Start by marking “The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III” as Want to Read:
The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III

The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III (Mike Hammer #7-9)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A trio of classic novels in the third omnibus from "the king of hard boiled crime fiction" ("USA Today").
"There's a kind of power about Mickey Spillane that no other writer can imitate" ("New York Times"), and it's in full force in this collection of three of his greatest Mike Hammer novels:
"The Girl Hunters" Hammer's voluptuous, long-lost love is targeted by the maste
Published October 1st 2010 by New American Library (first published September 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III

Josh
Comprises book 7 through 9 in the Mike Hammer series. The first two showed a different p.I to what Hammer fans are used to, one who at times reminded me of Ken Bruen's Jack Taylor. Velda's revelation in 'the snake' was a little hard to swallow, apart from that minor blight vol 3 was an enjoyable collection of Hammer novels with 'the twisted thing' being the highlight.
Robert
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you are the type that likes a good Mike Hammer yarn, then you won't be let down. If you barely made it through 'I, the Jury' then don't bother as these stories don't quite hit that first level if brilliance.
Mark Stratton
May 13, 2011 Mark Stratton rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bruce Rosenberger
Shelves: mystery
A solid collection of Hammer novels. The latter is quite different in tone from the first two, and where the hell was Velda in the last one? Worth a read.
Boozy
If you like hard-boiled detectives, then Mickey Spillane delivers. Excellent noir.
Hazel
Jan 02, 2012 Hazel marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My father introduced me to these. I remember The Twisted Thing.
Louis Garcia
Louis Garcia is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2015
Brian Reber
Brian Reber marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Neill
Neill marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Joanne Meredith
Joanne Meredith marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Niklas
Niklas marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Natalie Jones
Natalie Jones is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2015
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Gary Vassallo
Gary Vassallo marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Hans
Hans marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
William H Ford
William H Ford marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Mike
Mike is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mickey Spillane was one of the world's most popular mystery writers. His specialty was tight-fisted, sadistic revenge stories, often featuring his alcoholic gumshoe Mike Hammer and a cast of evildoers who launder money or spout the Communist Party line.

His writing style was characterized by short words, lightning transitions, gruff sex and violent endings. It was once tallied that he offed 58 peop
More about Mickey Spillane...

Mike Hammer (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • I, the Jury
  • The Girl Hunters
  • The Snake
  • The Twisted Thing
  • The Body Lovers
I, the Jury The Mike Hammer Collection: Volume I Kiss Me, Deadly My Gun Is Quick Vengeance Is Mine