the Romance vein of those genres, PO
Deviant Divas
Mar 03, 2011 Deviant Divas rated it really liked it
Hold on to your seats folks cause this ones gonna be a doozy. The first book in the Black Rayne series entitled Silent Scream, made me do exactly that in anticipatory frustration! Don't get me wrong, the book was really good and for 500 plus pages it was a nice read, but it had so much potential to be better. There was an apparent battle going on constantly between "good" and "evil" and with this being the first book in the series I kind of see how that can be a struggle. The frustration for me ...more
Emi Lia
Aug 14, 2013 Emi Lia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**
Wow! I don't even know where to start. If I could have devoured this book in less time then I already did, I would have. Rayne is a R&B star with a destiny that she is not even aware of herself. Since she has turned twenty years old, odd things have been happening that have been messing with her mind. She thinks she is going crazy, and unfortunately her guardians cannot tell her anything until she is ready. She must figure ou
LynnMarie
Nov 25, 2010 LynnMarie rated it it was amazing
Dodie's Review

I had a really hard time getting into this book. Reflecting back on it, it had to have more to do with outside influences than any deficiencies in the book. Right from the beginning Rayne is a heroine who is full of life and her personality shines from the page from the beginning. Gigantic kudos go to Yvonne Nicolas for not making the hero the first man that Rayne meets in the book, or even the first man she has sex with. I love it when authors break conventions and turn formulaic
Heather Wildman
Dec 22, 2010 Heather Wildman rated it really liked it
I can't believe I didn't add this book to my shelf yet!

I worked in the critique group with Yvonne on this story and never got to finish reading it. So, when she let me know that it had found a home and would soon be available, I was ecstatic.

Yvonne wove a spellbinding tale of a woman confused, a coming of age tale, a searching of self and fining out who you really are. Combine that with the urban fantasy/paranormal elements, and I was hooked. Personally, I am one of those people who are sick to
Emotonal Reads
This book was nothing but trash, and the heroine is a slut who has sex with whoever and whenever, I guess I'm one of those prudes she is referring to and I thank her for the compliment, I wear the badge proudly. No I don't like watching people have sex whether their. fictional of real, there is just certain things I don't want in my head. I find it rather amusing actually, her attempt to insult or shame us into reading her book.

please we are perfectly aware that people is having sex all over the
Icy
Jan 14, 2016 Icy rated it liked it
This was an okay read. I could not get past Raynes dialect. The writing and action was amazing but whenever she opened her mouth I just wanted to slap her a little. It felt like there was no time in this book. All of this took place in 2 or 3 days? A lot of information was thrown out there but it seriously took Rayne forever to figure anything out. I don't know. I enjoyed the writing but the story itself, better yet just Rayne and her protectors (The water fairies or whatever) just ruined so ...more
Erica
Oct 08, 2015 Erica rated it did not like it
This book was just a big no for me. From Rayne being annoying. To the unattractive sex scene. I mean, at one point of the book, the writer wrote dude penis as a snake moving in & out. Um... No.
There is a ton of sex just not a lot with Rayne & Demetri, just them with other people. I get the writer wanted us to know that vamps are very sexual people but still I thought this was a love story about R and D. Not aboutthe random sex partners they have.
But the main thing that bothered me the m
The Talent Cave Reviews
Title: Silent Screams ~ Book 1 of the Dragon Queen Series
Author: Yvonne Nicolas
Publisher: Yvonne Nicolas
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Gothic Horror, IR Romance
Novel
Reviewed by Brandi

5 Flames – Burning Hot
5 Stars – Highly Recommended Read!

With an interesting story line, compelling characters, demons, vampires, witches, portals, and visions…Silent Screams was a paranormal reader’s dream. This story is well written and kept me wanting to read more. It’s a roller coaster ride of stories that intertwine in
Bonnie Watson
Mar 02, 2011 Bonnie Watson rated it it was amazing
"Black Rayne" captures the seriousness of romance while keeping in tune with the call of adventure. I found the characters well-rounded, with a sense of purpose that kept the pages turning. Every chapter held a surprise, and of course who could resist the vampire lover, Demetri? He was an instant favorite, with his brother in second place. The main character, Rayne, is a strong, yet passionate, young woman. I feel any reader could relate to her situation (given the circumstances, of course).

Ver
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.0/5.0

Sharayna ‘Rayne’ Piers is a singer living the life of tours and fans. When she turns twenty, though, strange visions start haunting her and she thinks she’s going insane.

For full review please see 2013 Dec/Jan Holiday issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Nekeisha Ryce
Dec 29, 2013 Nekeisha Ryce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
HAWT DIZAMN!!!! THIS BOOK WAS BRILLANT!!! DEMETRI IS HAWT!!!! SHARAYNA IS A KICK ASS HEROINE!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE CONCLUSION WILL BE!!!! MS. NICOLAS YOU TRULY ARE A GREAT STORY TELLER BECAUSE I WAS ENRAPTURED AND ENTHRALLED BY THE WORLD YOU CREATED FROM PAGE ONE!!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

XTRA!XTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT!!!! THIS BOOK IS EXPLOSIVE!!!!
InD'tale Magazine
As this story unfolds around a prophecy, the details, machinations, lies and truths are slowly but surely revealed. Who is an ally and who is the enemy?

Read full review in the 2013 Dec/Jan Holiday issue of InD’tale Magazine.
GCB-LovesGoodBooks
I needed a translator for the dialogue. I lost patience and just did not finish. That was not the only problem. I had difficulty with the opening setting - never got a sense of place. Just not my cup of tea.
~Charmer~the 1-click addict
It was an intertaining read. The herione was interesting, and the hero was even more interesting. I didn't care for Rayne's dialogue, but anyway, it was all good. I will be reading the rest of the series, to see what becomes of Rayne and the rest of the characters.
Nekeisha Ryce
Dec 29, 2013 Nekeisha Ryce rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
HAWT DIZAMN!!!!! IT HURT SO GOOD!!!! DEMETRI YOU ARE SO HAWT!! I REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK....SHARAYNA IS A KICK ASS HERIONE!!! PLEASE READ THIS YOU WANT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!

MS.NICOLAS I AM TRULY YOU FAN AND ADDICTED TO WRITING!!!
Shirley
Oct 10, 2013 Shirley rated it it was amazing
I just reread this for the 5th time and I am still amazed at how much I looove this book. Sharayna and Demetri OMG!! I want my own Demetri. He is soo sexy. And Sharayna is soo funny and soo DOWN I can't even stand it. If you haven't read this book please go out and doo so!!
Laura Nicole
Laura Nicole rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Jonathan Katsantonis
Jonathan Katsantonis rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2014
Emotonal Reads
Emotonal Reads rated it did not like it
May 29, 2014
Meemee
Meemee rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2014
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2011
S
S rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Tammi
Tammi rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Shanell Woodard
Shanell Woodard rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2015
Shar
Shar rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Yvonne was born and raised in Orlando, Florida, but now she resides in beautiful Atlanta, Georgia. Still a southern gal.

She has two gorgeous boys who never miss out on an opportunity to drive her crazy, two cute shih-tzu who have yet to realize that they are dogs, and a wonderful husband who showers her with love and support.

She’s been an avid reader since the age of fourteen. As a kid, she would
More about Yvonne Nicolas...

The Dragon Queen (3 books)
  • Shadows & Dust (The Dragon Queen, #1.5)
  • Black Rayne Scarlet Moon (The Dragon Queen, #2)