Start by marking “Stone Kissed” as Want to Read:

Stone Kissed

When Delia Forrest talks to statues, they talk back. She is, after all, the last of the Steward witches.

After an arsonist torches her ancestral home with her estranged father still inside, Delia is forced to sell the estate to pay his medical bills. Her childhood crush, Grant Wolverton, makes a handsome offer for Steward House, vowing to return it to its former glory. Deli
Published December 27th 2010 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Stone Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Kissed

Kaethe
May 18, 2015 Kaethe rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this. I haven't read much romance since high school, when historical titles by Victoria Holt and others were found so profusely on the paperback lending shelves at church. Insatiable or Jennifer Crusie's Don't Look Down for that tricky balance of action, adventure, and humor. I'm already looking forward to Stevens' next book, as well as her recommendations of other titles.Full disclosure: Advance electronic reading copy provided by publisher. I requested it, because Stevens is a ...more
Ronda  Tutt
Jan 23, 2011 Ronda Tutt rated it liked it
Interestng Concept!

Not a bad read, the story line concept of a witch being able to talk and communicate with statues is great. Though I enjoyed this concept I felt a little lost at points because there weren’t enough explanations of what was actually happening in the scene to get a full idea of what the author was trying to get across.

For example, in a scene, a cousin to Delia was some type of evil witch that killed several people for their essence/life force power. However the author’s descript
Christine
Nov 19, 2010 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, galley
I was surprised to find out this is a full-length novel since most galleys from Carina Press are less than 100 pages, but this story was so good I stayed up way too late to finish it.

Delia can speak to statues and they talk back to her! It's a strange power, I know, but it's so quirky and I love how the statues protect Delia, but still play around with her. They're like a dysfunctional family.

Grant Wolverton has a talent, too - for finding treasure in the unlikeliest of places. And Grant wants D
Kristin - *Nocturnal Bites*
Stone Kissed is Keri Steven's debut novel, featuring Delia Forrest, a stone conservator who can communicate with statues. I was immediately drawn to this book, primarily because of the unique story line. No vampires or shape shifters here.. Instead, Keri introduces us to a world filled with talking statues, witches, a psychotic succubus, and an ancient town that harbors special powers. Oh, and did I mention this story features a budding romance with hot, smexy love scenes?

This book is a fun read
Mandi Schreiner
Dec 25, 2010 Mandi Schreiner rated it it was ok
Delia has a very distant relationship with her father, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t devastated when her childhood home, Steward House burns in a fire. Her father is left in a coma as a result. Not having much money, and knowing she will have substantial medical bills in the near future for her father, she decides to sell Steward House to Grant Wolverton. She has had a crush on Grant since childhood, but he doesn’t remember her. Very wealthy, Grant who deals in antiques and art, offers to rest ...more
Kelsey
Dec 10, 2010 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I really liked this book. It had great characters and a great storyline. Delia Forrest is the last of the Steward witches. She grew up being ashamed of her gifts (being able to speak to statues). Her father verbally abused her and always found a way to keep her away from home. Now an arsonist has set fire to her family home, Steward House, with her father in it. He is in critical care and she must come home to take care of him. Once she is home, Grant Wolverton makes her an offer she can't refus ...more
Diana
Dec 29, 2010 Diana rated it it was ok
Audiobook. Two stars for the book and the narrator gets a lump of coal.

With the exception of a few poignant, very nicely executed scenes between Delia and her estranged father, the book's are-you-serious factor is off the charts. I can run with a fantasy as well as anyone, but I need a little more believability and cohesiveness than I found here. There are omniscient stone statues who can walk and talk and have sex. There's a good witch and a creepy, evil, zombie-like witch.

I guess I could hav
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic

This book was even better than I'd expected from reading the blurb. Delia not only speaks with statues, but can hear them speak in return. Because of this, we readers are treated to a wide array of quirky characters, most of which can only interact with Delia.

Estranged from her overbearing father, Delia returns when he is gravely injured in a fire at their family home, Steward House. While a successful restorer, Delia o
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
A refreshingly new kind of paranormal romance!

Stone Kissed has the perfect ingredients for a great story: an original plot, suspense, great humor, tons of romance and a little bit of magic. A great “lazy weekend” read that will leave you with a smile and satisfied!

Read my full review here:

*Reviewed for Nocturne Romance Reads
Celine
Dec 28, 2010 Celine rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, romance
It took me almost a month to finish this book. Not because it's such a long book, or so intricately written, but just because after reading every twenty pages I had to put Stone Kissed down again. This story annoyed me to no end.

