Start by marking “Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder” as Want to Read:
Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder

Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder

Plum Pudding Murder

The yuletide season in Lake Eden, Minnesota, guarantees a white Christmas, delectable holiday goodies from Hannah Swensen's bakery, The Cookie Jar--and murder. As a shadow hangs over her friends' Christmas wedding, Hannah's determined to cook a killer's goose before anyone else gets burned. . .

The Cookie Jar's busiest time of the year also happens to be

Published (first published October 1st 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Plum Pudding Murder / Candy Cane Murder / Sugar Cookie Murder

Dec 19, 2012 Shannon rated it liked it
I got this compilation on my kindle through the library. I really like the Hannah Swensen stories, but I think they were written in a more short story type of format because of the way this book is organized. Like always, I loved the recipes and look forward to making some for Christmas this year. Overall it was fun to read this at Christmas time. I'm still not sure how I feel about the other stories by other authors. I like the Levine books ok, but the other author didn't catch my attention in ...more
Jody Hamilton
Aug 23, 2015 Jody Hamilton rated it it was ok
I know Hannah Swenson, the main character, owns a cookie bakery and the books carry recipes, but it seems there are too many references to her cookies and other baked goods that make the stories too contrived. Just once I'd like to hear Norman or Mike say "these cookies are lousy."
Jul 11, 2016 Christi marked it as couldnt-finish
I can't remember if this one didn't draw me in or if I ran out of time on my ebook check-out. Maybe I will try it again later.
Feb 26, 2015 Arow rated it liked it
This review concerns 'Plum Pudding Murder':

This was a typical Hannah Swensen story...I didn't find it as good as the previous few but I guess not all of them can be amazing. I thought there wasn't enough of a plot in the murder and there were not many changes in her personal life (which is the part I love to read).

All in all, I am looking forward to reading the next in the series.

First Read: April 29th to May 3rd, 2011 - 3 stars
Second Read: February 24th to February 25th, 2015 - 3 stars
Deanna Mosier
Dec 11, 2010 Deanna Mosier rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy Joanne Fluke's fun murder mysteries. Hannah runs the local bakery, and her baked goods always end up as part of the murder mystery. Hannah finds the body --and then goes about with her family to find the clues that lead to the murderer. Lots of humor and great recipes throughout all her books. This bundle includes 3 of her books, and a couple of other author's mysteries, that were also pretty good.
Laura Beth
Sep 16, 2011 Laura Beth rated it it was amazing
A true sweet read for over Christmas Break! It puts you in the Christmas Spirit! What is Christmas without sweets?!? Better yet—read it during Thanksgiving Break to get you in gear for All that Christmas baking! Sorry for the explanation points. But please, who doesn’t get excited about Christmas?
Claudette Neal
Jul 24, 2011 Claudette Neal rated it it was amazing
I enjoy figuring out the killers and the recipes are killer too.
Nov 10, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Books are not in order written
MA Robbe Malott
Jan 03, 2011 MA Robbe Malott rated it really liked it
really enjoyed!
Nov 16, 2012 Danni rated it really liked it
good book.
April marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Sissy added it
Oct 20, 2016
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2016
Helene rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2016
Joyce marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2016
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Linda Buzard-Moffitt marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
Rg marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2016
Lapinoufroufrou marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2016
Diane Weed
Diane Weed marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2016
Tina Meixel
Tina Meixel rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2016
Jack Simons
Jack Simons marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Beverly Novak
Beverly Novak marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
theereader marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Heather Santiago
Heather Santiago marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Tara L
Tara L marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Tori Cole
Tori Cole rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Annemarie Short
Annemarie Short marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Pamela rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
  • Star Spangled Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #11)
  • Chili Con Corpses (A Supper Club Mystery, #3)
  • Killing Bridezilla (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #7)
  • A Killer's Christmas in Wales (Penny Brannigan Mystery #3)
  • Sugar and Spice
Like Hannah Swensen, Joanne Fluke grew up in a small town in rural Minnesota where her neighbors were friendly, the winters were fierce, and the biggest scandal was the spotting of unidentified male undergarments on a young widow's clothesline. She insists that there really are 10,000 lakes and the mosquito is NOT the state bird.

While pursuing her writing career, Joanne has worked as: a public sch
More about Joanne Fluke...