Start by marking “Neljäs kerta toden sanoo (Stephanie Plum #4)” as Want to Read:
Neljäs kerta toden sanoo (Stephanie Plum #4)

Neljäs kerta toden sanoo (Stephanie Plum #4)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  90,998 ratings  ·  2,113 reviews
Stephanie Plum iskee! Yleensä ohi, mutta erehtyväisyydellään tämä kasarimuotiin jämähtänyt New Jerseyn ylpeys on voittanut puolelleen miljoonat lukijat ympäri maailmaa.

Tällä erää palkkionmetsästäjä Plum jahtaa autovarkaudesta syytettyä tarjoilijaa. Hän saattaisi jopa onnistua tehtävässään, ovathan hänen apunaan 73-vuotias isoäiti Mazur, transvestiittirokkari Sally Sweet j
Published 2010 by WSOY (first published June 15th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Neljäs kerta toden sanoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neljäs kerta toden sanoo

Lauren Fidler
Alisha
Yay! So glad I read through to this, the fourth book in the Stephanie Plum series. Within the first 30 pages, I knew I would enjoy it more than the previous three (and they themselves weren't bad at all).

For one, the "I brushed my teeth, put on nighties, fed my hamster, got in bed and fell asleep" coverage is greatly scaled back (though, it was a minor gripe before, anyway). Instead we're treated to more action, more plot. I found myself loathe to stop reading for any reason (sleep, work, etc).
☆Brittany☆
Oct 22, 2007 ☆Brittany☆ rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good laugh!
Shelves: humor, mystery
I had the *hardest* time getting into this book. I have read the previous 3 Stephanie Plum books - which I thoroughly enjoyed & couldn't stop reading - but this time it took me forever to finish.

I think my main problem with reading it was that I have been super busy & when I haven't been busy I've been tired & this book didn't suck me in like all the other books had.

Evanovich still made me laugh - she has a great sense of humor & an amazing way with words but I'm assuming my lack
Catherine
Oooh! We get intellectuals in this one - codes no less! Don't worry, we don't have The Da Vinci Codestyle disappointment of finding out how trivial they are really because the details are not revealed, they're simply beyond Stephanie's brain and get passed on to Sally. I do like the way the cast of supporting characters is growing with each book and each of them brings something new to the party.

This was the last of the first block of these I read, as I was missing (or at least thought I was mi
Tilly Slaton
I had a lot of fun reading this book! This is the second time that I’ve read this series, and I must admit, I am laughing just as hard now as I did the first time around.

Lula and Stephanie Plum’s team work has become something of a force of nature.

“Drop your gun, you punk-ass old coot,” Lula yelled. “you don’t drop your gun, I’m gonna bust a cap up your ass!”

Vinnie, the slime ball cousin that owns and operates the bond agency that they work at, has begun to pop up in the books more often now. Hi
Kate
Two things I learned from this book...everyone in the Burg carries a gun and the women of the Burg seem to be carrying the biggest guns. Secondly, my life is completely boring compared to Stephanie Plum.

In Four to Score we can add yet another blown up car to Stephanie's list not to mention her apartment which is torched which leads her right into the arms of Morelli. Add a Grandma Bella and a Grandma Mazur to the story and you've got yourself one heck of a book...I finished this book and kept r
Jessica
May 07, 2008 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Plum fans!
Imagine finding yourself burnt, or getting beat up or even shot at! All of this comes with Stephanie Plum’s job’s territory. It’s occupational hazard. She’s a bounty hunter. In the fourth book of the series, Stephanie is after Maxine, a first time offender who stole her boyfriend’s car after a fight. The problem is Stephanie is not the only one after her. Her nemesis, Joyce, has given up her make-up counter job at Macy’s for the glamorous job of felon apprehension, and is after the same felon! J ...more
noelle
here is a series of my tumblr posts that relate to this book and others of its ilk

post 1: does janet evanovich integrate the cast of jersey shore into her later stephanie plum novels?
those are really the only things i know about nj other than the fact that it smells like shit as you’re going into nyc. i remember a couple of years ago they had billboards up trying to promote how much it didn’t smell like shit. if you have to put billboards up, nah, probs aint true.

what i appreciate about j.e.’s s
Michelle
I've made a new pact with myself. I am not going to apologize for reading books that lack any real intellectual value. I suppose if that was all I read ever...well then maybe I would need to excuse my horrible habits.

However, since I do read plenty of good and worthy literature, both fiction and non, I am not going make excuses. I like Stephanie Plum, and I like this series. And at some point in time, I am going to get tired of it and that will be that.

