Start by marking “What's Your Status? a Top 8 Novel” as Want to Read:
What's Your Status? a Top 8 Novel

What's Your Status? a Top 8 Novel (Top 8 #2)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  519 ratings  ·  55 reviews
This fabulous social-networking mystery, a sequel to TOP 8, is the perfect novel for the Facebook generation. Madison MacDonald thinks things are finally working out! Followers: 300 Status Updates: mad_mac Nate and I have been together for two months, and it's wonderful! Life is good! mad_mac Well, except for the fact that I still might be failing history. mad_mac And I no ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Not Avail (first published July 1st 2010)

Bree T
What’s Your St@tus picks up 2 months after the end of Top 8 and life is going fairly well for Madison MacDonald. She’s been seeing her boyfriend Nate Ellis for those 2 months and everything is going great. She’s no longer a social outcast – the hackers were caught and punished and Mad is trying to move on. And her favourite social networking site, Friendsverse has a new part to it called StatusQ, which shows only status updates and none of the stuff like quizzes, fave bands and farms. It’s basic ...more
Sarah BT
About the Book: Sixteen-year-old Madison still loves logging on to Friendverse to see what her BFFs and her cute new boyfriend Nate are up to. But the latest social networking craze is Status Q, which is all about rapid-fire status updates. When one of Mad’s friends has to pull off a high-pressure heist, the gang relies on Status Q to send code messages to each other…all in the middle of a school dance! Will up-to-the-minute social networking save the day…or lead to good old-fashioned disaster?

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for

Madison MacDonald is back. Things at school have finally returned to normal for Madison now that the FriendVerse fiasco has been solved. Madison is out a best friend, but she now has an awesome boyfriend, Nate.

It's prom season, and Madison has found herself as Kittson's scapegoat in getting things done in time. It's the week before the prom and Madison is being pulled in every direction possible. She hardly has any time for Nate, and when they do get a mome
What's Your Status by Katie Finn is a novel which incorporates social media within it's pages. However, the social media has new names, Facebook is now Friendverse and Twitter is called StatusQ. There are some minor changes, but you get the gist. The center event of this event is prom. IDK I may be alone in this, but I thought prom was a whole lot of build up for a whole lot of average.
Read the rest of my review here
Anna Motteler
I loved this one just as much as I loved the first one, if not more. I feel like this one was a lot better than the first because it's not as "dramatic" as the first one was. They're both dramatic, obviously, since they deal with high school girls and prom, but this one seems a lot more realistic than the first.

I love these books!
Allison Kirk
What would you do if your prom was being ruined, and your school’s assistant headmaster would do anything to get you in trouble? Even after everything Madison has gone through, her struggles are not over yet.

Madison is finally happy, everything seems to be going great with her new boyfriend Nate and prom is just around the corner. Madison’s group of friends has already suffered the loss of Ruth in the previous book, and it’s up to her to preserve the friendships that she still has. But after Sc
Yes! Score! I'm super happy that I loved the second Top 8 book just as much as I adored the first! The prom setting was a bit cliché, but it worked well. What makes these books interesting, is that there's always something more to the story..literally. The mystery isn't fully revealed all at once, and something else is always going on. I'm very happy that Ruth and Maddie are friends once again. The newest social network site is called Status Q. (Twitter, as we call it). When one of Maddie's frie ...more
Another very good Katie Finn book with a surprising ending.
The title of this book is What's Your Status. This book is by Katie Finn and it's a realistic fiction book. It's about a 10th grade girl named Madison MacDonald who has a really messed up social life on the internet and there is always something going on with her social network.

Mad is part of the prom crew and she is getting blackmailed by a girl named Isabel Ryan who goes to a different high school called Hartfield High school and she is trying to ruin Putnam High School's prom. So madison has
Top 8 is back, and it's better then ever before, I have to say, because in this addition there's more romance, mysteries, heists, and extremely funny scenes that will have almost any reader laughing out loud!

If you thought Madison's life was hectic in Top 8, well you haven't seen anything yet, because in What's Your Status everything seems to be going wrong. For one, because of some unintended innuendo and an unfortunate hand gesture, Maddie's boyfriend thinks that she wants to go all the way, w
Mar 10, 2011 Autumn rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Top 8, Mystery readers, YA readers
Recommended to Autumn by: Myself
Madision things that what happened last spring is over; Shes going to have a great prom (with Nate of course!), party with all her friends, and the afterparty is going to be awesome.

But then, Mad gets the schools priceless heirloom: The Hayes Crown and sooner then she knows it, its gone. And it just so happens that her friend Schulyer stole it! Or did she? Then theres the drama with Nate- did he, or didn't he sleep with his ex Melissa at the prom last year? Schulyer being "blackmailed", oh, and
This book was so cute. It's very light and fluffy and keeps you entertained. It is a bit predictable, but not SO predictable that by the end of chapter one you know how everything will turn out. I love the set up of the book - all throughout the book there is status updates embedded in the writing!

What's Your St@tus is just a totally fun book. It's is filled with so many funny moments and there's a whole plan complete with a James Bond-esque group to save prom! For poor Madison, nothing can seem
Leyla Y
Everything seems to go wrong for Madison Macdonald. Because of some hand gesture, Madison’s perfect boyfriend, Nate, got the wrong idea of what she meant to say. She lost her best friend last year, and she has to keep everything in order for prom since she’s the head of the prom committee. She needs to sort everything out with little help from her friends. How will she be able to get everything done in time?

