Start by marking “Emma Vol. 7” as Want to Read:
Emma Vol. 7

Emma Vol. 7 (Emma #7)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  770 ratings  ·  50 reviews
In Victorian England, a young maid and the son of an upper class family share a secret love their world will never allow them to express. The saga of Emma and William comes to its dramatic conclusion in this expanded volume. Emmas been shipped off to America by the Viscount, the father of Eleanor, Williams jilted fiance. William and Hakim set sail across the Atlantic in pu ...more
Published March 2008 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published May 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Emma Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emma Vol. 7

Winna
Lete
Ahh!! That hand on the arm!!! Ah so much happy. Emma is kinda annoying now that I think about it. William is a sensible character but Emma is just all over. She is all quiet and keeps to herself but then has a spaz about anything William. But the last scene. Ahh I love it.
CJ - So, you wanna play with magic?
The art is still amazing but I can't believe this volume marks the end of the Emma & William storyline. That can't be right! There's still so much to know. What about the repercussions that have been set forth by the Viscount? What about William's Mom and Dad? What about Emma's past?!

There's gotta be more.
Crystal
I thought that this was a quite a letdown, compared to how good the series has been. It felt very rushed, and a number of characters that were given story lines weren't resolved.
Catarina Coelho
Conclusão desta história em 7 volumes. Gostam de histórias passadas no fim do século XIX? Gostam de histórias românticas, de grandes amores, com muitas dificuldades e surpresas pelo caminho? Gostam de partes cómicas e coisas curiosas, nomeadamente em personagens não tão principais, mas sobre as quais dá gozo saber mais? Foram estas algumas das coisas que encontrei nesta manga, para além do excelente desenho, que não posso deixar de referir. Se gostam das coisas que referi, dêem uma oportunidade ...more
Tasha
That's the end?!?
Jody Mena
Beautifully done, classy, sweet, dramatic, every thing you need in a turn-of-the-century British romance is here! This story would do Jane Austen proud, all forbidden love, semantic misunderstandings, social scandal, angst and happy endings! You really can't help but fall in love Emma and William. As a random side note, it was interesting to watch this story unfold, realizing that it's a Japanese take on British culture of a century ago; it was very well written, I realized, when one of the char ...more
Rachel
I have been waiting a month to read this book, after I finished the last one, so I'm very glad to get my hands on it today. This is probably one of the best ones yet, as so much story happens here (figures that it would in the last volume of the actual Emma story). In this volume, Emma arrives in America and is unceremoniously thrown off the ship. Meanwhile William and Hakim hurry to the States to rescue her and bring her back to England. Emma asks Mrs Meredith to help her act like a lady, and E ...more
Julie
Jocilyn
Although it doesn't end up being the sweep-you-off-your-feet cliche romantic ending, somehow William does manage to grow a spine and throw his family's scorn aside to have a happy ending with Emma (I can't possibly consider that to be a spoiler).

Anyone who knows me will have heard about my antipathy for outmoded literary vehicles (unless they serve to accomplish something cute) and Emma, Vol. 7 (un)fortunately? fits into both categories. In the strangest hand wave I've ever encountered, Mori-se
Rachel
Although this volume is longer than the previous ones, I read it in under an hour. Probably I didn't take enough time looking at the (even more than usually) gorgeous art because I wanted to see the resolution of Emma and William's story, and because I was in the library. There were some times in this volume that the story skipped over what must have been days or sometimes even weeks, but then again it was rather long as it was, so maybe that was necessary. It definitely didn't confuse or very m ...more
Drew
Robert Beveridge
Kaoru Mori, Emma, vol. 7 (CMX, 2008)

And so we come to the rather abrupt end of Emma, one of the best graphic novel series I've ever read. (And yet there are three more tankobon? I am confused, and the library is not helping, as they still can't find a copy of vol. 8 to lend me!) While the end does feel abrupt, it also feels right. I won't go into spoiler territory, though if you understand the structure of the classic Victorian romance, you know what;s happening in the last frames; the only susp
Alyce (At Home With Books)
After Emma goes missing in volume six, William searches high and low to find her. The section where he is searching for Emma is incredibly short, and I thought it seemed far too easy for him to locate where she was at.

In this volume Emma is faced with choices about what she really wants to do with her life, and about what challenges she is willing to face. At the same time she finds ecouragement and support from some of women that she and William know.

