Start by marking “The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III” as Want to Read:
The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III

The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III (Mike Hammer #7-9)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A trio of classic novels in the third omnibus from "the king of hard boiled crime fiction" ("USA Today").
"There's a kind of power about Mickey Spillane that no other writer can imitate" ("New York Times"), and it's in full force in this collection of three of his greatest Mike Hammer novels:
"The Girl Hunters" Hammer's voluptuous, long-lost love is targeted by the maste
Published October 1st 2010 by New American Library (first published September 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III

Charles Wilson
Nov 21, 2015 Charles Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read nine of Mike Hammer's adventures now, and they never get old. Sure, it's trash. Sex and violence are the order of the day. But there's also Mickey Spillane's atmospheric writing, the way he elicits the gritty side of New York, the intricate plotting, and the ubiquitous shock ending. Unfortunately, they apparently haven't collected a fourth book in this series yet, so I had to dig around for the individual titles. I'm looking forward to hours of escape with them.
Josh
Dec 31, 2010 Josh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comprises book 7 through 9 in the Mike Hammer series. The first two showed a different p.I to what Hammer fans are used to, one who at times reminded me of Ken Bruen's Jack Taylor. Velda's revelation in 'the snake' was a little hard to swallow, apart from that minor blight vol 3 was an enjoyable collection of Hammer novels with 'the twisted thing' being the highlight.
Robert
Aug 22, 2011 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you are the type that likes a good Mike Hammer yarn, then you won't be let down. If you barely made it through 'I, the Jury' then don't bother as these stories don't quite hit that first level if brilliance.
Mark Stratton
May 13, 2011 Mark Stratton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bruce Rosenberger
Shelves: mystery
A solid collection of Hammer novels. The latter is quite different in tone from the first two, and where the hell was Velda in the last one? Worth a read.
Boozy
Jan 19, 2011 Boozy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, noir, pulp
If you like hard-boiled detectives, then Mickey Spillane delivers. Excellent noir.
Hazel
Jan 02, 2012 Hazel marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My father introduced me to these. I remember The Twisted Thing.
Brian Reese
Mar 26, 2011 Brian Reese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Review forthcoming...
Chris Bunnell
Chris Bunnell marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Ed Bevan
Ed Bevan marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Beat
Beat added it
Jan 07, 2016
Slaws
Slaws rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
H.A.L.
H.A.L. rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Anne Pierce
Anne Pierce rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2015
Roz
Roz marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Captain
Captain marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Ian
Ian rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2015
Karen Anderson
Karen Anderson rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2015
Shelia
Shelia marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Cora
Cora added it
Oct 22, 2015
gokhan tokus
gokhan tokus rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Chad D.
Chad D. is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Shawn Evans
Shawn Evans is currently reading it
Dec 01, 2015
Ron Shirah
Ron Shirah rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2015
Fil
Fil rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Shadow of a Broken Man
  • Getting Old Is to Die For (Gladdy Gold, #4)
  • More Beer
  • Hush (Harlequin Blaze #178)
  • The Lady in the Lake, The Little Sister, The Long Goodbye, Playback (Everyman's Library)
  • Chasers
  • Crossing the Lion (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #9)
  • Hades
  • King of the Godfathers
  • Confidence Game: How Hedge Fund Manager Bill Ackman Called Wall Street's Bluff
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Spy Killer (Stories from the Golden Age)
  • Deadly Edge (Parker, #13)
  • The Battle for Gotham: New York in the Shadow of Robert Moses and Jane Jacobs
  • Second You Sin (Kevin Connor Mystery #2)
  • Ravish: The Awakening of Sleeping Beauty
  • 24 Declassified: Collateral Damage
  • About Schmidt (Schmidt, #1)
Mickey Spillane was one of the world's most popular mystery writers. His specialty was tight-fisted, sadistic revenge stories, often featuring his alcoholic gumshoe Mike Hammer and a cast of evildoers who launder money or spout the Communist Party line.

His writing style was characterized by short words, lightning transitions, gruff sex and violent endings. It was once tallied that he offed 58 peop
More about Mickey Spillane...

Mike Hammer (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • I, the Jury  (Mike Hammer,  #1)
  • My Gun Is Quick
  • Vengeance Is Mine  (Mike Hammer, #3)
  • One Lonely Night