Start by marking “Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?” as Want to Read:
Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?

Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  1,598 ratings  ·  92 reviews
Having a rhino at home could be very useful. He could eat your report card before your parents see it; he could help your grandmother make donuts; and he could help you get more allowance out of your father. But best of all, he could be a lovable friend.
Published January 1st 1996 by Lumen Press (first published 1964)

To ask other readers questions about Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quien Quiere Un Rinoceronte Barato?

Caroline
Illustrated in Silverstein’s signature spare black-and-white ink drawings, Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros? is a straightforward tale that’s really a pros and cons list (to owning a rhinoceros as a pet) than a story with beginning, middle, and end. There’s no moral; this is for the grins only. The drawings are eccentric and wild and truly the book’s defining quality (unlike Silverstein’s famous The Giving Tree, whose prose easily can compete alongside its drawings). The illustrations are essential ...more
Faeze Taheri
it is very comfortable when you sit on his(rhinoceros's) lap
but not too comfortable when he sits on your lap.
^_^
Mitra
از تو کتابای بچهگیم پیداش کردم! ...more
Amy Musser
Are you looking for something new when it comes to pets? Done with goldfish, dogs, and cats? Well, how about a rhinoceros? Not only is he cheap, but he’s so helpful around the house! He’s an excellent coat hanger and he’ll help your granny make donuts. He’ll back you up when you want extra allowance and he’s great at intimidating a shark at the beach. Best of all, he’s easy to love.

The black and white pen and ink illustrations are hilarious and imaginative. Much like a classic boy-and-his-dog st
Sam Wilkes
In this book you will follow a little boy that owns a rhinoceros that is trying to sell people on why rhinoceroses make the best pets. The book, in true Silverstein fashion, is extremely silly. This is one of the things that I always love about his books, sometimes reading a book that's just silly is good for you. It can show you that life isn't always really serious, and that silliness can be a good, refreshing thing. I've read Shel Silverstein poems since I was a kid, and I always loved them. ...more
Harun Harahap
Bahahaha..kocak as always.. paling suka gambar badaknya didandanin perempuan. Mwahahaha.. sakiiit jiwaaa...
Meaghan Grady
Who Wants A Cheap Rhinoceros? By: Shel Silverstein
Meaghan G., Spring 2015

**Author Study #3**

"Well, how about a rhinoceros? Not only is he cheap, but he’s so helpful around the house! He’s an excellent coat hanger and he’ll help your granny make donuts. He’ll back you up when you want extra allowance and he’s great at intimidating a shark at the beach. Best of all, he’s easy to love." After reading this Shel Silverstein classic, I most definently want a pet rhinoceros!! This book is such a cute y
Derrick
Having a rhino to help you work and play and learn to live with, and share with. To have as a pet and friend. A rhino to love and be loved in return.

Shel Silverstein amazes me! By such simple (but yet deep meanings) in his books and stories he shared with the world his abilities to use language, humor, and wonderful images and drawings to tell that through simplicity deep, meaningful things can be discovered and life is for giving of all that one has.
His books have been apart of my life for many
Sarah Foote
Who wants a cheap Rhinoceros? is and entertaining tale about a rhinoceros for sale. It depicts all the good and bad things about having a rhinoceros as a pet. Great for young ages, easy to read and understand. It is imaginative and creative. There is some rhyming at the beginning to help young students get familiar with rhyming and what it is or sounds like. I would have students pick an animal that is not a traditional pet. Have them make a list of all the things their animal would be good at, ...more
Brenna Mclean
Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros is one of Shel's Silverstein's unusual, funny tales of kids rebelling against the norm. This book is a story about a boy who has the most unusual of pets: a rhinoceros! He goes around trying to sell it, and comes up with unordinary reasons as to why he would be such a good pet. It is a funny book that young readers would definitely enjoy!
I like pretty much all of Shel Silverstein's works. I always find myself laughing at how weird the tales are, and I really apprecia
Ahmad Sharabiani
Who wants a cheap rhinoceros?, Shel Silverstain
عنوان: کی گرگدن ارزان میخواهد؛ اثر: شل سیلوراستاین؛ برگردان: رضی خدادادی (هیرمندی)؛ مشخصات نشر: تران، هوای تازه، 1381، در 54 ص. مصور، شابک: 9647222629، انگلیسی فارسی، این کتاب در سال 1378 با عنوان «کسی یک کرگدن ارزون نمیخواد؟» با برگردان «ساغر پژمان» توسط انتشارات کتاب مهناز به چاپ رسیده است. موضوغ: طنز آمریکایی، قرن 20م، کاریکاتورها و کارتونها، کرگدنها

Lesley
This book is pretty clever, would probably give it 3.5 if available. If I were still teaching, this story could be the start of a lesson on creative writing--something about thinking outside the box. I enjoyed all the different "uses" for a cheap rhino! Fun illustrations too.
Nicole Marzan
Shel Silverstein writes about all the fun one could have with a pet rhino. He shows through the lens of a little boy all the things that a rhinoceros can do: eating bad report cards before his parents see them, tiptoeing downstairs for a midnight snack, and collecting extra allowance.