This volume was originally billed as the fin
Bonnie
Yellow Bell
I don't like this series and I think it's disappointing, because it is a dumb romance drama. Yet at this point I am almost done with the series so I am going to finish it.
Amanda Thomas
Kind of a blah, practical conclusion to the William and Emma story. After a dramatic separation in the last volume, I was really expecting some passion! But oh well.
Jean
I'm so glad there are the three bonus books, because I would not have been happy if she just ended the series right there.
Emily
The plot gets more dramatic - this volume includes a much wider range of her full cast than many of the other ones, that focus on individual settings. Here it ranges from country towns to private estates to London, and includes more glimpses of a variety of classes and their personal preoccupations.
Lauren
I absolutely loved the Victorian era and reading about it plus romance is always a good thing. I was really excited to read this series and it didn't disappoint!
Sita
Overall excellent series, lovely illustrations and characters I care about. The only negative was the ending felt rushed and was not as satisfying as I'd hoped.
Céline :)
AWW this manga is just too cute! :)
Hayley
Nov 08, 2012 Hayley rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who loved Jane Eyre
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is a great story. I didn't much care for Emma or William at the beginning of the series, but the depth of the pantheon of characters really sucked me in. Almost all of them are drawn with emotional sensitivity, and best of all, ambiguity. There aren't bad guys, so much as there are people constrained by societal expectations. Both lovers are taken through the pain of separation quite realistically, and nothing is ever conveniently fixed. I wish this was more widely available in English! (Re ...more
Lisa
Apr 14, 2008 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lisa by: kate
Shelves: teenfiction
Although this book seemed more choppy where transitions in the plot occurred, I still enjoyed it. Jane Austen fans will be pleased.

Mori's art is fantastic and the manga-afterword is still worth a few chuckles. I had to give this book 5 stars 'cause it's the first manga series that I've read all the volumes.

Would love to see the seductive Hakim or the hansome Hans have their own series...but I've just read there's going to be a 8th volume, with short stories of the supporting characters. So, I
Mayday
"Moreover, I'd rather much be thought to be over indulgent father that heartless man who disowns his own son to save his house."

Uhuh, Richard, I know it's awful since you have tried your best to carry your family, but deep down you're good father *sigh*

I feel so bad about Eleanor though, she is just unlucky to get caught on Will and Emma's relationship. And his father is monster, seriously, how can he say such a thing to his upset daughter TAT

Oh and despite all of those unfortunate things, it's
Patrice
I didn't realize that this was the final volume, so the end took me a bit by surprise. It didn't end exactly the way I thought it would, but it was a satisfying conclusion. I enjoyed this series. It is quite unusual for manga. The setting is so detailed and specific and the focus is primarily on character development than events and action. Although they are not entirely comparable, those qualities did remind me somewhat of Jane Austin and to me that's a point in the series' favor.
scarlettraces
*sigh* and thanks to jo for acquiring this from the depths of some sydney comic store, when it's out of print at the same time as cmx is PUBLISHING THE FINAL VOLUMES. i still can't get hold of 5-6 [and this is what drives us to scans, publishers.:] i presume the problem is that dc doesn't really care - i guess i'll just continue to cross my fingers that cmx is allowed to continue to exist.
Arianna
I haven't read a beautiful manga like this in a long time! Especially considering that it is a modern one and not a classic.
The atmosphere are really wonderfully depicted, but the best part of the manga are the characters and how their feelings are transmitted to the reader through the drawings. I warmly recommend this manga, because I found it amazing!
Helena
Anne
Ahhh, at last. The conclusion to Emma and William's "affairs", so to speak. Interesting nude bathing scene with two of the maids again puts this book firmly in the YA camp rather than the juvenile section. Could have another volume/sequel if the author desires. A good series overall - and a nice introduction to the manga world for me.
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 03 (Library Wars: Love & War #3)
  • Wandering Son: Volume Two
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 5 (Ooku: the Inner Chambers)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 5
  • Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 3
  • Mars, Volume 08 (Mars, #8)
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 10
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)
Kaoru Mori (森 薫) is a mangaka best known for her series "Emma". Many of her stories are set in Britain and center on characters who are maids.
More about Kaoru Mori...

• Emma, Vol. 06
  • Emma, Vol. 08
  • Emma, Vol. 09
  • Emma, Vol. 10
A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 Emma, Vol. 01 A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 Emma, Vol. 02