Start by marking “Fairy Tail Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tail Vol. 2

Fairy Tail Vol. 2 (Fairy Tail #2)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  2,929 ratings  ·  65 reviews
THE BOOK OF SECRETS

Beautiful celestial wizard Lucy has teamed up with the crazy fire wizard Natsu and his bizarre flying cat, Happy. Their job: to steal a book from the notorious Duke Everlue. But the eccentric Everlue has killed wizards before, and Lucy’s team is walking right into his death trap!
Published September 2008 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published January 17th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tail Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Tail Vol. 2

Jessica Severs
The first thing that struck me about “Fairy Tail” is its high-octane art style that serves up every comic expression like a bullet. Think “One Piece,” but with magic guilds, not pirates.
Each page of this steampunk fantasy series bursts with life, and there’s rarely a lull in the action or comedy, which makes these two volumes fast-paced reads. The characters are either instantly likeable or intriguing.
Lucy, a young wizard who’s not bashful about using her well-endowed, ahem, assets to get her wa...more
Joy
I laughed out loud at Lucy's horror when she realized what the villain had been up to, but was still frequently annoyed by the fan service. *sigh* If Mashima would just tone it down a little...
Christina
Lucy, Natsu, and Happy have teamed up to steal and burn a mysterious book from Duke Everlue. But the mission has a high price for a reason-- Duke Everlue has been known to kill wizards before, and being unexperienced in the ways of taking up missions, if she ever finds herself apart from Natsu in the mansion Lucy could be done for! Later, the three most powerful wizards Erza, Natsu, and Gray (plus Lucy) form a team (or are forced to by Erza) to take down a powerful wizard who calls himself a Dea...more
IDEKA
Sep 30, 2014 IDEKA rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fangirls. Or fanboys. I'm not sexist.
Shelves: manga
Hmm . . .
Just an observation: there are over 30,000 ratings of the first volume on goodreads (as of this review) and only 2,000 on the second.

This manga didn't seem like anything spectacular. It seemed catered towards fangirls, which I really hate. The two male characters keep fighting on top of each other and one of them starts taking off his clothes at random times. Lots of things in this manga made no sense and I couldn't identify the main plot.

However, I really REALLY loved the facial expre...more
Beckiezra
The story and characters started to grow on me a bit more in this volume than the first so I wish I could give half stars to show it's improved. I don't suppose I'd have liked Naruto much if I was only exposed to the first volume and probably this series also improves over time. I just don't love the art style, or the fanservice stuff I saw in random later chapters online, plus tons more characters get introduced, it seems like more work than I feel like putting into it. I don't think I'll be bo...more
Ottery StCatchpole
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
Oct 04, 2012 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime Insider Magazine
Shelves: manga, 2011, reviewed
Starting off with Chapter 7: The Weak Point of a Mage.
Natsu is pitted against a pair of mercenaries called the Vanish Brothers. They have a Heaven and Earth fighting style along with being strong against fire based Magic. This seems to be trouble for Natsu, but you would be mistaken. After defeating the pair a gorilla maid shows up to combat Fairy Tail's Salamander.
Now moving onto Chapter 8: Lucy vs. The Duke of Evaroo.
This is where it really starts getting really interesting. Lucy is in the se...more
Strangerealms
My review is for the whole manga so far (38 volumes). Fairy Tail is set in a fantasy world where wizards join guilds to make a living and help the population. Lucy is such a wizard looking for a guild, and after meeting Natsu she joins his guild Fairy Tail. I watched the anime first and I prefer the anime look, but the drawings do get better after some volumes. The regions do look pretty, and the cities as well. The manga is packed with humor and action. The battles between the wizards are fun t...more
Ricky Cook
Whenever I read the first book, I was hooked right away. This book series is absolutely amaznig. These are tjhe only kinds of books that can catch my interest and really enjoy. I loved everything about this book. I could not find one problem with it. This series is about magic, wizards, and friends. There are multiple main characters in this series. One of which is Natsu who uses fire magic. He is a very powerful wizard who is in the greatest guild of all....Fairy Tail! Guilds are places where w...more
Jessie
This one wasn't as good as the first one, but also I didn't read the official release like i did last time, I read this one for free online, translated by someone else, so that's probably why. I don't doubt that i would enjoy it more if i bought the official release, but I don't have any money to do that, so I guess it sucks to be me!! Lol
Dante' Slaton
A certain book of famous author has to be destroyed by Fairy Tail member Natsu, Happy, and Lucy and the reward for doing so…two million jewels? What!? This has to be a piece of cake on this what on earth can go wrong just be burning one book, though just because the reward is high doesn't mean it'll be easy. If you ask me, it's beyond easy.
Janel Katherine
Once again, 4/5 for me! I felt the same things in this book as I did the first.Its a very light hearted theme I think and its hard to take it to seriously,the action was a but immature (as many manga's are) but it kept me entertained!
I'm excited to continue with the series! :)
Jeff Powers
More fun with the Fairy Tail guild. This book leaves off on a real cliffhanger and begs you to pick up the next volume. Though some points do lag a bit, the humor is still there. Another great set of chapters in an entertaining manga.
Juanrene Aguirre
I really enjoy Hiro Mashimas works! they are very interesting and funny with lots of fan-service! I wish I was a celestial spirit wizard!!! My only complaint is ecchi :p
Kayla Shettel
Good read

