Start by marking “What's Your Status? a Top 8 Novel” as Want to Read:
What's Your Status? a Top 8 Novel

What's Your Status? a Top 8 Novel (Top 8 #2)

Published October 1st 2010 by Not Avail (first published July 1st 2010)

Bree T
Dec 03, 2010 Bree T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What’s Your St@tus picks up 2 months after the end of Top 8 and life is going fairly well for Madison MacDonald. She’s been seeing her boyfriend Nate Ellis for those 2 months and everything is going great. She’s no longer a social outcast – the hackers were caught and punished and Mad is trying to move on. And her favourite social networking site, Friendsverse has a new part to it called StatusQ, which shows only status updates and none of the stuff like quizzes, fave bands and farms. It’s basic ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Madison MacDonald is back. Things at school have finally returned to normal for Madison now that the FriendVerse fiasco has been solved. Madison is out a best friend, but she now has an awesome boyfriend, Nate.

It's prom season, and Madison has found herself as Kittson's scapegoat in getting things done in time. It's the week before the prom and Madison is being pulled in every direction possible. She hardly has any time for Nate, and when they do get a mome
Sarah BT
Jul 16, 2010 Sarah BT rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
About the Book: Sixteen-year-old Madison still loves logging on to Friendverse to see what her BFFs and her cute new boyfriend Nate are up to. But the latest social networking craze is Status Q, which is all about rapid-fire status updates. When one of Mad’s friends has to pull off a high-pressure heist, the gang relies on Status Q to send code messages to each other…all in the middle of a school dance! Will up-to-the-minute social networking save the day…or lead to good old-fashioned disaster?

G
April
Jul 01, 2010 April rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What's Your Status by Katie Finn is a novel which incorporates social media within it's pages. However, the social media has new names, Facebook is now Friendverse and Twitter is called StatusQ. There are some minor changes, but you get the gist. The center event of this event is prom. IDK I may be alone in this, but I thought prom was a whole lot of build up for a whole lot of average.
Read the rest of my review here
Anna Motteler
Sep 15, 2010 Anna Motteler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one just as much as I loved the first one, if not more. I feel like this one was a lot better than the first because it's not as "dramatic" as the first one was. They're both dramatic, obviously, since they deal with high school girls and prom, but this one seems a lot more realistic than the first.

I love these books!
Elaine
Jul 07, 2010 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Another very good Katie Finn book with a surprising ending.
Autumn
Dec 23, 2010 Autumn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of Top 8, Mystery readers, YA readers
Recommended to Autumn by: Myself
Madision things that what happened last spring is over; Shes going to have a great prom (with Nate of course!), party with all her friends, and the afterparty is going to be awesome.

But then, Mad gets the schools priceless heirloom: The Hayes Crown and sooner then she knows it, its gone. And it just so happens that her friend Schulyer stole it! Or did she? Then theres the drama with Nate- did he, or didn't he sleep with his ex Melissa at the prom last year? Schulyer being "blackmailed", oh, and
Lauren
Dec 01, 2009 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Top 8 is back, and it's better then ever before, I have to say, because in this addition there's more romance, mysteries, heists, and extremely funny scenes that will have almost any reader laughing out loud!

If you thought Madison's life was hectic in Top 8, well you haven't seen anything yet, because in What's Your Status everything seems to be going wrong. For one, because of some unintended innuendo and an unfortunate hand gesture, Maddie's boyfriend thinks that she wants to go all the way, w
BethLee
Apr 13, 2016 BethLee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What's Your Status by Katie Finn is an honest portrayal of teenage life and drama.

Summery from Goodreads:
This fabulous social-networking mystery, a sequel to TOP 8, is the perfect novel for the Facebook generation. Madison MacDonald thinks things are finally working out! Followers: 300 Status Updates: mad_mac Nate and I have been together for two months, and it's wonderful! Life is good! mad_mac Well, except for the fact that I still might be failing history. mad_mac And I no longer have a BFF.
Leighann Wolle
After reading the first of the three Top 8 books, I was excited to see what the next one had in store. After reading it, I realize it keeps you on your toes as much as the last one. As well as the similarities in the action, the purpose in the two books is very similar. The main purpose is to shine light on the fact that cyber harassment happens all the time. The author, Katie Finn, does a good job of making a serious subject easy to read about.
The theme of this book is that friends need to sta
Leyla Y
Everything seems to go wrong for Madison Macdonald. Because of some hand gesture, Madison’s perfect boyfriend, Nate, got the wrong idea of what she meant to say. She lost her best friend last year, and she has to keep everything in order for prom since she’s the head of the prom committee. She needs to sort everything out with little help from her friends. How will she be able to get everything done in time?