Delia can talk to statues. In her work as restorer this can come in quite handy, but in the social plane not so much. When her father has a terrible accident she is forced to sell the house of her childhood. The buyer, the influential Grant Wolverton, makes her feel thin
Wenj
Nov 15, 2010 Wenj rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2010, for-review
Review provided by Black Lagoon Reviews:

Stone Kissed, the debut novel by author Keri Stevens, is a masterful beginning to what I am sure is going to be a wonderful writing career. This story was richly developed with an original, unique plot that kept me reading late into the night. With a solid writing style and a fun premise this is definitely a novel that I would recommend to anyone who appreciates a beautiful statue or a simmering romance.

What really captured me when I started reading this n
Chibineko
Nov 29, 2010 Chibineko rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The great thing about Carina Press is that it allows for newer authors to be published in e-format. Sometimes however, I wonder how some authors aren't published in paper format. Keri Stevens' Stone Kissed is one of those books that I really do believe deserves to be published in paperback format as well as e-book format.

While the synopsis makes this book sound like it's some thriller focused around someone hunting Grant & Delia, it's really not that type of book. The main thrust of the book
Vasya
Mar 25, 2011 Vasya rated it liked it
I couldn't put a tag on this book. Not exactly fantasy or paranormal, but not exactly realism too. I just didn't get the feeling that there was something abnormal with Delia, because talking to statues just felt so natural, I even had a feeling like I could just go find one and have a little chit-chat with her.

I had some hard time with keeping up with the romance between her and Grant, though. I just couldn't get into it properly, and I felt like there was a lot left out, and that there was a lo
Jen
Oct 25, 2010 Jen rated it it was amazing
I'm giving five stars to a debut author I think is going to be a star. The writing is tight, the storyline is fun, and the characters are likable. The book is being released by Carina Press but reads like it came from a print publisher, which is refreshing in itself.

Delia Forrest has a strange talent: she can speak to statues. She comes from a long line of women with varying powers, but it all boils down to Delia being a witch. So, to go along with her particularly unusual gift, Delia is a stone
Keri Ford
Feb 23, 2011 Keri Ford rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, mystery
Such a great read. Delia is a beta heroine. I don’t think I’ve ever given that term to a girl before, but if there was ever a beta heroine, it would be Delia. She’s completely adorable! She’s part of a long line of witches (skips generations) and has the ability to talk to statues. It’s a gift she enjoys, something that’s a part of her as well as her arms and legs are a part of her. She does hide her gift from people though, after being punished by her parents over the matter.

Grant was overbeari
Syl
Feb 21, 2011 Syl rated it it was amazing
An expert statue restorer who holds conversations with her often snarky charges? Yes. Fabulous. I loved that after a while in her sphere of influence, the statues gained a range of movement. I also really liked that others were able to interact with them as well. Toss in a nice little romance story for good measure, and you have a really good book with a lot of humor and a fair amount of insight.

Thanks to Netgalley.com for giving my access to this title.
Cheryl
Jan 09, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Lisa
Feb 17, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Well written/crafted. Clearly the author knows about art, history, architecture, romance, and hunky men. That the statues each have personalities as unique as their forms only added dimension to the piece.
Vanessa Kelly
Dec 11, 2010 Vanessa Kelly rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Carina Press! They're really putting out some very strong romantic suspense and paranormal books, and Stone Kissed can definitely be added to the list.
Kerrianne Coombes
Dec 30, 2010 Kerrianne Coombes rated it really liked it
A great read. I really enjoyed it! I wished that you could give half stars, because it would have been a 4.5 from me!
Andita
Jan 21, 2017 Andita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just...

Loved it to pieces. The concept was new to me but I thought the laughs, sexy vibes, and stone characters made for a good story. I'm looking forward to getting more by this author. The thing though that I got confused by was the sex scenes. I was not sure they were using protection or not, so by the end I expected her to be pregnant.
Carissa
Dec 27, 2010 Carissa rated it really liked it
"Delia. You are but silk and bone dust. Steward House was here long before you, and she'll be here long after you are resting inside with your mother."

Grandmere didn't mean to be callous. None of them did. But tact and diplomacy had no hold in hearts of stone. They spoke their truths with neither apology nor restraint. "Don't you see, you silly child? Steward House does not belong to you. You belong to Steward House."

