Start by marking “Ultimate Comics: Blade vs. The Avengers” as Want to Read:
Ultimate Comics: Blade vs. The Avengers

Ultimate Comics: Blade vs. The Avengers (Ultimate Comics: Avengers #3)

2.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  257 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Vampires are afoot! Somebody is leaving behind a bloody trail of bite marks and Blade's stake-ready to take them on. Could the figure in an iron suit be involved? And what about the new figure leaping around in a devil costume? By superstar creators MARK MILLAR (CIVIL WAR, KICK-ASS) and STEVE DILLON (PUNISHERMAX)! Collecting: Ultimate Avengers 3 #1-6
Published April 27th 2011 by Marvel (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate Comics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate Comics

Kemper
Mar 24, 2012 Kemper rated it liked it
Marvel's Ultimates and Blade versus an army of vampires? I wasn't excited about the idea, but Mark Millar has a talent for big superhero fights and this one delivers nicely on that. I also enjoyed Blade's descripton of a recurring nightmare where he's about to kill a certain sparkly emo vampire but always wakes up just before staking him.
Mike
Dec 10, 2011 Mike rated it liked it
It starts out written so badly that I have to wonder if this is Millar's big F-you finale to Marvel, now that he's going off to self-published Millarworld full time.

Then it gets tolerable for the second half, and I realize that this *isn't* Millar's last - and I wonder if he was just overcommitted when he wrote the first issue or two. Sometimes these super-popular types get like that. Certainly Bendis has his moments when I'm sure he's got too many books going at once.

I am getting twitchy about
J.E. Remy
Jan 03, 2013 J.E. Remy rated it it was ok
I'm not a fan of Mark Millar. I found Kick-Ass to be a poor attempt at gritty humor, filled with racism, sexism and homophobia. To be frank, if I had noticed Millar wrote this book before I picked it up from the library, I wouldn't have picked it up. Instead, I noticed Steve Dillon and vampires.

This isn't what you would call a "good" book. I'm behind on my reading of the Ultimate Universe, and there were several characters (Nerd Hulk and a new Daredevil) that seemed like they could be interestin
Ramona Wray
Not sure how to review this one. I read it mostly because of my son's sudden interest in Blade :) I guess I liked it. It sounded good and it looked even better. It was however finished in a heartbeat :) I like a little bit more "bulk" on my books. Still, good fun - though not recommended to younger readers due to several skimpily clad ladies and lots of decapitations (requisite gore included).
Rigoberto
Mar 26, 2016 Rigoberto rated it really liked it
I'd have to say that this story was not as good as the previous two storylines. The story is basically Blade hunting vampires with the Ultimate Avengers and Captain America getting caught in the crossfires. While I did enjoy Blade in this story, I felt it a bit unnecessary and strange to have Daredevil and Stick be vampire hunters as well, since the previous Ultimate comic books did not indicate anything of that sort. The short-lived career of the new Daredevil did not seem right as well, since ...more
Myles
Before reading this I was really reconsidering the whole Ultimate Comics completist thing. I've been pretty underwhelmed by the last few books I've read, even exceptions like Bendis' Spider-Man or the other Avengers titles by Millar are uneven. This one puts me back on track for the Avengers/Ultimates at least - as long as its under Millar.

Blade vs. The Avengers is a good set-up, pitting the superheroes against the united vampire clans. Blade and his prey are essentially unchanged, his first app
Sam Quixote
Sep 19, 2011 Sam Quixote rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A master vampire hunter is turned into a vampire and begins to co-ordinate the vampires of the world into an attack on SHIELD HQ with the ultimate plan of turning supes into vampires. Meanwhile Blade is arrested while the vampires run riot and a couple of superheroes are turned, leading into an almighty bloodbath battle!

Mark Millar continues his champion run in this new line of Ultimates with the third installment filled with pedal-to-the-metal action and snappy dialogue. He's joined this time
Sam Quixote
Sep 19, 2011 Sam Quixote rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Martin
Oct 08, 2012 Martin rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I liked this much more than I though I would, as I usually am not one for vampire stories and their co-existence with the Marvel Universe ("Ultimate" or otherwise). What's not to like? We've got a Mark Millar script and some fabulous Steve Dillon art, a couple of origin stories (including the one for the new Ultimate Daredevil).

And even though there is a LOT of violence, blood, and death in this book, Steve Dillon makes it look almost comical. No, really. And that is something he does really we
Emmett Spain
By all accounts, I should have hated this. Millar turning super heroes into vampires, building to an all out brawl you just know is coming from the very first panel. The usual so far over the top it’s in next week storytelling… but man, this is a fun read. From the other reviews not a lot of people agree, but the truth is you don’t read something like this for deep character work. It’s a spectacle book, through and through, and in that task it succeeds.