This book was very cute. I enjoyed the concept of a pet other than one's standard dog, cat, fish, etc. The illustrations stayed with Shel's usual style; the pictures were very simple with a lot of thin black lines.
Catherine Toca
Who Wants A Cheap Rhinoceros? is a great classic from Shel Silverstein. The book features all black and white hand drawn illustrations, as is typical of the author. Although it appears long, there are very few words on each page so it is a quick read. The texts features quips narrated by the child in the story. Each picture has it's own page and is not bordered, but rather takes up as much space of the page as it needs and the words are placed in the free space.

This story is about a young boy w
Peacegal
Very silly and absurd like most of the Silverstein’s books, and filled with his signature fun, scibbly illustrations.

The only part I didn’t like was when the text suggested that the rhino was “good to yell at.”
Rick
Loved this book!
Melissa McMaster
This is a cute story about owning an unusual pet! This little boy owns a rhinoceros, and is trying to convince people to buy it from him. Just from looking at the title, Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros, you think “yeah, right. Who would actually want to have a rhinoceros as a pet?” but this little boy can be very convincing! He should definitely either grow up to be a salesman or a lawyer one day, because he has some serious persuasion skills as he is describing to people exactly why a rhinoceros i ...more
Jenica
Summary:
Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros? It is a delightful book written in poetic form. In this story the author is trying to sell a Rhinoceros. He gives many reasons as to why the reader should buy it. The reasons include anything from it being used a coat rack to it eating your report card before your parents see it. The illustrations are very simplistic and in black and white, but it works for this simple poetic type story.
Response:
This book reminded me of the time I tried to convince my paren
Hannah Axtelle
This story is about a child selling a rhinoceros and it begins by naming off a few typical traits of a rhinoceros and then the story goes into all of the silly things you can use him for if you were to buy him. Silverstein was creative with coming up with so many ways that you can use a rhinoceros in everyday life and all of the fun adventures that you can have together. The very end of the story is that a rhinoceros is easy to love and you can tell that if anyone went through all of these antic ...more
Pauline Saynor
Laugh out loud funny adventures of a pet rhinoceros, who is good at helping make donuts, opening soda cans and imitating sharks, but difficult to build a house for and not too careful about watching where he walks. Great illustrations as always support the simple text and children and adults will love the humor and absurdities of this endearing creature. Everyone should have a rhino in their life.
Alicia
Delightful! Typical Shel Silverstein, charming and quirky. I didn't like the page where the child talks about his "mother hitting him for not even doing anything too bad", but I guess that most children feel slighted when punished for wrongdoing, even if they are completely at fault..... Overall, I liked it.
Mariah Olson
Lisa Carroll
Silverstein can do no wrong in my eyes. Everytime I made a trip to the library, I would always manage to come home with a Silverstein book. The Giving Tree and Where the Sidewalk Ends were always favorites for me. This is the first Silverstein book that I brought home from the library for my five-year old son to read. He was enchanted by the words, the silliness and by the simple black and white pictures. Who needs color when you can tell a story like Silverstein. He writes poetry for the child ...more
Lorna Collins
Okay, I ADORE Shel Silverstein. I own all his books and just recently discovered this one--his first. It reminds me of the delightful Christmas song " Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. His books always make me smile. This one is no exception.
Audrey Schuman
This is a cute story about owning an unusual pet. It follows a little boy around who is trying to convince people that owning a rhinoceros is great. It teaches that even though it this may not be normal, but it can still be loved and taken care of.
Erin
If I read this in storytime, there would be a few pages that I would want to skip. (Like, "He is good for yelling at.") It's fun to read, as all Shel Silverstein is.
Romelle
Not a story, but a list of 30+ uses of a pet rhinoceros. Lots of fun and humor, sure to elicit laughs. Love Shel Silverstein's signature line drawings.
Amanda Hively
This is a cute book. Good for younger readers who do not know many words. The illustrations grab the readers attention because there is hardly ever any color. Younger students would really enjoy this book, it lets you use your imagination.
Heather
Very cute and funny, but I didn't think it would work great for a read-aloud. I could be and probably am wrong.
love this book. gave it to my eldest son for Christmas one year. it remains a favorite.
  • مدرسه نیكولا كوچولو
  • مرثیه‌های خاک
  • زمستان
  • Scranimals
  • Pinduli
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC (Beginner Books B-30)
  • قصه‌های خوب برای بچه‌های خوب --- ۴
  • My Dog Does My Homework!
  • Flap Your Wings
Shel Silverstein was the author-artist of many beloved books of prose and poetry. He was a cartoonist, playwright, poet, performer, recording artist, and Grammy-winning, Oscar-nominated songwriter.
More about Shel Silverstein...
Where the Sidewalk Ends: The Poems and Drawings of Shel Silverstein The Giving Tree A Light in the Attic Falling Up The Missing Piece