Start by marking “Hey Buddy: In Pursuit of Buddy Holly, My New Buddy John, and My Lost Decade of Music” as Want to Read:

FINALIST FOR GENERAL NON-FICTION, 2011, THE INDIE BOOK AWARDSFINALIST FOR MEMOIRS (HISTORICAL/LEGACY/CAREER), 2011, THE INDIE BOOK AWARDSHe was just a kid from Lubbock, Texas, sporting black horn-rimmed glasses, blue jeans, a white T-shirt, white socks, and loafers. And he changed the course of music history. Today, more than five decades after his tragic death, Buddy Holl ...more
Published December 23rd 2010 by Savas Beatie (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hey Buddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hey Buddy

Kathy
Feb 26, 2011 Kathy rated it liked it
A very nostalgic visit with the people that were effected by Buddy's music and death. Gary's search for his lost decade was a revelation to me because I just assumed everyone had heard of rock & roll. And even listened to it if not actually danced to it. Very interesting information about Buddy's advanced music writing, playing, and recording skills. Pretty amazing for someone SO very young.
Craig Anderson
Jan 21, 2011 Craig Anderson rated it it was amazing
" Hey Buddy is a wonderful and magical journey to find Buddy Holly -- the man, the legend, and his music. You will be blown away by what you hear and what you learn from Holly. From the crash investigations, talking to the Dwyers', and just exploring a decade of music, you thought you knew. This one is a keeper."

“Hey Buddy”- In pursuit of Buddy Holly, My New Buddy John, and My Lost Decade of Music

by Gary W. Moore
2011, Savas Beatie Publishing
219 Pages

I must start this review by saying I have neve
Ann Marie
Apr 15, 2012 Ann Marie rated it it was amazing
I give this book a five star, amazing rating only because I have never read a book that made me feel like I was sitting next to the author on a bar stool listening to him tell me this story over a couple of beers.

This is not a biography of Buddy Holly. It is about the author's quest to understand how he could of blown off the rock and roll era that was influenced so heavily by Buddy Holly. Gary Moore takes us with him as he runs into Buddy Holly fans all over the country. In the process they exp
Judy
Dec 31, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I loved this book. I have always been a big fan of Buddy Holly so I really enjoyed reading this book. It was fun to read how the author discovers all that he does about the life of Buddy Holly. I envy him being able to do all that he did in the course of writing this book.
This book was won in a giveaway and I'm so glad that I won it.
Sonia
Feb 19, 2011 Sonia rated it really liked it
I was very happy when I got this book in the mail as Buddy Holly is one of my favorite singers from that era. I think that the book is well written and a fun read for anyone interested in this topic :).

(Will update with full review soon)
Gary Moore
Feb 11, 2011 Gary Moore rated it it was amazing
I loved every moment in the pursuit of the legacy of Buddy Holly!
Tammy
Jan 20, 2011 Tammy rated it liked it
Pleasant enough. I will be reading a Holly biography soon as my interest was piqued.
Marie
Apr 26, 2012 Marie is currently reading it
Learned about author Gary W. Moore from a required reading book from my daughter Ellie. This book is stating with a bit self aggrandizement style, it is a quick read and interesting.
Lori McCarthy
Jun 28, 2015 Lori McCarthy rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. I, too, want to learn more about Buddy Holly now. A fun memoir; a quick read.
Owen Duffy
Owen Duffy rated it did not like it
Dec 21, 2015
Dakota Wentworth
Dakota Wentworth rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2017
Barbara Adams
Barbara Adams rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2012
Jessica Robicheaux
Jessica Robicheaux rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Linda J. Sandahl
Linda J. Sandahl rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Tegan
Tegan rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Theodore Savas
Theodore Savas rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2011
James Riordan
James Riordan rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2013
Gwen Anthony
Gwen Anthony rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2017
HattieB
HattieB rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2017
Jimmy Nolan
Jimmy Nolan rated it really liked it
May 17, 2017
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
May 30, 2011
Marc
Marc rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2014
John
John rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2012
Jaymie Simmon
Jaymie Simmon rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Randy Lindberg
Randy Lindberg rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Susanne
Susanne rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2011
Richard
Richard rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2012
Stacey the Unruly Reader
Stacey the Unruly Reader rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2011
Ben Wilhite
Ben Wilhite rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Gary Miller
Gary Miller rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Hey Buddy 1 4 Jan 06, 2011 01:27PM
Gary W. Moore is known worldwide as an inspirational and motivational speaker of choice, successful entrepreneur, accomplished musician and award winning and critically acclaimed author.
As author of Playing with the Enemy, Gary tells the story of his father, Gene Moore and his remarkable life in baseball and war, soon to be a major motion picture.
Gary is a recipient of the prestigious Sam Walton L
More about Gary W. Moore...