Start by marking “Maggie's Mates” as Want to Read:
Maggie's Mates

Maggie's Mates

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  813 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Having recently ended a bad relationship, Maggie Ryan returns to her hometown in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula to discover things aren’t quite the way she remembers. Her childhood friends, Quinn and Lucas Makwa, are all grown up and keeping secrets. The shape-shifters want Maggie for their mate, but she’s not sure she wants to trust another man—let alone two that can shift in ...more
Published October 2010 by Resplendence Publishing, LLC (first published September 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Maggie's Mates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie's Mates

Laurie Garrison
This is a good short story and I enjoyed reading it. There is nothing special to the story, but it has some great manage m/f/m sex, with some back door action. I did like the characters and liked the storyline.

These three have been friends for a very long time. Maggie got married and is now single and is living back home.

Quinn and Lucas are now bear shape-shifters and both of them have been in love with Maggie forever. Now that she is home and loose from her nut of a husband they make their pl
Honeywell
Lackluster
The story/plot is undeveloped and seemingly little or no effort was spent to make it seem plausible. Combine that with a mechanical, lackluster sex scene and the result is a really short, unremarkable story. I've certainly read much worse in the erotic romance category though, so if a menage with brothers or werebears is your thing maybe you'll get more out of this short story than I did.
Miz Love
Oh, good and almighty Lord above, the boys are BACK! Lucas and Quinn from Just Right feature—and boy, do they feature—in Maggie’s Mates. Pwoar! These two sexy beasts have loved Maggie since they were young, but she left their small town for the buzz of New York and an azzhole of a man named Jason. She returns after that relationship goes sour, except Jason follows her—and come on, her ex telling her some woman was “just a friend”…pul-eaze! What a jerk. Like Maggie would believe that! So he turns ...more
Kathryn
I am having trouble justifying 2 stars but feel 1 star is a little too harsh.
Vivian Archer
Two brothers, one girl running from a bad relationship, and a one big secret.

A zippy friends to lovers story that goes from 0 to 60 in no time flat. Ernest and stalwart, Lucas and Quinn are the friends a girl dreams of having and Maggie is that very lucky girl. She's not really aware of just how lucky she is until her friends are there for her in a pinch. Very sexy, sweet and caring friends who are more concerned about her interests than theirs. They come close to being too good to be true, but
Kelly
This was a quick, hot read with two sexy shapeshifters and one unsuspecting lady who's ready to throw her inhibitions to the wind. I've mentioned before that I have a thing for sexy bad boys with tattoos and piercings. Now, there aren't any tattoos to be seen but the piercings more than make up for it. In my opinion, at least.

From the first time Lucas and Quinn kiss Maggie they're pretty explosive as a group. Maggie's apprehension at how their relationship will be viewed is easily overcome by co
Michelle Kelly
Maggie's Mates is an ok short story.

Quinn & Lucas Makwa and Maggie Ryan's book.

I was hoping for something a bit more special to the story but it feel flat for me. It did have some great menage m/f/m sex scenes with some back door action though. I love menage books and I have read some really good ones but for me the centre of the story can't just be the bedroom scenes. Even if they are hot.

The premise was good with the three being friends for a very long time. I really love a story where
Anne
I enjoyed this short story about coming home and realizing love was always there, right in front of you. This story got steamy with plenty of M/F/M action.

After ending a relationship, Maggie returns home. She is reunited with her 2 best friends, brothers Lucas and Quinn. The brothers have been in love with Maggie since high school and once they realize she is single, they want to help her forget all about her past. However, Lucas and Quinn are now shape shifters. They hope Maggie will accept th
Amanda
I definitely enjoyed this one, and I thought the characters were great. It probably helped that I read this one immediately after I finished Just Right, the previous book in which Quinn and Lucas have prominent roles.

I really liked the little mention of Noah and Gwen from Just Right - we see them settled together three years after Just Right left off.

I just can't give it anymore than three stars because it was so so short. I generally have a really hard time giving four or five stars to novella
SirenBookReviews
Maggie’s Mates is a fun short story. Maggie’s final stand against Jason with the help of Quinn and Lucas is totally hot. It’s captivating and has you wondering if Maggie will follow through with what she started.

Together Quinn and Lucas help Maggie forget her failed relationship. All the while, hoping their secret wouldn’t chase away the woman they loved. They share some very hot erotic love scenes that will leave you wanting more of these three characters. A great plot twist helps reveal the se
Brittany
This is a really quick smutty read. It was enjoyable but needed more storyline to it. It moved way to fast to be even some what believeable. Other than that it was just okay for me. If your looking for some hot, steamy, love scenes then look no further.
Heather Wiese
Meh. This story really didn't have much to it at all.