Won't say much about this. Same sort of fo
Shxrxn
He had an annoying habit of periodically popping up in my life, frustrating the hell out of me and then walking off into the sunset. I couldn't do much about the popping up or the walking off. I could do something about the frustrating.
I could have called.
- Morelli
I thought maybe you were dead.
- Stephanie
I hate fix-ups. Fix-ups are always awful.
He's not my type.
What's wrong with him?
- Mom
He's got too many buttons open on his shirt.
I couldn't stand fuck
Nancy Steinle gummel
Four to Score by Janet Evanovich is a continuing saga of Stephanie Plum's career as a bounty hunter for her Uncle Vince's business. She's given a contract on Maxine Norwicki for FTA failure to appear at her court hearing. No one from her work has heard from her. Her borfriend Edward Kuntz hasn't heard from her. She gives Kuntz her business card. He loses it and calls Stephanie's parent house looking for her. Grandma Mazur invites him for dinner. Kuntz tells Stephanie that Maxine called him sayin ...more
Heather
Another glorious tale in the saga of Stephanie Plum, A.K.A. aqua net welding, car destroying bounty hunter.

Hilights include:
1. Sally the transvestite in all his glory (I think he may curse more than me which is an impressive feat)
2. Tula experiments with the taser
3. Stephanie moves in with Morelli, hello #9 and #10, it's about freakin time
Ellie
This was a light funny enjoyable read. The characters are developing well. I thought the plot was a bit boring though but there was a good mixture of action and humour. Three stars.
Trudy
Again, nothing really new - LOVE these books...

In this "episode" we meet a new character - Sally Sweet. He is a cross dressing drag queen... yep... that's what I said. And Joyce is back - Stephanie's arch rival... in bouty hunting (now) and with her husband, Dickie (then). Surprise, Joyce is the reason for the demise of Stephanie's short lived marriage to Dickie, a trenton attorney.

Jealousy over Stephanie's relationship with Sally creates tension until things start to explode, literally, and Ste
Vickie
Four to Score by Janet Evanovich is just plain fun. These are not deep mysteries or scary thrillers; they are just plain fun. The characters are people you would love to eavesdrop on while sitting in a diner but not necessarily have them next to you at a dinner. I love Grandma Mazur!!!!

Go Cards! L1C4!
Vivi Vocat
By now I know, what I will get out of a Stephanie Plum book, silly action, pathetic mishaps, smiles and giggles.

I keep waiting for the heroine to get better at her job, but so far nothing. Every other character was ridiculously better prepared than Stephanie, even though she is supposedly the pro. This joke was getting old in the second book and by now it’s frankly a bit off-putting. It feels unnatural that she takes almost no precautions or at the very least some self-defense lessons. Speaking
Dale
If you liked the first three books you'll like this one as much or more. Stephanie Plum, novice bounty hunter, is at it again with her merry band of misfits. Grandma Mazur is at her wise-cracking best. Lula is at her big attitude finest. Add in Sally Sweet the 6'5" transvestite and you've got yourself the finest group of bounty hunters in Trenton. Well, at least the most amusing.

Beth F.
Pluses
+ Lula keeps getting funnier
+ Sex with Morelli. Bow-chicka-wow-wow!
+ Is there anything better than a cursing drag queen? I think not!!!

Minuses
I just can’t think of any right now because this hilarious book was exactly what I needed at this point in time. Stephanie Plum is so in!
Brandy
Can't...stop...reading...this...series! Yes, I know they're formulaic, but they're just so enjoyable and easy to read! Thank you Target for making this addiction possible by putting all these books on one shelf and making them cheap!
Karla
One of my favorites in the series...loads of fun!
Paula  Phillips
It's Stephanie Plum time again , as I make my way through the series and I bring to you my review for Book #4 Four to Score. In Four to Score , we read the introduction of Joyce Barnhardt to the Plum Bounty Hunter Agency. This would have been another smooth transaction like Lula but Joyce just happens to be one of Stephanie's arch-enemies dating back to high school and then when Stephanie caught Joyce bare-assed on their kitchen table and as the book quotes which made me laugh "playing hide the ...more
Evil Twin One (Ange)
Serena!
Se la malinconia e l'ansia devi scacciar/
il libro della Evanovich ti dovrai procurar!

Se cerchi risate/
con l'Evanovich ne avrai assicurate!

Se ami i personaggi matti e strampalati/
con l'Evanovich ne troverai di davvero svitati!