I read the first book that goes with this, called Top 8 and I was happy with both books.
Leighann Wolle
After reading the first of the three Top 8 books, I was excited to see what the next one had in store. After reading it, I realize it keeps you on your toes as much as the last one. As well as the similarities in the action, the purpose in the two books is very similar. The main purpose is to shine light on the fact that cyber harassment happens all the time. The author, Katie Finn, does a good job of making a serious subject easy to read about.
The theme of this book is that friends need to sta
Jun 13, 2010 Melissa rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Melissa by: "On Our Minds at Scholastic" Giveaway
VOYA Codes: 1.5Q, 3P with non-readers, MJ.

The use of a Twitter-like application as a plot device is clever, but that is some of the best writing in the book by far.
I can't finish this one. I'm just past the 100 page marker, and it just keeps annoying me more. Just because one writes a book about high school students using technology does NOT mean that the technology needs to have more personality than any of the characters. The book is incredibly repetitive, and while I know high school students
I actually finished this yesterday but I couldn't update. This method isn't very effective. This author's style is very easy to follow and she makes it easy to foreshadow what is going to happen, but without actually telling you.
Katie Finn is awesome!!!
Has she written any other books(not Top 8 series)?
Kate (VerbVixen)
If I had to describe What’s Your St@tus I’d say it’s a contemporary YA with a great message about privacy and social networking. Madison is somewhere between Nancy Drew, a Gallagher Girl, and a member of the Babysitter’s Club/Sweet Valley High. She’s a sleuth meets spy meets teen girl. There story focuses on a good group of friends, and I loved the diversity among them. Their varied interests I found to be more realistic than other cliquish novels. The songs, quotes and status updates were a cut ...more
Priscilla Martinez
what's your status? is a book written by Katie Finn. Its about a teenage girl & her I guess you can call it her "facebook" page. Everything seemed to be going good for Madiso, which is the main actor. she had her boyfriend that she really liked, the only thing that bothers her was the fact that she had lost her bestfriend. other than that, everything was good until... she got put in charge of the schools priceless heirloom. the assistant headmaster seemed to have vendetta against her. With a ...more
Top 8 will always be the best of this series, but this book was good too! I found the ending kind of confusing with their whole prom plan, but still all I know is everything went okay. I love Nate !!! I hate Isabel so much !
Predictable for the most part until the end when it started to throw some curve balls but that was mostly because you the reader had been denied full details of the operation. Overall it was a cute novel. When the topic of sleeping with your prom date came up I had a few issues with it but they were resolved in the end. Actually I had a couple issues with multiple relationships but what can you do?

These books really make you see how mindless and ignorant some people are about social networking.
Courtney Romines
This is a very easy and quick read. I would recommend it more for 13-15 year old girls though.
Cameron Marie
Loved it.. A little inappropriate but still very entertaining
Jenny Shen
This book was pretty good and I'm excited to read the next one!
Tina Kacey
This book made me laugh out loud. Respect.
Michelle Zafora
i read top 8 last year and i liked it so i decided to read this one :)
it kind of started out slow but once i got into it, i couldn't put the book down! it reminded me of why i liked top 8 in the first place. it was very easy to read yet smart and funny. there were so many characters to remember but it wasn't that bad because the character development was great! somehow i could keep track of all of them and i knew all the details. i LOVED the ending :)
This book was very interesting. It talks about a typical teenage girl, her best friend who betrayed her, by hacking her Status Q account. Isabel, Mad's enemy is ready to ruin Putman High School's prom by stealing the Hayes crow, stealing Mad's dress. What else is on? How will they resolve this big problem? You want to know then read, Whats your st@tus? This book is very very interesting. All typical teenager girl/ chick-lit book, but you with a lot of mysteries.
I thought that this books was amazing. I really enjoyed the story line and I loved the drama. This book is great for teens/young adults. I could not put it down. I read the whole book probably in about 2 days. I am very picky about the books that I read. If I don't like it by the 10th page, I'm done. But this book had my attention by the first few sentences! I give major props to the author that wrote this book. 10 out of 10 stars for me!(:
Jan 27, 2011 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Katie Finn's "Top 8" and others (:
"What's Your St@tus?" is a great sequel to "Top 8." Madison is back, yet again with more problems and responsibility. Katie Finn did good with this one! I love the quotes and I laughed out loud. A really great book and had me wanting a third novel just a few seconds after I put down the book. Katie Finn is one of my now favorite authors (: The ending will have you beaming. Best friendships don't just end, NO MATTER WHAT.
  • The Oracle Rebounds (The Oracle of Dating, #2)
  • Are U 4 Real?
  • bff: a girlfriend book you write together
  • Lifted
  • Can True Love Survive High School? (Dating Game, #3)
  • The Year My Sister Got Lucky
  • The Half-Life of Planets
  • Spring Break
  • This Girl Isn't Shy, She's Spectacular
  • Giving Up the V
  • Abiding Darkness: A Novel (The Black or White Chronicles, #1)
  • Fear And Laundry
  • Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress
  • Sister Slam and the Poetic Motormouth Road Trip
  • 6X: Loud, Fast, & Out of Control (6X, #2)
  • Pure
  • serafina67 *urgently requires life*
  • Reality Check
Katie Finn grew up in Connecticut, in a town that looks an awful lot like Putnam. During high school, she was a total theater devotee (like Madison) and never dreamed she’d be a writer. But lots of Katie’s high school misadventures have made it into her books…which just goes to show that you never know!

She currently lives in Los Angeles, California, in a house she wishes was a lot closer to the be
More about Katie Finn...