Start by marking “No Ordinary Moments” as Want to Read:
No Ordinary Moments

No Ordinary Moments

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,189 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
After the publication of Dan Millman's first two books, which have since become classics in the realm of spiritual literature, many readers responded with thanks and questions, saying: "I was inspired by your first two stories — but how do you apply all these lessons in daily life?"

Millman's answer came in the form of his third book, aptly titled, No Ordinary Moments. Cont
Published October 1st 2010 by Peaceful Warrior ePublishing (first published December 28th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about No Ordinary Moments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Ordinary Moments

Chris
Aug 20, 2008 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chris by: Continuation from his first book, The Peaceful Warrior
I just watched a movie last week called Peaceful Warrior, about a gymnast who's inspired by a mythical, elderly gas station attendant. The movie is based on the life of it's writer, whom also wrote No Ordinary Moments. Some people may find this to be sluggish and "another run-of-the-mill" self help books, but it's so much more. Read between the lines and you'll discover so much more.
Hillary Johnson
May 26, 2012 Hillary Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in the middle of this book now and finding it rich with solid information and encouragement. We need new paradigms, open minds and hearts today and I'm in favor of anything that helps us get there. I like how he clearly tries to be open to all the traditions and focuses on the needs of human beings in practical, sensible ways that anyone can read, understand and perhaps try.
Dennis P.
Aug 18, 2012 Dennis P. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It builds on the foundation on being a peaceful warrior from a person's core level and up. Great for Dan Millman enthusiasts and those practicing interrelated spiritual disciplines.
Christopher
Oct 13, 2006 Christopher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great shorter bk on life. He defines three main aspects of life, basic needs, mental needs, and spiritual needs. A good build on his original books.
Victoria Klein
This book took me far longer to read than I expected, but maybe I was just resisting all of the incredibly useful information within it. While slow going at first, it really started to pick up after the first section.

As usual, Dan does a fantastic job of applying the lessons and insights to anyone's life. While we all come from different places, times, situations; we do still have a lot in common, and that often has to do with how we struggle and suffer. Dan hones in on those things and offers
Nicci
Mar 21, 2007 Nicci rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I think that this is one of the most important books for living every day life and being aware of the joy that can be found in life. This book will increase both your awareness of your surroundings and the joy you take in living because (as the title suggests) there are NO ordinary moments. Some of the exercises work and some don't... which ones do or don't depends on the personality and preferences of the individual reader. Overall, this book gives one a calming sense with the vitality of knowi ...more
Nadya
Dec 07, 2012 Nadya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, home-shelf
I really loved this book. It was easy to read, loaded with practical advice that wouldn't scare anyone off as being too out there. Dan really has a way to relate to the average Jo out there, to set out an easy starting point and to make spiritual lessons seem ordinary, even though the book is called No Ordinary Moments.
Jb
Jul 21, 2007 Jb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in selfimprovement
I read this book frequently. It can always send a message which has purpose in my life now. It reminds me not to let the world around me draw my focus away from my greatest joys; introspection and self-evaluation leading to a deeper understand of self and self improvement.
Alfred
Apr 15, 2008 Alfred rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dan Millman (the author) melds zen philosophy with principles taken from a number of the major religions to form a life guide. You may not agree will a the principles with in the text but you will still benefit from the introspection the book forces you to conduct.
Shawn Evans
Mar 17, 2011 Shawn Evans rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
I felt that this book actually brought about more change in my life than "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior" did. This is a truly inspirational book and is a must have in your collection.
Martha
Jun 29, 2012 Martha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it everyday to remind myself that there are no ordinary moments and every single day is especial. There it it goes, another moment that I can not get back.
Christian
Feb 10, 2016 Christian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
This book has helped me significantly during my depression. I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to feel better and more fulfilled in their lives.
Aryne Hornsby
Jan 27, 2013 Aryne Hornsby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this even more than Dan Millman's other books, because it seemed to go a bit deeper. Have reread parts several times and still love it!
Susie Cochrane
Aug 22, 2014 Susie Cochrane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, it inspired to continue to believe in my own inner voice and pursue my experiences, loving outside of the box.
Jessica
Jun 24, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a continuation of "The Way of the Peaceful Warrior". I really enjoyed it delved deeper that the first book.
Sayhi2jeni2007
Nov 06, 2007 Sayhi2jeni2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Wonderful thought changing book that helps you get your head together... I re-read it every couple of months.
Chris
Apr 26, 2007 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book with fascinatiing insight into viewing life and it's experiences with new perspective.
Echo
Jul 22, 2014 Echo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A basic on my bookshelf. Have referred to it often, for entertainment and for insight.
Marsha
Nov 04, 2013 Marsha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dan Millman gives some wonderful ideas on how to improve our outlook in our own lives.
Christian
Nov 24, 2008 Christian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great everyday guide to life...should be a staple for human existance.
Jay
Aug 14, 2008 Jay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are no ordinary moments.
Денис Кириченко
Прочитал на русском, ничего научного конечно, но очень много важного
Andre
Nov 01, 2008 Andre rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: self-improvement
This was a really boring book. The author doesn't seem to have any background on the area of self-help which it tries to publicise it under.