Maggie returns home after a bad break up and sees her oldest (guy) friends again. They are hot. She wants them, has always wanted them, but doesn't want to ruin the friendship.

Then the ex comes back and to convince him to leave her alone she makes out with them in front of the ex.

This starts off a chain reaction of both guys totally on board for keeping Maggie, because they have both always wanted her.

Basically the entire middle of the book
Becky
What a cute, short story. Loved the bears!
Mrs. Missive
Ladder alert!!! Yummy piercings in this book.

This is a fast read. Friends to lovers style. M/F/M...Oh...with bears. *sigh* I love werebear stories. But really aside from the fast and the "fur"ious style that they come out of the cave in, this is a sweet story about two brothers and the girl they have always loved and get to finall fight for.

Really enjoyed this and it ended way too soon for me. Not that I didn't think the story was complete, but that I wanted more.

Will look for more from this a
Hannah Landry
I wish this book had been longer with more of a plot
Omega696
Hot guys and insecure girl. Not bad but not great either. I liked the bear shifters, they were super cute. Maggie on the other hand... I think I prefered her sister, as little as we know about her. And those wolves were just too random.
N.L. Riviezzo
Interesting premise, lots of potential but the story was just too short to really get anywhere good. I think it would have been better if it is was a little longer and the reason for the werebears was delved into better. I find it hard to believe that the female MC would be so quickly accepting of shape-shifting males whether they are friends/lovers or not.
Ann  Lorz
I was given this book by the author and I will have to say my only complaint about the book is that it was way to short. I loved this story and wanted more. Much more. It is a great, hot story with characters that you enjoyed reading about. The story is hot so its not for the faint of heart. I will be reading more by this author.
Susan
I got this ebook FREE on Amazon! It was ok. I love the shapeshifter storyline, but everything was just too abbreviated for my taste - I am not famously fond of the novella. I wish there were more to the story, and that it didn't feel so much like the characters just jumped into bed together, but there were only so many pages.
Crystal
Really enjoyable read. I enjoyed this book from first to last. It was a great book and I liked how the author put a menage in with shapeshifters. It was like they all wanted the same thing for years and never wanted to admit it.

I love to read books by Bronwyn Green. Every time I do I know that I'm in for a treat.
A.R. Von
Never would I have ever thought of bear shifters the way I now do! Bronwyn kept this work a good story with some excellent M/F/M scenes that ignite the most cold of heart.

Another great story and another happy reader right here!
Andrea Zappa
Short, too short. It was very erotic, and her writing is great, however there really wasn't much to the story. good thing this was a $2.99 Kindle book or I would have been greatly disappointed to have paid full price for this.
Scooper Speaks
This is an extremely short story. The werebear aspect was totally after thought. It added nothing to the story. It tried to add a paranormal aspect to a friends to lovers romance which was basically a huge sex scene.
Rebecca
I enjoyed the quick read but I am beginning to see that romances under 100 pages do not have enough time to develop a believable relationship. For the amount of pages, the story was good. Just wish there was more.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Vivian
Genre: M/M/F Paranormal
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Denise
Wow - lots of good, steamy scenes! I read this book in an afternoon. I had difficulty putting it down. I wish it would have been a full length novel.
Amber
Loved this book!! It's a short story. The romance was hot, and I love when lifelong friends turn into lovers like this.
Jill
These brothers were hot hot hot! Where can i find a set of fellas like this? I want to live in bronwyn greens world.
Emmi
This was a quick read (finished it in an hour) but a great little story. I would have liked to see it expanded.
  • Oriana and the Three Werebears
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
  • Battered Not Broken
  • Call of the Wolf (Wolfen, #2)
  • Were She Belongs (Were Trilogy, #1)
  • Claiming Their Mate (Pack Seduction, #1)
  • Her Mates
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • Set Me Free  (Pack Law, #1)
  • Seducing Their Mate (Great Wolves of Passion, Alaska #1)
  • Alphas' Mate
  • Kara's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #1)
  • Theirs (The Bears, #1)
  • Edwina and the Seven Snowed-in Scientists
  • Dances with Wolves (Highland Wolves, #1)
  • Their Unexpected Mate (Paranormal Protections Unit, #1)
  • Scared of Spiders
I write erotic romance for Resplendence Publishing, Ellora's Cave and Totally Bound.

I'm married to an awesome guy who always makes me laugh, we have two amazing kids and three somewhat psychotic cats.

I love creating no matter what the medium...well...unless the medium is food. I hate cooking. And cleaning.

More about Bronwyn Green...
Just Right  (Not Quite Wicked #1) Summer Surrender (Phases, #6) Autumn Sacrifice (Phases, #10) Immortal Curse (Witch Way, #1) Cuffed and Dangerous (Handcuffs and Lace #8)