Amo la Evanovich e quindi ho riesumato la mia vis poetica (... XD) per creare un sonetto con rima baciata in suo onore.. :D

Ehhh, lo so.
Ma quando l'ispirazione divina ti scende in petto.. Come resisterle?! :D
Io amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo amo a
AudioBookFans
My review was originally published at our website, http://www.audiobookfans.com

My review: Janet Evanovich has done it again! I’m madly in love with the Stephanie Plum series and just finished this audiobook.

Bounty Hunter Stephanie Plum is on the case of tracking down Maxine, a waitress who stole her ex-boyfriend’s car and jumped bond. Stephanie hits the ground running with her normal sidekick, Lula. Lula, a 200-lb black woman, has turned her life around after being a prostitute and is now filing
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
Read this one a few days ago and am behind in reviews! I have to write this one before I forget what it's about! I will say that so far, this one was my favorite Stephanie Plum. I laughed out loud a lot with this one. Oh my goodness, did I laugh! I laughed when that old guy was talking about how the weatherman can't make up his mind about the heat. And said that when he goes to the grocery store and it's too cold. Hot, cold. Hot, cold. It gives him the runs. Hahahaha. Stephanie thinks to herself ...more
Alison
Still loving it!

Our favorite bounty hunter once again takes on what is supposed to be an easy FTA (Failure To Appear), but nothing in Stephanie Plum's life is easy. The sleazy boyfriend of her FTA offers her an extra payment if she helps him. His name is Eddie Kuntz -- I kid you not with that name.

She also has new competition - Joyce Barnhardt - the same woman she found "bare-assed " on her dining room table playing "hide-the-salami" with her ex-husband. Fortunately, Joyce isn't her romantic com
Karen Atkins
What happens when Stephanie temporarily moves in with Morelli when someone firebombs her apartment?!?! Bow Chicka Wow Wow. It took LOOONG enough - but in the fourth installment Stephanie and Morelli finally hook up and I can’t get this tune out of my head…

I've been really tryin', baby
Tryin' to hold back this feelin' for so long
And if you feel like I feel, baby
Then come on, oh, come on
Whoo, let's get it on
Ah, babe, let's get it on
Let's love, baby
Let's get it on, sugar
Let's get it on
Whoo-ooh-ooh

T
Tintin
Just when I thought nothing can top the last Plum book I read for entertainment value, I read the 4th installment and find myself clutching my desk, doubled over in laughter. As usual the appeal of the main 'case' is secondary to the appeal of the cast of characters, which shine even more brilliantly this time around than I remember. There's a new and interesting addition to Stephanie's motley crew: the cross-dressing rock star straight transvestite Sally, the code breaker. Sally gives off comed ...more
Jennefer
This fourth book in the series is one of nonstop falling off your chair laughter. Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter is after Maxine Nowicki, who is free on a stolen automobile charge. Her boyfriend, Eddie Kuntz, also offers Stephanie money in hopes that she can retrieve something extremely valuable to him...love letters, he claims.

The chase is on in this page-turning craze, and all of the extra added details that makes this adventure that much more funny! The cast of characters is helpful to Stepha
Nicole
I have only one really important thing to say about this book: Joyce Barnhardt is a bitch with a capital C-U-N-T. I love the fact that I hate Joyce Barnhardt so much that if she were real, I would punch her in the face at the most opportune moment. Janet Evanovich is one of a limited number of authors who has made me feel so much about one character. Most authors develop their main characters to the point you feel like you've known them forever. But, there are very few authors who write the "bad ...more
2015 Reading Chal...: Four to Score- Janet Evanovich 1 10 Mar 08, 2015 08:47PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Four to Score by Janet Evanovich 2 10 Jan 29, 2015 03:23PM
Join in the discussions! 14 97 May 05, 2014 01:12PM
The Women's Myste...: #4 Four to Score 1 5 Aug 09, 2013 10:50PM
  • Revenge of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #3)
  • E is for Evidence (Kinsey Millhone, #5)
  • One Hot Mess (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #5)
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • Tough Cookie (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #9)
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #2)
  • Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12)
  • Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
  • Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6) Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)

“She'll be back," Ranger said. "But not tonight."
[Stephanie] "How'd you get her to leave?"
"Told her I was gonna spend the next twelve hours ruining you for all other men, and so she might as well go home."
I could feel the heat rush to my face.
Ranger gave me the wolf smile. "I lied about it being tonight," he said.”
151 likes
“Some men go a lifetime and never have their kid blow up a car, but I have a daughter who's knocked off three cars and burned down a funeral home. Maybe that's some kind of record.” 139 likes