~ Stone Kissed

Delia Forrest has problems. First off, she's a witch---which migh
Ruby
Dec 22, 2010 Ruby rated it liked it
Review first published on http://rubysreads.com.[return][return... requested this book and then wasn t sure I was going to read it because of the lack of success I had with the other Carina Press book, Like Clockwork. Then, my computer broke and I was both extremely upset and out of commission (as far as blogging and the internet were concerned). Thus, I picked up my Kindle to search for something to ease my pain. I have a lot of stuff on my Kindle right now and most of it is Teen/YA. Since I wa ...more
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
3.5 stars: Liked it - recommend (B+)
Review originally posted at That's What I'm Talking About

Delia Forrest, a Steward Witch, is the fastest and best stone conservator in the DC area because of her secret: she can talk to sculptures. However, when her father, Vernon Forrest, is caught in a fire at his house and remains in ICU back home in Stewardsville, NC, Delia decides to move back to help him recover.

Antique dealer and art hunter Grant Wolverton has long coveted the Steward House and decides t
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Rating: 2.5 - Okay

Stone Kissed has an interesting and unique concept for a story line but it left me wanting.

Delia Forest is from a long line of Stewards, where every few generations a witch is born with special powers. Delia can talk to stone statues and with her gift, they talk back.
But because of her parents treatment of her and her ‘delusions’ she hides her powers (though everyone seems to know anyways) and is a bit of a wallflower. She left her hometown and leads a quite life as a stone con
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 29, 2010 Carmel (Rabid Reads) rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by Keri Stevens debut novel, Stone Kissed. The quality of the writing and of the story are on par with experienced, best-selling authors. Initially, I downloaded the eBook with some trepidation. The blurb sounded like the book had potential but that it could have gone in either direction (i.e. good or bad). My doubts were quickly put to rest as I was engulfed by Delia and Grant's amazing story.

Delia is a witch, but not your average kind (if there is even such a thing!). She has
OpenBookSociety.com
Mar 31, 2011 OpenBookSociety.com rated it really liked it
Keri Stevens

Review brought to you by OBS staff member Heidi

*Spoilers*

Delia is the last of the Steward witches. She’s not your typical casting spells and smoking cauldrons type of witch, though. Her “gift” is that she can animate statues, she talks to them and they talk back and can even move when she’s in the vicinity. As you can imagine, when people see a girl constantly talking to statues, they all start to think she’s a bit on the crazy side.

Delia inherited the house she grew up
Sassafrass
A review for The Romance Reviews.

With a debut novel that had me plastered to my kindle, Keri Stevens is definitely a new author to watch!

Stone Kissed is the first novel by Keri Stevens, and I was amazed that it was. It's got a great plot, steamy love scenes, and an interesting story that will having you laughing, gasping in surprise, and clapping for the happily ever after at the end.

Delia Forrest talks to statues. Stone statues to be specific. She always has, much to her estranged father's dism
Becca
Delia comes from a long line of female witches, but this power they have doesn't go to each generation Delia's mom was normal so Delia has been trying to hide her power for as long as she can remember. Delia can talk to stone statues and they also talk back to her. When she was young she lived in a house that had been on her mothers side of the family for five generations, but when her mother died her father sent her away to school and they both decided on avoiding each other as much as possible ...more
Bending The Bookshelf
Dec 30, 2010 Bending The Bookshelf rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, witches
Stone Kissed is an interesting (at times wonderful) story that begins with a novel concept – that of a woman who can talk to statues. Such a simple idea, but it captured my attention from the moment I first began hearing about the book’s release.

As a lead character, Delia is great. I was so pleased to see that Keri avoided the usual cliché about a heroine being unaware of or uncomfortable with her powers. Instead, Delia knows precisely what she is. Through her unique talent, she’s not only able
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Freeze Line
  • Motor City Witch (Urban Arcana, #2)
  • Winter Wishes
  • Stealing Time (Time #1)
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Dark Bonds, #1)
  • Delighting in Your Company
  • American Vampire
  • Samael (Fallen Angel, #4)
  • The Devil and Ms. Johnson
  • Lessons After Dark (Englefield, #2)
  • A Taste of Scarlet (Treeland Pack Tales)
  • No Rest for the Wicca
  • Too Sinful To Deny (Scoundrels & Secrets, #2)
  • Forever Vampire
  • The Spy Who Saved Christmas (SDDU, #10)
  • Mating Games (Halle Pumas, #1-3)
  • Lust (The Sins and The Virtues, #1)
KERI STEVENS was raised in southern Missouri and has lived in Germany, Arizona, North Carolina and Kentucky. Along the way she acquired degrees in writing and German, a romance hero of her very own, three sons, two miraculous cats and a mutt who licks her when she speaks German.
Her husband gave Keri her first romance novel to read, which unleashed a passion. Several years and a couple thousand nov
More about Keri Stevens...