Start by marking “Prove a Villain” as Want to Read:
Prove a Villain

Prove a Villain

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Having returned to Elizabethan London after an absence of two years, Hugh Seaton is happy to resume his old job as tailor to the company of actors known as Strange’s Men.

He is less content when he finds himself looking for a murderer, and hiding his former lover, playwright Christopher Marlowe, who is suspected of stabbing one of the players to death. Marlowe wants to resu...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Prove a Villain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prove a Villain

Kassa

“He that is thy friend indeed, He will help thee in thy need:
If thou sorrow, he will weep; If thou wake he cannot sleep:
Thus of every grief in heart, He with thee does bear a part.”
Will Shakespeare

If you ever wondered what Will Shakespeare and Christopher Marlowe could have been like at the beginning of their careers, then Prove a Villain provides an entertaining and engrossing backdrop to a cast of famous characters. The murder mystery provides the direction as the characters and their relation...more
Erastes
This is the first published novel by the author, who I hadn’t heard of before, and I admit I picked it up with a bit of a “ho-hum” point of view. As I’ve said before on this blog, every single book I seem to read about Tudor London involves either Kit Marlowe and/or William Shakespeare – the two of them must postively hang around at the city’s gates pouncing on any newcomers. I wish sometimes someone would find something else to talk about in this era.

However, if this author had taken my wishes...more
Elisa Rolle
This is not the first novel I read by K.C. Warwick, an like in the other two stories (novellas if I remember well), what you can immediately notice is that she is able to make the historical fiction enjoyable even for who is not usually a fan of the genre, simply because she doesn’t pushes to much on making the setting believable, and so filling the story of sometime useless details, but more concentrating on the characters and their interaction. Of course without losing the focus on being, in a...more
Sue
This was an excellent read, more historical mystery than romance, although there was a fair bit of m/m interaction in the story.
K. C. Warwick's knowledge of the period and the ambiance of Tudor London was very obvious. It's a delight to read such a well-researched story. It made me want to read around the subject of Shakespeare, Marlowe and the Tudor theatre. It's not often a m/m 'romance' has that effect on me.
This is a recommended read for anyone who wants to read something historically believ...more
Mammarella
I absolutely love this story.
Not too much sex is a huge plus for me. Those who enjoy lots of hot man-on-man action might be somewhat disappointed.
(view spoiler)...more
Johell
Johell marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Everton
Everton marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
C.S.
C.S. marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Deanndra
Deanndra marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Ika
Ika marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
PaperMoon
PaperMoon marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Rossella
Rossella marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Hpstrangelove
Hpstrangelove marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Mitch
Mitch marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Silvio
Silvio marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2012
Shanna
Shanna added it
Oct 14, 2012
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Dasha Drie
Dasha Drie marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2012
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Reader
Reader marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
John Fuller
John Fuller marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2012
Alaska
Alaska added it
Jun 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I write fantasy, history and humour, all with an m/m theme.

I live in the heart of the English countryside, surrounded by animals (none of whom have yet proved to be shape-changers.) I was brought up on C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, and later on read the historical novels of Rosemary Sutcliffe and Mary Renault, who were great influences on my writing.
More about K.C. Warwick...
The Right Kind of Help (Rowan and Valiance, #1) A Real Emergency (Rowan and Valiance, #2) One Elf Too Many (One Elf Too Many, #1) Going It Alone (Rowan and Valiance, #3) A Poor Sort Of Vacation (Rowan and Valiance, #4)