Start by marking “The Thrill of Victory” as Want to Read:
The Thrill of Victory

The Thrill of Victory

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,107 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Stevie Corbett is in jeopardy of losing everything she’s sacrificed and worked so hard for—her career, her future. Her life. She has just two weeks to make a monumental decision, but her fate rides on keeping the truth a secret.

It’s Judd Mackie’s job to uncover secrets. And he’s spent the last few years dogging Stevie, exposing her for the spoiled glamour girl he believes
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 11th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Thrill of Victory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thrill of Victory

Mo
Nov 21, 2014 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed this one. It was written back in the day when Ms Brown was writing Romance without any real suspense or mystery. It was a feel-good read and I liked both characters.

He was attractive in a disheveled, disreputable, range-wolf way. Debonair he was not. But he was sexy. The chip he carried on his shoulder only added to his appeal. So did his arrogance.

It began to rain. Great, splattering drops fell onto the flowers that Stevie had so painstakingly cultivated.

"Oh, God." Groaning
Carol Stanley-Snow
RECEIVED BOOK FREE THROUGH GOODREADS FIRST READ.

What is it about summer and romance books? I don't know and don't care. All i can say it Sandra Brown is a FANTASTIC read, not matter the season.

This story is about a tennis star and an ill-mannered sports writer who has taken it upon himself to knock her down at every chance. Before he succeeds an event happens and well...boy gets girl, girl gets boy etc etc!

An easy, relaxing read.
Ann Keller
May 19, 2013 Ann Keller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Tennis pro, Stevie Corbett, suddenly collapses on the court. It’s the opportunity Judd Mackie has been waiting for! Somehow, if he can get close to her and learn the truth, he’ll scoop the story of the decade.

When Judd breaks into Stevie’s apartment, he finds her angry, bristling and wounded. Something is terribly wrong with her, something with the potential to ruin her career and perhaps end her life.
Judd becomes an unlikely hero to the ailing tennis pro, stealing her away from cameras and bad
Kristen
Oct 31, 2011 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 3-09, 2011
If you love classic romances, you'll love this easy read by Sandra Brown. Stevie Corbett is a famous teen player who collapsed during a match. Judd Mackie is the journalist who's scooping her story. They have a love/hate relationship, as they became friends, when she reveals about her ovarian cancer and the worries about her losing her dreams of having a baby. During the two weeks, they get to know each other better. They fall in love, while decisions are made, and Judd writing a novel, while ta ...more
Goddess
Sep 19, 2015 Goddess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To the Victor go the Spoils **4.5 STARS**

“The Thrill of Victory” by Sandra Brown (published in 1989 under pseudonym, Erin St. Claire) is on my keeper shelf and I recently re-read it because I had fallen out of love with contemporary romances & wanted to know if it was as good as I remembered it.

It is.

The story is about Stevie Corbett, a tennis pro who’s risked everything for her sport; the possibility of family, husband, and children had fallen to the side as she trained year after year to
Patricia Solla
Dec 28, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
Here we have a not so young (but not so old) female tennis star who collapses on the court. The popular sportswriter who doesn't write nice things about her (for what reason you need to read the story) missed the story. Now the sportswriter finds the tennis star and the truth and finds himself helping her instead of throwing her to the wolves. Of course, the story leaks and now what do they do? Read the story and find out.
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Masih termasuk SB favorit saya.

Judd harus memutuskan antara kepentingannya sebagai wartawan atau hubungannya dengan Stevie, seorang petenis yang memiliki rahasia yang dapat menghentikan karirnya sebagai petenis yg sedang menanjak.

Stevie juga harus membuka hatinya, terhadap ketulusan Judd, dan rasa curiga atas motivasi Judd mendukungnya selama.

Linda
May 16, 2009 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just read this on a recommendation and to distract me from the vampires. I liked this cute little story but there wasn't really a plot. Fluff read.
Bookgirl89
Jul 28, 2010 Bookgirl89 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
cute read but there was no plot and you knew how it was going to end on page 5. wouldn't recommend it.
Gail Walraven
Jul 30, 2014 Gail Walraven rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A very fast read as it is only 105 pages in the e-book version. I did not like the abrupt changes from physical loving or romantic conversations to anger with absolutely no transitions. Perhaps this was due to the shortness of the book? No time to build in any transitions? Some of them left me totally confused. Also found myself having to reread many conversations to see who was talking. This could have been due to the e-book formatting. Least favourite Sandra Brown book I have read, and I have ...more
Kathy Saunders
Stevie Corbett is in jeopardy of losing everything she's sacrified and worked so hard for--her tennis career, her reputation, her future, her life. Now she has just 2 weeks to make a monumental decision, but her fate rides on keeping the truth a secret. Judd Mackie's job is to uncover secrets. Then a chance meeting with Stevie offers him the story he's been dreaming of. He has waited years for an opportunity like this to fall into his lap. Now he has the chance to scoop the story of the year- A ...more
Kelly
Jul 06, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:

A classic love story by bestselling author Sandra Brown, where betrayal is only a heartbeat away from desire, and love can be found in the most unexpected places.

Stevie Corbett is in jeopardy of losing everything she's sacrificed and worked so hard for -- her career, her reputation, her future. Her life. Now she has just two weeks to make a monumental decision, but her fate rides on keeping the truth a secret.

