Start by marking “Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live” as Want to Read:
Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live

Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  385 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Better Than Good offers Zig's practical and spiritual vision for what life can be when we allow the power of purpose and passion to permeate our souls.
Published April 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published October 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Better Than Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Than Good

Susan
Sep 12, 2011 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
This is a fantastic book...I have just started it for the second time. Zig Ziglar is a faithul, God following, Christian man and he loves to share his light with others. The unabridged audio version of this book is read by Zig Ziglar and is amazing to listen to as he adds his own southern drawl inflection to these wonderfully enthusiastic, inspiring, and uplifting words...
Trevor Acy
I don't believe I have ever read a book as quickly as I read Better Than Good. Zig is the best for a reason and this book has left me wanting; wanting to experience the 'better than good' life as soon as possible. I have a renewed sense of hope in my future and what I can make it.
Alain Burrese
"Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live" by Zig Ziglar is a motivating book by one of the most popular motivation authors and speakers of the last five decades. In this book, Ziglar aims to inspire you to redefine success and achieve your dreams. He wants you to live a life that is Better Than Good. I believe he's done just that. You can't help but to feel better and be more motivated to pursue and achieve more out of your life after reading this book.

The three parts of the boo
Crystal
Zig is endearing. I listened to this book bought from Audible. Zig narrates this book and that really helped the message to have power. However, in this narration, the listener can tell that Zig, at age 79 when reading this, was ailing just a bit. This book is more spiritual than I realized and I appreciate Zig’s faith and embraced what he was communicating. Some may not embrace his evangelical zeal but his principles work whether one is Christian or not. His joy is infectious and his wisdom is ...more
Brad Ward
Zig gets it. He's one of the few in the world that realizes that our success and purpose only comes from God, and the diligent work that He commands. In his book, "Better Than Good", Zig strives to get his readers to understand this point, and he does a great job at doing so.

If you're looking for motivation, how to be at your peak performance, and live the "better than good" life, Zig tells you how in this book. He has decades of experience, and the stories and wisdom he has to share is invaluab
Brent Mair
Zig Ziglar is a compelling and funny speaker. Speaking in front a live audience is where he shines. This book, while full of practical ideas, isn't as good.

The book is very Christian focussed and more than a chapter is spent witnessing of Christ.

Overall, if I were to follow the advice in the book I'd be a better person. Zig is inspiring and has plenty of practical advice.
Jim Pagiamtzis
Great book by Zig Ziglar. Great personal stories that teach about his experiences. Chapter 12 is fantastic! The three P's.
Ida Silvia
Zig told us not to live in mediocre. Things I could learn from these book is "if we could do great, why settle with being good?".
John
Mar 02, 2012 John rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
Because my job involves helping young people develop as leaders, I find myself frequently looking at books in the self-help / motivation / business sections, which is how I came across Zig Ziglar's Better than Good. There were some things I really liked about the book, but its ultra-Christian, God-centered perspective wasn't one of them. For true believers, this might be the perfect motivational book. For me, it was no better than good.

At a certain point, when you've read enough of these motiva
Assia
the least i can say about this book is that it was "better than good". wonderful advice and motivational content, it will leave you with a smile and a fire to start over.
Debica
Purpose of career in your life, purpose of marriage in your life, purpose of God in your life and The Calling. Need I say more? This is better than good.
David
This is an extremely rich book regarding passion, peak performance and purpose for life.

One thing he is really gifted at is the process of laying out a principle, supporting the principle with quotes / data and then sharing a story how someone really has lived out that principle. This very effective process really brings his material to life.

I'm also thankful I listened to the audiobook because I was able to listen to him speak about his material in his own voice to capture the passion behind
Readerbug
Jul 30, 2014 Readerbug marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Cristina
A book that shows you the importance of passion, perseverance and scope. Plenty of examples of people succeded though the chances were so low looking from outside.