It's nothing more than the lower bottom of self-help books, disguised as spiritual journey mixed with stories the author tries to pass as his own.

This is the typical book to be shown in an Oprah's episode.

Justin
Apr 13, 2015 Justin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I feel like this was a mixture of a best of tv episode and a cash-in attempt.
Perhaps I am in a different place when I read his other books or perhaps Dan communicates much better through fiction. This book seemed to be missing something and felt like a generic self-help book.
Marc
Mar 05, 2012 Marc rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting guide book to a sort of universal spirituality; i read many parts of this over 15 years ago as an extension of men's work i was engaged in. took away some interesting perspectives which i have failed miserably at applying to my own life!!!!
Eruvie
Aug 11, 2012 Eruvie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Pokud někdo zametá ulice, aby si vydělal na živobytí, měl by je zametat tak, jako Michelangelo maloval, jako Beethoven skládal, jako Shakespeare psal.
Ed
Jul 08, 2008 Ed rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, self-help, own
Simple guide on simple things you can do to improve the quality of your life - the "Peaceful Warrior's" way.
Leandro Melendez
muy bueno! desglosa aun más el estilo de vida del guerrero pacífico!
Otis Chandler
Jan 12, 2007 Otis Chandler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, spiritual
I think this was kind of a summary/follow up to the other two.
Jillessa
Aug 11, 2008 Jillessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A follow on book to The Peaceful Warrior.
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • The Seth Material
  • The Teachings of Don Carlos: Practical Applications of the Works of Carlos Castaneda
  • The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook: Exercises, Questions, and Self-Tests to Help You Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life
  • Take Time for Your Life
  • The Way of the Wizard: Twenty Spiritual Lessons for Creating the Life You Want
  • Key to Yourself: Opening the Door to a Joyful Life from Within
  • Manifest Your Destiny
  • Awakening Intuition: Using Your Mind-Body Network for Insight and Healing
  • The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide
  • The Force
  • Instructions to the Cook: A Zen Master's Lessons in Living a Life That Matters
Dan Millman is a former world champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor.

After an intensive, twenty-year spiritual quest, Dan's teaching found its form as the Peaceful Warrior's Way, expressed fully in his books and lectures. His work continues to evolve over time, to meet the needs of a changing world.

--from the author's website
More about Dan Millman...

“Our greatest battles lie deep within our own psyches as we face fear, insecurity, and self-doubt. These internal adversaries pose a far greater threat to our lives and our well-being than the external difficulties of daily life. Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato” 5 likes
“When the mind is creating troubles, it’s time to come back to the body and the serenity of the present moment.” 5 likes