I read the first book that goes with this, called Top 8 and I was happy with both books.
Erica
Jul 08, 2010 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so cute. It's very light and fluffy and keeps you entertained. It is a bit predictable, but not SO predictable that by the end of chapter one you know how everything will turn out. I love the set up of the book - all throughout the book there is status updates embedded in the writing!

What's Your St@tus is just a totally fun book. It's is filled with so many funny moments and there's a whole plan complete with a James Bond-esque group to save prom! For poor Madison, nothing can seem
Marda
Aug 28, 2013 Marda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book is What's Your Status. This book is by Katie Finn and it's a realistic fiction book. It's about a 10th grade girl named Madison MacDonald who has a really messed up social life on the internet and there is always something going on with her social network.

Mad is part of the prom crew and she is getting blackmailed by a girl named Isabel Ryan who goes to a different high school called Hartfield High school and she is trying to ruin Putnam High School's prom. So madison has
Melissa
Jun 05, 2010 Melissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to Melissa by: "On Our Minds at Scholastic" Giveaway
VOYA Codes: 1.5Q, 3P with non-readers, MJ.

The use of a Twitter-like application as a plot device is clever, but that is some of the best writing in the book by far.
I can't finish this one. I'm just past the 100 page marker, and it just keeps annoying me more. Just because one writes a book about high school students using technology does NOT mean that the technology needs to have more personality than any of the characters. The book is incredibly repetitive, and while I know high school students
Priscilla Martinez
what's your status? is a book written by Katie Finn. Its about a teenage girl & her I guess you can call it her "facebook" page. Everything seemed to be going good for Madiso, which is the main actor. she had her boyfriend that she really liked, the only thing that bothers her was the fact that she had lost her bestfriend. other than that, everything was good until... she got put in charge of the schools priceless heirloom. the assistant headmaster seemed to have vendetta against her. With a ...more
Erin
May 27, 2015 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Cristi-Lael
Nah, I didn't really enjoy this one all that much. I got tired of reading how much Madison enjoyed kissing Nate, thought about kissing Nate, wished she was kissing Nate instead of doing what she was currently doing... That got really old really quickly. I did enjoy watching the prom plan unfold and the reveal in the end, but was turned off by how there never seemed to be any adult interaction, even with the prom planning. The only adult who seemed to pay any attention to what these kids were doi ...more
Kate (VerbVixen)
If I had to describe What’s Your St@tus I’d say it’s a contemporary YA with a great message about privacy and social networking. Madison is somewhere between Nancy Drew, a Gallagher Girl, and a member of the Babysitter’s Club/Sweet Valley High. She’s a sleuth meets spy meets teen girl. There story focuses on a good group of friends, and I loved the diversity among them. Their varied interests I found to be more realistic than other cliquish novels. The songs, quotes and status updates were a cut ...more
Ashley
Mar 30, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable for the most part until the end when it started to throw some curve balls but that was mostly because you the reader had been denied full details of the operation. Overall it was a cute novel. When the topic of sleeping with your prom date came up I had a few issues with it but they were resolved in the end. Actually I had a couple issues with multiple relationships but what can you do?

