Start by marking “What She Always Wanted: A True Story of Marriage, Greed, and Murder” as Want to Read:
What She Always Wanted: A True Story of Marriage, Greed, and Murder

What She Always Wanted: A True Story of Marriage, Greed, and Murder

The true story of a woman who had it all-and would kill for more.
Jewelry dealer Jay Orbin disappeared in Florida on a sales run when Hurricane Frances hit. But when his horribly mutilated remains turned up weeks later, the trail of evidence led straight to his glamorous wife Marjorie-whose web of betrayal cost her the one thing she valued most, her child.
Published October 1st 2010 by Berkley Books (first published September 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about What She Always Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What She Always Wanted

Dianne
Mar 25, 2016 Dianne rated it really liked it
It is sad that someone could have so many talents: carpentry, mechanic, costume design, dance, choreography, fitness instruction to name just a few yet be so misguided in life. To have several marriages end in divorce and the last marriage partner end up sawed into three sections is horrific. This true crime story was featured in a 48 Hour Mystery drama. If it is repeated I will watch it with pity for all involved.
Gabriella
Feb 20, 2011 Gabriella rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a true story of the lengths a woman went to to try to gain what she desired most, which was a rich and extravagent lifestyle. There are still a few unaswered questions though, like where is Marjorie's mother, was Susan Dermott involved in the murder and where is the rest of Jay Orbin's body. I really liked Camille Kimball's writing and look forward to reading more books from her.
♥ Marlene♥
Apr 20, 2011 ♥ Marlene♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my fellow true crime readers
What a story. I like the way Camille Kimball writes. Really enjoyed reading this book. You get to know the victims well but not even only the victims but also the killer.
I think people who love Ann Rules books would really like this book as well. Very detailed. Some stuff that happened during the trial were so weird. Real life is crazy sometimes.

I am curious if there will be a new trial. Enough grounds to grant one i think. Do believe the right person is in jail though!)
K.G. White
Jun 01, 2014 K.G. White rated it liked it
True crime. Bought this book because I think it was on one of the those detective/forensic reality shows and it takes place in Arizona, which is a location I am familiar with. The writing did not add much to what I already knew about the case, which was broad and general already. Unfortunately this was like an extended newspaper article with basic facts and some added background but nothing especially compelling, even though I do believe that the story could potentially be told in a more ...more
Rita
Very brutal crime and what the judge told the defendant at final sentence was very well said. A little slow at times but the story stretched over a few years before trial. An interesting book to read.
Sue
Sep 13, 2013 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crimen
Wow, great book. Once I was at 70%, couldn’t put it down. Even though the main culprit was obvious, this book was full of exhilarating details that retained my interest all the way through.
Eden
Eden rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Nadine MC Thomas
Nadine MC Thomas rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2016
Annie ✌
Annie ✌ rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2016
Rjmc
Rjmc rated it did not like it
May 28, 2013
Celesta Marker
Celesta Marker rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Janet Harris
Janet Harris rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Wendy D
Wendy D rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2010
Reedz0r
Reedz0r rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2012
Mary Kimball
Mary Kimball rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Mbroussard
Mbroussard rated it liked it
May 10, 2011
Suzanne McAfee
Suzanne McAfee rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Terry
Terry rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Allison Harper
Allison Harper rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2011
Dayle
Jul 21, 2011 Dayle rated it liked it
Poolside book..
GENEVA
GENEVA rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Chicken Little
Sep 18, 2011 Chicken Little rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chilling.
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2014
Rob
Rob rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Wendy D
Wendy D rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2011
Margie
Margie rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Jason
Jason rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2015
Camille Kimball is an Emmy winning investigative reporter. In addition to television, she has an extensive background in the rapid fire world of radio. Kimball has also been a major market newspaper columnist and has reported for various print publications. A Sudden Shot: the Phoenix Serial Shooter is her first book.
More about Camille Kimball...