Start by marking “Spectacular Death: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Mortality and (Un)Representability” as Want to Read:

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  2 Ratings  ·  1 Review
A collection of essays on the medical and social articulation of death, this anthologyconsiders to what extent a subject as elusive as death can be examined. Though it touches us all, we can perceive it only in lifewith the predictable result that we treat it either as a clinical or social problem to be managed or as a phenomenon to be studied quantitatively.

This volume g
Published June 15th 2011 by Intellect Ltd (first published December 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spectacular Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spectacular Death

Emily E. Auger
Mar 18, 2014 Emily E. Auger rated it really liked it
Recommended to Emily by: 9f142656@opayq.com
Shelves: nonfiction
I bought the Kobo ebook in search of scholarly text-based dialogue on the subject that would be relevant to a popular-culture paper I'm writing. I found it. Apart from one almost nonsensical theory paper, this anthology is interesting, thought-provoking, and relevant to modern experience and perceptions.
Stephanie McGarrah
Stephanie McGarrah marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
S.
S. marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Dragana
Dragana marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012