I started watching the anime first and just had to see the differences between the magna and the anime. I love the book and how it explains some of the words and terms.
ChattyNatty
This book was really funny.
My favourite character was Natzu.
Alucard
I loves this book to i loved when he was scared of changes
Ashley
Arwen  Elf Princess
i really liked the second book, filled with a plot that ended halfway through the book, which confused me, and the other half was filled with an even bigger plot. but why is another plot being set up halfway through a book that has nothing to do with the title and synopsis. oh well, it was still good anyway. I love happy! Its good to finally see more of grey; he is such a hilarious character. i cant wait to find out more about the "Death God" and his gang, and what will happen to Fairy Tail!
Sonia
It has dragons. I love dragons. Enough said. (Implied)
Reader17 Der
This series is still good and it makes me laugh. The charcter's are something else. In this volume they have taken on a job to get a book back and burn it but they have to get it of one of a crazy guy that thinks Lucy is ugly and his maids which are all really ugly are beautiful. The next chapter introduces a new girl Erza who is making Natsu, Gray, Happy and Lucy on an adventure to get Lullaby back before it causes major destructions.
Lissibith
The first half of this book is lovely, a little sentimental, a little funny and a little bit of adventure. Sadly, it doesn't have a very nuanced narrative, but eh, this is a shonen series.

The second half is the introduction of the incredible Titania Erza. <3. It also kicks off the next arc, which sadly doesn't do much for me in this volume since most of what they do is setup. But it's a solid volume.
Nil Patel
very funny & mysterious
Brennan
In fary tale volume 2 they face 2 chalanges. The first one they are incounted with a weird ducke. And have to burn one of his books. They find there is a secret in the book but they dont tell you. In the 2 problem they meat up with a girl they have not seen in a long time. She aks to take natsu gray. the rest of the battle is in the next volum.
Yasaswi Gudipudi
I din know why i stopped reading this novel in the middle. I m actually liking this book. Natsu n Lucy part i it the most! Happy even is good n funny. Lol with Natsu's motion sickness, poor fellow. I want to see more of their magic, especially Lucy's n ok even Natsu's. Other mages like gray n loki r also tolerable. Anyway i like this novel.
Megan Sanchez
I didn't care so much for the first adventure in this volume, where Lucy and Natsu take a very high paying job to destroy a book. It was slow and not very exciting.

However, about halfway through, we are introduced to Erza and I am in love with her. The mission she takes them on is much more exciting, with actual consequences.
Federiken Masters
Feb 19, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: diversionistas
Recommended to Federiken by: Bucletina al mencionármelo.
Otro tomo entretenido, bastante original, bien dibujado e ingenioso. Además, se suma la idea de los "gremios oscuros" y por primera vez hay una historia para tomar en serio. Si no le pongo una estrella más es porque mejor que el #1 no es, pero sin duda está cerca de merecérselo, igual que aquel. Cuando pueda me lanzo al #3.
Nick Devlin
I enjoy Fairy Tail. I mainly watch the anime, since it is colorized and has voice actors. But the manga is basically an exact translation with a few extras added in. I love the characters, and despite a few anime/ manga cliches it remains very very good. It is one of my favourite story lines out there.
Jeneroso
This isn't really the one I've read--I've read the manga--but there are no choices for the manga version, so i tagged it here.

Anyway, manga volume two is quite funny. Full of surprises for Lucy, revelations about Natsu and a it of drama for readers.
Roleplay Central~: Guild Hall 168 20 Oct 26, 2013 05:16PM
Roleplay Central~: Magnolia city 1 4 Dec 21, 2012 10:45PM
  • One Piece, Volume 18: Ace Arrives (One Piece, #18)
  • Naruto, Vol. 48: The Cheering Village (Naruto, #48)
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...
Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1) Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10) Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11) Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3) Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)