Start by marking “The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish, #7)

The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish #7)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  906 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Who is JWC and how was the One Last Wish Foundation created? Discover the tragic story behind a struggle for survival against impossible odds. Follow the interwining story of true love and friendships that compelled JWC to dedicate a life and legacy to helping others in this extraordinary novel of hope.You don't know me, but I know about you.... I can't make you live longe ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legacy

The book "The Legacy" by Lurlene McDaniel is a book about a young girl named Jenny who is diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 16. Jenny Was a healthy girl who was care free and was so excited for the up coming summer. One of her best friends named Richard was coming up to visit and she was so excited. Right when Richard came to town Jenny Meet him and was eager to go off and make many summer plans. But when she suddenly gets sick there whole summer gets changed.
In my opinion this is one of th
Eh. It was okay. I don't do so well with books about illness and dying right now so I stayed pretty far detached from the story. Jenny's battle with leukemia and her grandmother's struggle with losing yet another family member should have been more moving to me than it was, I suspect, especially with the love story of Richard mixed in there. I feel McDaniel probably did her research as far as some of the feelings kids have when they are faced with these kinds of diseases, but it felt a little gr ...more
You find out in this book who JWC is & how & why the One Last Wish Foundation was created. Taking a little break before I finish the rest of the series. But have liked what I have read so far. Can't wait to finish the rest of the series & see what happens
Dalesha R
Glad I read the first book that started it all. ...more
I really loved Lurlene McDaniel books when I was in Jr. high, and this one was my favorite. When I was a child a couple people in my family were sick and died. McDaniel's books were like therapy for me, they helped to understand and to cope, they made me realize I wasn't the only one who lost someone. These aren't the best in terms of writing but they are short and serve their purpose. I believe I read that the author started writing this series when her son was diagnosed with diabetes and she w ...more
Oct 20, 2012 Charissa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Charissa by: Serena
Shelves: bla-bla-bla
This is the story of who the person who gave the sick children money and the chances to live their dreams. Her name is Jenny and she was battling leukemia, and there was also a little bit of romance with a certain somebody. Like the other books from Lurlene McDaniel, this was very heartwarming.
Aug 08, 2008 Caroline rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the author, fans of the series, people who enjoy tearjerkers
Jenny is a rich girl who gets Leukimia, and suddenly her world comes crashing down. She knows she can never have a future with the boy she loves, and she knows she is going to die. So Jenny tells her grandmother to create a foundation for sick teens like her, and give them checks for $100000 to do whatever they want, for their one last wish.
Made me cry and very emotional. I still remember this story form my childhood days. She is a rich heiress and the last of her name. Even though they never really dated, the guy never marries because of her.This book made such an impression on me back when I was ten that I continued reading her books for years!
Ke'mya Smith
it was like super beautiful and i read it over the summer i just wanna reread it. it is the only book i could read over again and not get bored its so awesome goodjob Mrs Mcdaniel:) :)
Finally we find out the story behind One Last Wish And JWC. This story has a little bit of everything in it. But ultimately sadness. This one is a real tear jerker.
things from the OLW series made more sense when i read this book...and im glad that at the end Richard finds that bracelet
~ ! ♥ I rp therefore I am Awesome ♥ ! ~
read this before you start reading her one last wish sereis this book is how it started!!!
This book is amazing and helps put all the one last wish books in perspective it's amazing
Really good story, but sad. I wouldn't want to pursue the rest of the series.
Go back to where it all began. . .so sad, and yet so good!
Tears for days, you guys.
nice 1 JWC....
Sarah Elizabeth Hall
Sarah Elizabeth Hall marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Amanda added it
Nov 16, 2015
Robijord marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Fenia marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
  • Stephanie: Heart of Gold (Hearts and Dreams, #3)
  • White House Autumn (The President's Daughter, #2)
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
  • Izzy, Willy-Nilly
  • On My Own (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #4)
  • Heart & Soul (Clearwater Crossing, #3)
  • Silver (Sarabeth, #1)
  • Don't Hurt Laurie
  • Amelia and the Outlaw
  • The Last Silk Dress
  • Who Are You?
  • Trust Me (Fingerprints, #3)
  • Flight #116 Is Down!
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...

One Last Wish (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Time to Die (One Last Wish, #1)
  • Mourning Song (One Last Wish, #2)
  • Mother, Help Me Live (One Last Wish, #3)
  • Someone Dies, Someone Lives (One Last Wish, #4)
  • Sixteen and Dying (One Last Wish, #5)
  • Let Him Live (One Last Wish, #6)
  • Please Don't Die (One Last Wish, #8)
  • She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)
  • All the Days of Her Life (One Last Wish, #10)
  • A Season for Goodbye (One Last Wish, #11)