Sadly, Steve Dillon’s art left me cold, as
Otherwyrld
Sep 18, 2012 Otherwyrld rated it liked it
This should have been a mega-epic story. Blade fighting with the Ultimate Avengers! Captain America and Nerd Hulk turned into Vampires! A vampire army attacking the Triskelion! Teleporting the entire Triskelion into the Iranian desert!

The story was entertaining enough, yet somehow it just failed to engage. For want of a better word it lacked bite (sorry, bad pun).

I usually love Steve Dillon's artwork but this wasn't his best work either. At times some of the fight scenes were lacking in dynamism
Federiken Masters
Millar sigue cumpliendo a la hora de entretener y darle un enfoque distinto a cada saga "ultimática" que hace, aunque ninguna me enganche ni me parezca tan jugosa como las dos primeras.
Sineala
I'm kind of meh on Blade, and I'm kind of meh about the art, but then Captain America became a vampire and suddenly this book was worth reading. So, uh, there's that.
Malapata
Dec 31, 2015 Malapata rated it did not like it
Shelves: comic
Una historia que oscila entre previsible y precipitada, con todos los tics del género superheroico. Al incondicional le gustará, el resto abstenerse.
Cameron Swick
Nov 27, 2014 Cameron Swick rated it liked it
It was okay. Superhero vampires sounds good on paper, but it didn't work that well. Also, the ending kind of really sucked.
Spot
Mar 13, 2015 Spot rated it really liked it
quick, fun read.
Variaciones Enrojo
3 tomo de Ultimate Vengadores, 63 del Coleccionable Ultimate. ...more
arjuna
Aug 09, 2012 arjuna rated it liked it
Would probably mean more to me if I knew anything about the regular superhero stuff, but ...whatever. I like Blade. Blade is fun. Bitchy vampire supes are fun. Fanboy stoushes are fun. Gorgeously homoerotic art is fun. And, yanno. BLADE.

Also: *Love* Nick Fury. Might have to find out more about this lot.
Holden Attradies
Jun 03, 2012 Holden Attradies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have very split feelings about this. I really don't like supernatural stuff in comics much, I hate the whole marvel knights scene and this felt very much like a main stream comic and not the pre-ultimatum universe I loved.

But, in spite of all of that I REALLY enjoyed this read. So I'm giving it a four stars.
Friedrich
May 31, 2011 Friedrich rated it liked it
Again a very fantasy-magic-like story in the Ultimate Universe with a character that's mostly unchanged - namely Blade.
The art is very simple, but okay.
I guess this is just for fans of The Ultimates or Blade. But this book is not so great, though.
Sonic
Apr 01, 2012 Sonic rated it really liked it
Totally excellent alternative take on the Avengers
courtesy of Millar's devious and demented mind,
perfectly realized through Dillon's expert (and slightly cynical) visuals!

Warped fun.
Joe
Jul 15, 2013 Joe rated it really liked it
Another time the Ultimate Universe works.
Great Captain America stuff.
Fun Stark sibling stuff.
Plus Blade and vampire stuff.
What a fun mix.
Edward Linder
Jul 27, 2012 Edward Linder rated it really liked it
I think Mark Millar is one of the best comic book writers out there today. This book as some nice twist and turns.
Shannon Appelcline
Oct 05, 2012 Shannon Appelcline rated it it was amazing
Millar is in top form here, offering up a comic that is profane, action-oriented, and a whole lot of fun.
Kelly
Jul 31, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
So much fun. The whole vampire superhero thing what a laugh. Loved the twilight thing too.
Ian
Oct 12, 2013 Ian rated it it was ok
Mark Millar plays with action figures, but Steve Dillon makes it fun to look at.
Stephanie
I hated it and I couldn't even finish it. Boo.
DeAnna Knippling
Apr 22, 2016 DeAnna Knippling rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Stiff art, excessive speechifying.
Joe Warttman
Joe Warttman rated it it was ok
May 01, 2016
Kaseka
Kaseka rated it it was ok
May 01, 2016
  • Ultimate Iron Man, Vol. 1
  • Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk
  • Ultimate Comics Thor
  • Avengers: The Initiative, Vol. 6: Siege
Mark Millar is the New York Times best-selling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Jupiter’s Circle, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, Jupit ...more
More about Mark Millar...

Ultimate Comics: Avengers (4 books)
  • Ultimate Comics Avengers: Next Generation