Start by marking “Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need” as Want to Read:
Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need

Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This fifth edition of a popular bestseller includes a new section on online and social media, eight significantly expanded and revised chapters, new business resources, and updated tip boxes.
Published October 1st 2010 by Entrepreneur Press (first published August 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Start Your Own Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Your Own Business

Joseph Moskie
I skipped a few sections of this book, specifically ones that focused on things such as inventory management, or working with industrial suppliers and manufacturers, because those sort of things weren't relevant to the business I intend to start.

The rest of the book is well written and insightful. The margins are littered with inspirational quotes from historical entrepreneurs, which pushed me to read the book even faster. All of the lessons were well crafted. The "callout boxes" to very specifi
Jennifer Burke
A reference book to return to over and over during the process of starting your business, or thinking of starting one. Good, basic, solid and covers nearly all you need to know of the general aspects of start-up, from experts at start-ups and business writing.

I read, and re-read, this book over the course of 10 months of start-up work for my own business. And I might go back and pick a few nuggets out again as I need them. Since I got a steal of a deal on this as a Kindle book, it's been a must
Rastoman
medical health product
Mike
Pretty boring read, but covers a lot of good ground, and I guess it's as riveting as you can expect from a book designed to explain how to launch a production company (or business in general).
Erik Similkier
Covers every single aspect you'll face from start up all the way down to an exit strategy, this book walks you through it all! I read the entire thing cover to cover while on deployment.
Christina Hanchett
This book walked me through Steps A to Z in creating my business. Business classes or other resources are not needed. This book is the Bible of Entrepreneurship.
Hashim Al-Zain
Very good read that will expose the reader to things that are easily overlooked in the process of establishing a new business or even a growing one for that matter.
Thomas
Great book on starting a business. Very thorough. It provides a lot of information without boring you and making you want to put it down.
Book Lovers (Regina Foo)
Very comprehensive for new entrepreneur who wish to start their own business.
Amanda
Lacked the specificity I was seeking.
Brandy
Jul 01, 2012 Brandy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Jason!
Pepon
Jan 29, 2013 Pepon added it
Abdulmajeed
Abdulmajeed marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Nat
Nat marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Frances Alexander
Frances Alexander marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Ravi
Ravi marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Rohit
Rohit marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Garrett
Garrett marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Vanessa T Schiff
Vanessa T Schiff is currently reading it
May 12, 2015
Bolor Ganbold
Bolor Ganbold marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Y.H.
Y.H. marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Rassara Rassara
Rassara Rassara marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
James Dillon Spottswood
James Dillon Spottswood marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Daphne
Daphne is currently reading it
May 08, 2015
Adam Dail
Adam Dail marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Fati
Fati marked it as to-read
andrea richter
andrea richter marked it as to-read
Abi Olvera
Abi Olvera marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • The Consulting Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Create and Expand a Seven-Figure Consulting Practice
  • Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off
  • The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur: The Tell-It-Like-It-Is Guide to Cleaning Up in Business, Even If You Are at the End of Your Roll
  • Business Model You: A One-Page Method for Reinventing Your Career
  • Borderline Personality Disorder for Dummies
  • Making a Living Without a Job: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • Small Business for Dummies
  • كيف تخطط لحياتك
  • Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own Business, Keep Your Books, Pay Your Taxes & Stay Out of Trouble (Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own ... Keep Yourbooks, Pay Your Taxes, & Stay Ou)
  • Financial Statements: A Step-by-step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports
  • Cashvertising: How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad-agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone
  • How to Live Well Without Owning a Car: Save Money, Breathe Easier, and Get More Mileage Out of Life
  • The Joy of Simple Living: Over 1,500 Simple Ways to Make Your Life Easy and Content-- At Home and At Work
  • Job Interviews For Dummies
  • Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand
  • The Pathfinder: How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success
Start Your Own Business Start Your Own Blogging Business: Generate Income from Advertisers, Subscribers, Merchandising and More Start Your Own Personal Concierge Service: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Success Start Your Own Arts and Crafts Business: Retail, Carts and Kiosks, Craft Shows, Street Fairs Start Your Own Consulting Business (StartUp Series)