It made me think of my life, my final and grater scope, my role in a society, my spiritual life...me. Change will follow for sure as this book can show you the positive of the right belives.
Jeffrey
Most of what the Zig puts out is special. You need to read him . . . and get inspired. Great gift of gab. Funny. Thought provoking. Motivational. He's certainly on a mission. Hell, he's 90 something and is still doing. People don't go that long without a passion or a mission.
Shuaib Gill
This is an awesome book which encourages people to break out of their rut and live the life of their dreams. It is a book for everyone - young and old. It encourages people to read and gain knowledge, and believe their dreams can come true.
Kenneth Krohn
This is what you would expect from Zig a top notch book full of great information to help motivate and inspire. Another good job the "over the top" speaker I admire.
Doug Ehlert
This book is packed full of great ideas and concepts. Although it does focus on Christian values, it is a excellent motivator for any belief or background.
Atchisson
Great stuff. It took no time to devour, but it has stayed with me since I read it. I like that ratio!
James
very very awesome book, full of thought provoking material...best read with a Bible in hand for reference.
Rita
It's all about perspective. Get out of your comfort zone & strive for excellence.
Craig
Not bad, but definitely not his best work. Drags for a while & gets a bit repetitive.
Barb
Zig Ziglar is such a gifted communicator! What an inspiring book. I loved it!
Tim
Never read a Ziglar book I haven't enjoyed to the fullest
Michael
Good motivational material.
Asawari
Love Zig zigglar books ....
Elvera Edward
Really got motivated!!!
  • Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills that Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed
  • The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out
  • The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children: Parenting from the Heart
  • A Passion for Excellence: The Leadership Difference
  • The Art of Influence: Persuading Others Begins With You
  • The Magic Lamp: Goal Setting for People Who Hate Setting Goals
  • Dig Your Well before You're Thirsty: The only networking book you'll ever need
  • Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success: An Owner's Manual to the New York Times Bestseller, the Traveler's Gift
  • Goodbye to Shy: 85 Shybusters That Work!
  • How to Master the Art of Selling
  • An Enemy Called Average
  • Get Motivated!: Overcome Any Obstacle, Achieve Any Goal, and Accelerate Your Success with Motivational DNA
  • The Winner Within
  • 20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course for Mastering Your Life Right Now
  • How to Develop Your Personal Mission Statement
  • Instant Rapport
  • Cognition
  • Martin Luther King, Jr., on Leadership: Inspiration and Wisdom for Challenging Times
Zig Ziglar is a motivational teacher and trainer who has traveled the world over, delivering his messages of humor, hope, and encouragement. As a talented author and speaker, he has international appeal that transcends every color, culture, and career. Recognized by his peers as the quintessential motivational genius of our times, Zig Ziglar has a unique delivery style and powerful messages that h ...more
More about Zig Ziglar...
See You at the Top Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale Over the Top Born to Win: Find Your Success Code Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know

“Live creatively, friends. . . . Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others” (Galatians 6:1, 4).” 2 likes
“Outside of your relationship with God, the most important relationship you can have is with yourself. I don’t mean that we are to spend all our time focused on me, me, me to the exclusion of others. Instead, I mean that we must be healthy internally—emotionally and spiritually—in order to create healthy relationships with others. Motivational pep talks and techniques for achieving success are useless if a person is weighed down by guilt, shame, depression, rejection, bitterness, or crushed self-esteem. Countless marriages land on the rocks of divorce because unhealthy people marry thinking that marriage, or their spouse, will make them whole. Wrong. If you’re not a healthy single person you won’t be a healthy married person. Part of God’s purpose for every human life is wholeness and health. I love the words of Jesus in John 10:10: “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” God knows we are the walking wounded in this world and He wants the opportunity to remove everything that limits us and heal every wound from which we suffer. Some wonder why God doesn’t just “fix” us automatically so we can get on with life. It’s because He wants our wounds to be our tutors to lead us to Him. Pain is a wonderful motivator and teacher! When the great Russian intellectual Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was released from the horrible Siberian work camp to which he was sent by Joseph Stalin, he said, “Thank you, prison!” It was the pain and suffering he endured that caused his eyes to be opened to the reality of the God of his childhood, to embrace his God anew in a personal way. When we are able to say thank you to the pain we have endured, we know we are ready to fulfill our purpose in life. When we resist the pain life brings us, all of our energy goes into resistance and we have none left for the pursuit of our purpose. It is the better part of wisdom to let pain do its work and shape us as it will. We will be wiser, deeper, and more productive in the long run. There is a great promise in the New Testament that says God comes to us to comfort us so we can turn around and comfort those who are hurting with the comfort we have received from Him (see 2 Corinthians 1:3–4). Make yourself available to God and to those who suffer. A large part of our own healing comes when we reach out with compassion to others.” 1 likes