Start by marking “Super Snow Day Seek and Find” as Want to Read:
Super Snow Day Seek and Find

Super Snow Day Seek and Find

It's a snow day! When Tommy wakes up, he finds a note from his eccentric Aunt Jeanne, promising a surprise if he unravels clues she has hidden for him all over town. Tommy follows the clues through a gorgeous winter wonderland, from sledding and skating to magical ice palaces and forests full of winter creatures. Colorful artwork chock-full of hidden objects to seek and fi ...more
Published November 11th 2010 by Dutton Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Super Snow Day Seek and Find, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Snow Day Seek and Find

Fjóla
Jan 29, 2014 Fjóla rated it did not like it
Rarely do we put down a book, only a few pages in, but this time my son asked "Please, can we read a different book. I don't like this one." He usually loves snow themes and he's crazy about "seek and find" books, such as I Spy or to name something a bit more to my personal taste: Adèle and Simon. But he just couldn't get into this one. The art is not the finest, it's my very least favorite type of horrific, sterile computer generated illustrations, but I would have sat through it for him, had h ...more
Denette Fretz
Feb 06, 2014 Denette Fretz rated it really liked it
I purchased a set of six "Super Snow Day" books from Scholastic for my first grade classroom. We started with the hidden pictures key at the back of the book, which provided an opportunity for me to introduce cultural differences in written language--specifically symbols versus letters. With the Winter Olympics looming, the hidden sports symbols were particularly relevant. My firsties loved searching the pages, which gave me a "books are fun" platform.
Patricia Tilton
Jan 26, 2013 Patricia Tilton rated it it was amazing
Author and illustrator Michael Garland has written and illustrated a magical snow day book that teaches kids about many fun and unusual winter sports and the world of hibernating animals. His computer-generated illustrations are bold, colorful, and engaging. Super Snow Day is one of Garland’s popular Seek and Find books. Each illustration is filled with hundreds of hidden snow items. With a lot of snow this winter, Super Snow Day will have great kid appeal. Young children will find it a great sn ...more
Tricia
Jan 24, 2011 Tricia rated it liked it
I was surprised to see how low this book's average rating was at the time of this review's submission. Michael Garland is an author who children will ask for by name...especially the Miss Smith titles. Children enjoy Garland's humorous storylines and vivid illustrations that pack a few surprises. This title is a combination of snow day adventure and I Spy-like book with a very loose story containing post-it note clues to the next "scene". While it's not a pick for storytime, early elementary sch ...more
Amy
Mar 08, 2011 Amy rated it liked it
An okay read, but the seek & find part of this book was not all that interesting. I really thought this would be more like a "Where's Waldo" or the Hide and Finds that you see in the Highlights magazines. Nope! You have to go to the back of the book to see what you are searching for and it never tells you how many there may be in each picture.
Robin Raines-Bond
Feb 10, 2015 Robin Raines-Bond rated it liked it
This is a interesting seek and find book. The reader is looking for the work SNOW in many different languages, which I found fun. Symbols and animals tracks are also sought. These items to find are mixed in a variety of adorable winter scenes. The story is cute also. I love that the boy gives a Popsicle to Jack Frost. How cute is that?
Karen
Nov 06, 2011 Karen rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
An I-Spy type picture book. Not enough plot for me and I wasn't exactly sure what I was searching for in the illustrations. Students may enjoy the idea of it, but I'm not sure they would choose to look at it again.
Laura Haske
Jan 29, 2014 Laura Haske rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
The illustrations are very detailed and lively. My son likes hunting for Jeanne on each page. We talk about the different winter activities. Our family in Michigan participates in many of the winter activities depicted in the book, so it's fun for us because of that connection.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Aug 07, 2011 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this one more. It is difficult to really know what you are looking for in the seek and find parts without looking in the back which kind of gives it away.

The story is ok, and the illustrations are fun. Overall, I think this book is fine, just a little off.
Karen
Apr 03, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
Another super-fun seek and find book by Michael Garland. Being an adult, however, I couldn't help feeling very tired for Tommy. :)
Heather Jo
Jan 06, 2017 Heather Jo rated it liked it
Shelves: meggie-list
melissa
Feb 06, 2011 melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-fiction, 2011
What a great story. So many details & fun things to look at.
Ashley Blackburn
The artwork in this book stood out to me because it is as though the pictures are actual photographs inside. It really told a story that I enjoyed, greatly.
Edward Sullivan
Nov 12, 2010 Edward Sullivan rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
Dreadful illustrations.
Peacegal
Jan 10, 2012 Peacegal rated it it was ok
The 3-D style illustrations are a highlight.

Veg*n parent alert: The main character goes ice fishing, and a picture of hooked fish dominates one page.
Michelle
Jan 09, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Lots of things to find in the pictures, a book that can be looked over many times.
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2011
Raji Anand
Raji Anand rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Kendra
Kendra rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2012
Candida
Candida rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2010
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Jan 22, 2013
susan Song
susan Song rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2013
iTeach
iTeach rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2012
Mohammad
Mohammad rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2017
Ann-Marie
Ann-Marie rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2017
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2012