Judd Mackie's job is to uncover secrets. He's spent the past few years trailing S

Karina Pradita
Feb 12, 2014 Karina Pradita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandra menggabungkan dan mendramakan dua profesi yang bertolak belakang dengan tidak kehilangan romance-nya sama sekali. Petenis kelas dunia yang cantik dan Jurnalis yang urakan. Seperti biasa, imajinasi pembaca diliarkan dengan penggambaran setting oleh Sandra yang detail, dan seolah-olah tempat serta suasana yang diceritakan memang benar-benar ada.
Kim
I thought the book was great. Especially when the sport writer became more consider with the patient ( Tennis Star Stevie ) then the story he was suppose to be writing about her and quit his job . Came back and took her to the country to rest and relax.
Kaye Dennan
Mar 24, 2014 Kaye Dennan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Another compelling book by Sandra Brown. What I did notice in this book is that her romantic descriptions did not go on for pages and pages and I preferred that. I would rather have a good story line that endless pages of romantic sensations.
Hortensia
Muy romántica y bonita. Justo lo que necesitaba para relajarme el fin de semana. Algunas imprecisiones en cuanto al aspecto deportivo dentro de la trama, pero igual vale. Un poco flojo el final pero todo lo previsible que se podía esperar.
Fiona
Oct 03, 2014 Fiona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice little no-brainer of a read though I would have liked to see better character development and the plot was, at times, quite honestly implausible. I enjoyed the banter between the main characters. This book is from very early on in the author's career however and I'm excited to see she has moved into different genres since too. I have a copy of Envy waiting for my attention which I have high hopes for.
Dorothy
Jun 15, 2015 Dorothy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another love story by Sandra Brown about two people who dislike each other until things begin to change.
Jenn
Another typical romance, but I do enjoy Sandra Brown's works. Not too bad at all.
Kristin
I liked the book but towards the end it seemed like she was rushing to finish the book...
Janet
Mar 11, 2014 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Sandra Brown romance complete with sexual tension galore. Popcorn read.
Brilliant Hermione
Manis, menyentuh dan penuh dengan arti dan makna kehidupan.
Mary
Oct 12, 2015 Mary rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stevie's glamous career in jeopardy - did not finish book
Marina Mincheva
Доста добра книжка. Чела съм и много по-добри произведения на Сандра, тази беше малко по-лека, в смисъл, нямаше много задълбоченост в самия сюжет, както я има тази задълбоченост в другите й книги. Затова давам 4 звезди, а не 5. Но тя е около 250 страници, т.е. не е никак много и може би затова не са разгърнати докрай възможностите, които предлага историята. Идеята за главна героиня тенисистка малко я приех скептично, все пак е необичайно за любовен роман, но в последствие свикнах :D Напредвам съ ...more
Megan
sweet, light, short, dated. fun but forgettable read/listen. narration is pretty good, but given the dated plot (e.g. in the Epilogue, bookseller guy is surprised hero "lets" the wife work) . . .

overall good for listening while on the go/commuting/mind on other tasks. i enjoy tennis, followed some of the Olympics, so maybe i was just in the right mood to listen to this, though there isn't much sports itself. . . maybe the appeal to me was i kept picturing Kirsten Dunst and Paul Bettany in that
Alanna
Mar 12, 2014 Alanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short & sweet....I enjoyed it
Amanda
May 17, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
I couldn't put this book down but had to force myself several time. This author is also Sandra Brown and Rachel Ryan. (Forgive me if I spelled the name wrong.) I was in complete shock that it was same person - I love Sandra Brown. If you are into romance book - definately get this book. I can't spoil the surprise between those 2 crazy people. The woman is into Tennis and the guy is Journalist. The rest, I'll leave it to your imagination until you get this book. Worth to read!
Suzie Quint
Jan 21, 2012 Suzie Quint rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Sometimes it takes very little for an author to ruin a story for me. (Yes, I can be very anal retentive.) Really bad research will do it. Total disregard for reality will as well. In this case, it came at the very end of the book when the heroine feels her baby move for the first time. The hero immediately puts his hand on her stomach and feels it too. Pul-lease.
Šanija
Jul 19, 2015 Šanija rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book with a passion! The words "A Classic Love Story" may be scary if one dislikes romance, but this one is tasty and twist-ful, and a feast to read.
Progressing slowly and climbing up to a line of sudden events that leaves your mouth hanging open, it is loveable from the beginning to end, not forgetting all of the middle along with that.
Jenna (JennaHack)
I received this book through a Goodreads First-Reads Giveaway.

It was a cute story and definitely had the fluff I love in Romance. It wasn't a spectacular story, but sweet and gave me the break I needed between heavier and longer reads.

I'd recommend it if you have the urge for a quick, fluffy read.
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Man of Ice
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox: Story with Instructional Song
  • How to Raise a Husband
  • Wizard
  • The China Gambit (Craig Page, #1)
  • Burly and Grum and the Secret City
  • Sang Partner - Sleeping Partners
  • The Hunted of 2060 (Shifter Evolutions #5)
  • Doing What We Came to Do: Living a Life of Love
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • The Future Church: How Ten Trends are Revolutionizing the Catholic Church
  • Pot Inc.: Inside Medical Marijuana, America's Most Outlaw Industry
  • The Guy Most Likely To...