Start by marking “Doomraga's Revenge (Merlin Saga, #7)” as Want to Read:
Doomraga's Revenge (Merlin Saga, #7)

Doomraga's Revenge (Merlin #7)

BASIL'S ENCOUNTER WITH EVIL...

No longer an unknown little lizard, Basil is now a powerful dragon. His majestic wings, gigantic tail, and jewel-bright eyes fill the sky as he and his loyal friend, Merlin, defend Avalon and strive to save their world. But Avalon is falling into chaos as battles erupt among the dwarves, the fire dragons, and the normally peaceful faeries. Bas
Published June 9th 2011 by Puffin Books (first published September 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Doomraga's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doomraga's Revenge

Robert
Mar 09, 2013 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: merlin
Book Review: i think this was a great book. I really enjoyed how everybody cooperated to complete one goal, which was to save Avalon. In the book the dragon and Merlin have a strong connection due to precious events. This connection allowed them to save Avalon and restore peace. During their journey Merlin and his dragon friend really got to know each other. I would recommend this book to anyone and it was just amazing.

Plot summary: The plot was amazing. The setting was in Avalon and the opening
Paul Lunger
Jun 08, 2012 Paul Lunger rated it really liked it
The 7th book in T. A. Barron's Lost Years of Merlin saga, "Doomraga's Revenge", finds our friends Basil & Merlin exploring Avalon to find out the causes of various problems within Avalon. We also have the slow rise of the evil Doomraga who remains mostly a background force that is slowly lingering. Barron's tale is a quick moving enjoyable one which shows us more of the varying aspects of the kingdom & the decisions which have Merlin headed toward Earth. For Basil, though, this story is ...more
Rebecca Salazar
Jun 16, 2013 Rebecca Salazar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was even better than the last one and I found myself on the edge of my seat. However, my main problem with this book is that the search for Doomraga was far too drawn out. I also didn't like the fact that Merlin's wife died in this story. I think that was a pointless move and it didn't make me sad, just angry. I think that she should've lived. I want to see how the romance between Krytallus and the Queen of the Elves played out in another book series because it was just a tidbit of ...more
Bill
May 14, 2010 Bill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my biggest pet peeves about reading fantasy books is that they spend so much time extending the series, a lot of times nothing really happens between the covers. I guess, since this is a Y.A. title, there has to be a lot of action. There is, and it's pretty good. Also, Barron's Avalon is a bit compelling.
Olivia
Jan 31, 2011 Olivia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, merlin
This is the second book in the Merlin's Dragon trioligy. This is where Basil is trying to protect Avalon from the fire dragons. The fire dragons were tormenting the dwarves. They wanted all their gold. Basilgarrd the biggest dragon in all of Avolon is trying to defeat them.
Derek
Jul 02, 2010 Derek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book, but the ending leaves the reader annoyed with the author: just as we finally find out who/what the heck Doomraga is, wham! white space. The next book better be coming soon, for the author's sake. But all in all, a good book.
Chrisann Lamb
Jan 04, 2014 Chrisann Lamb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Does Doomraga Prevail?

I enjoyed Doomraga's revenge. The hardest part is being a bystander as Merlin and his son sever their familial ties. Basilgarrad does his best to save Avalon, but will it be enough?
Matt Kemberling
Dec 29, 2010 Matt Kemberling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some interesting humor at the end, specifically when it talks about dentists... It was a good read though.
Karolinde (Kari)
Feb 03, 2010 Karolinde (Kari) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All the Murphys, fantasy fans
I love Basil! This book is so much about responsibility and choice. And it's an exciting story. I can't wait for the third book to come out.
Anthony Faber
Apr 12, 2014 Anthony Faber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Merlin's Dragon #2 or Merlin #7. Takes up where "Merlin's Dragon" leaves off and ends on a bit of a cliffhanger.

Ben
Jan 04, 2013 Ben rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book got going much quicker than the last one. It felt more like the original five books in pace and character. I enjoyed it.
Stephanie
Jul 04, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was great. The family drama was pretty sad, but it gave the characters more depth. I enjoyed reading about the history of Avalon from the Great Tree series.
Adriane
Adriane rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2011
Sheila
Sheila rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2012
Marty
Marty rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2010
Will Tyler
Will Tyler rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Tejas Kotak
Tejas Kotak rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Griffin
Griffin rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Carrie Puckette
Carrie Puckette rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Ryan
Ryan rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2014
Elizabeth Hagenlocher
Elizabeth Hagenlocher rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2015
Taha Syed
Taha Syed rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2011
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2012
VALTCHO R BAKALOV
VALTCHO R BAKALOV rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Janessa Kanagy
Janessa Kanagy rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2013
C Bab
C Bab rated it it was ok
Apr 12, 2016
  • Hobby (The Young Merlin Trilogy, #2)
  • Guinevere's Gamble (Chrysalis Queen Quartet, #2)
  • The Dark Planet (Atherton, #3)
  • The Secret of Ashona (Erec Rex, #5)
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • The Dragon's Apprentice (Dragonology Chronicles #3)
  • Legion of the Dead (Barnaby Grimes, # 3)
  • Cybermage (Worldweavers, #3)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity (Time Hunters, #2)
  • Tiger's Blood (Tiger's Apprentice, #2)
  • Alien on a Rampage (Intergalactic Bed and Breakfast, #2)
  • The Hunting of the Last Dragon
  • The Fourth Nephite (The Fourth Nephite, #1)
  • The Rise of the Black Wolf (Grey Griffins, #2)
  • Dragon Dawn (Dragon Keeper, #0.5)
T.A. Barron grew up in Colorado ranch country and traveled widely as a Rhodes Scholar. He is the winner of the de Grummond Medallion for “lifetime contribution to the field of children’s and young adult literature” and many other awards. T. A. Barron is the author of more than 30 highly acclaimed books, many of which are international bestsellers. They include The Lost Years of Merlin (now being ...more
More about T.A. Barron...

Merlin (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Lost Years (Merlin Saga, #1)
  • The Seven Songs (Merlin Saga, #2)
  • The Raging Fires (Merlin Saga, #3)
  • The Mirror of Fate (Merlin Saga, #4)
  • A Wizard's Wings (Merlin Saga, #5)
  • The Dragon of Avalon (Merlin Saga, #6)
  • Ultimate Magic (Merlin Saga, #8)
  • The Great Tree of Avalon (Merlin Saga, #9)
  • Shadows on the Stars (Merlin Saga, #10)
  • The Eternal Flame (Merlin Saga, #11)