These books really make you see how mindless and ignorant some people are about social networking.
Marci
Apr 14, 2014 Marci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Yes! Score! I'm super happy that I loved the second Top 8 book just as much as I adored the first! The prom setting was a bit cliché, but it worked well. What makes these books interesting, is that there's always something more to the story..literally. The mystery isn't fully revealed all at once, and something else is always going on. I'm very happy that Ruth and Maddie are friends once again. The newest social network site is called Status Q. (Twitter, as we call it). When one of Maddie's frie ...more
Michelle Zafora
i read top 8 last year and i liked it so i decided to read this one :)
it kind of started out slow but once i got into it, i couldn't put the book down! it reminded me of why i liked top 8 in the first place. it was very easy to read yet smart and funny. there were so many characters to remember but it wasn't that bad because the character development was great! somehow i could keep track of all of them and i knew all the details. i LOVED the ending :)
Christel
Jan 22, 2011 Christel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Katie Finn's "Top 8" and others (:
"What's Your St@tus?" is a great sequel to "Top 8." Madison is back, yet again with more problems and responsibility. Katie Finn did good with this one! I love the quotes and I laughed out loud. A really great book and had me wanting a third novel just a few seconds after I put down the book. Katie Finn is one of my now favorite authors (: The ending will have you beaming. Best friendships don't just end, NO MATTER WHAT.
Dzari
Feb 01, 2013 Dzari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very interesting. It talks about a typical teenage girl, her best friend who betrayed her, by hacking her Status Q account. Isabel, Mad's enemy is ready to ruin Putman High School's prom by stealing the Hayes crow, stealing Mad's dress. What else is on? How will they resolve this big problem? You want to know then read, Whats your st@tus? This book is very very interesting. All typical teenager girl/ chick-lit book, but you with a lot of mysteries.
Christiana
These are not the best writing ever, but I do really like the storyline. I haven't ever come across another book that integrates technology, actual teen talk, and a decent mystery story line. Also! This one particularly was a little Ocean's 11/Heist Society-ish, so I would def give it to teens who like that series.
Jordyn
Jan 03, 2012 Jordyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was ok. I thought it was a bit too 'teeny' in my opinion.
And the characters got a little confusing for me at the end, there were too many to keep up with haha.
But that's just me.
Also it seemed somewhat premature, more for someone younger than older (13/14) age group.
But all in all, a kind of entertaining book =)
(if you're into that kind of stuff) =)
Melissa Vanity
Nov 07, 2010 Melissa Vanity rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was definately much, much better than the first. It was so cute, and there was so much action. I really loved their plot and how everything just worked out. It was also really cool to see so many different type of "cliques" come together. I really enjoyed reading this book. It made me laugh out loud, gasp and smile. It was really fun. I can't wait for the third book.
7703arlet
Nov 20, 2012 7703arlet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent realistic fiction book!! Madison, after bring hacked, got almost all her friends back, except for those friends- the ones who hacked her and turned out weren't really her friends. Everything started feeling perfect until someone stole a possession of the school. If she doesn't get it back, she'll be in trouble.
Ellington
Nov 26, 2011 Ellington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought "Top 8" was good and then I read this book. I finished this book in about 3 school days, which is hard considering my 8 hours of school, basketball practice, and daily chores. I was so addicted I briought this book literally every where with me; the bathroom, the kitchen, EVERY CLASS. I always had it with unless I was ion the shower. I love this series!!!
Angela
May 15, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great sequel. Since it continues the plot from the first book and is done brilliantly. It still has that many intense twists and turns, and the relatable mysteries packed into a sequel. This book is amazing. I can't wait to read the third book because I know it's going to be as amazing and as thrilling as the first two books.
Jaiden♥
Dec 05, 2010 Jaiden♥ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: half-read
Top 8 wasn't bad. So I expected What's Your Status? to be good too. Well. I don't know, maybe I was just irritable that day, but I could NOT get through it. The writing wasn't that good, the plot bored me to death, and I don't know what happened to Katie Finn after she wrote Top 8. I just felt like she wrote it just to get through it. It just wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped.
  • The Oracle Rebounds (The Oracle of Dating, #2)
  • Are U 4 Real?
  • bff: a girlfriend book you write together
  • This Girl Isn't Shy, She's Spectacular
  • The Half-Life of Planets
  • Can True Love Survive High School? (Dating Game, #3)
  • Spring Break (Summer, #4)
  • 6X: Loud, Fast, & Out of Control (6X, #2)
  • Giving Up the V
  • The Year My Sister Got Lucky
  • DupliKate
  • Reality Check
  • Fear and Laundry
  • Lifeblood (Darkside, #2)
  • Poser
  • Isabel of the Whales
  • Triple Shot Bettys in Love (Triple Shot Bettys, #2)
  • serafina67 *urgently requires life*
Katie Finn grew up in Connecticut, in a town that looks an awful lot like Putnam. During high school, she was a total theater devotee (like Madison) and never dreamed she’d be a writer. But lots of Katie’s high school misadventures have made it into her books…which just goes to show that you never know!

She currently lives in Los Angeles, California, in a house she wishes was a lot closer to the be
More about Katie Finn...