Start by marking “Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live” as Want to Read:
Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live

Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live

The Ultimate Challenge: To Be Better Than Good

He has spent his life helping other people to realize their dreams and experience maximum success. Now comes Zig Ziglar's high-impact work that calls you to the passion, purpose, and practical tools that can ignite the peak performance you long for.

In the real-life stories Zig shares, drawn from nearly fifty years as a world-cl
Published April 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published October 2005)

Susan
Sep 12, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
This is a fantastic book...I have just started it for the second time. Zig Ziglar is a faithul, God following, Christian man and he loves to share his light with others. The unabridged audio version of this book is read by Zig Ziglar and is amazing to listen to as he adds his own southern drawl inflection to these wonderfully enthusiastic, inspiring, and uplifting words...
Trevor Acy
Apr 08, 2011 Trevor Acy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't believe I have ever read a book as quickly as I read Better Than Good. Zig is the best for a reason and this book has left me wanting; wanting to experience the 'better than good' life as soon as possible. I have a renewed sense of hope in my future and what I can make it.
Dyanna
Feb 26, 2017 Dyanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
This book's main theme is the answer to the following question:
How can I live a better life?
I warmly recommend this book for the people who really want to change themselves in order to live an extraordinary life.
Alain Burrese
Aug 20, 2012 Alain Burrese rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: success
"Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live" by Zig Ziglar is a motivating book by one of the most popular motivation authors and speakers of the last five decades. In this book, Ziglar aims to inspire you to redefine success and achieve your dreams. He wants you to live a life that is Better Than Good. I believe he's done just that. You can't help but to feel better and be more motivated to pursue and achieve more out of your life after reading this book.

The three parts of the boo
Brad Ward
May 16, 2013 Brad Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Zig gets it. He's one of the few in the world that realizes that our success and purpose only comes from God, and the diligent work that He commands. In his book, "Better Than Good", Zig strives to get his readers to understand this point, and he does a great job at doing so.

If you're looking for motivation, how to be at your peak performance, and live the "better than good" life, Zig tells you how in this book. He has decades of experience, and the stories and wisdom he has to share is invaluab
Crystal
Feb 23, 2014 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zig is endearing. I listened to this book bought from Audible. Zig narrates this book and that really helped the message to have power. However, in this narration, the listener can tell that Zig, at age 79 when reading this, was ailing just a bit. This book is more spiritual than I realized and I appreciate Zig’s faith and embraced what he was communicating. Some may not embrace his evangelical zeal but his principles work whether one is Christian or not. His joy is infectious and his wisdom is ...more
Brent Mair
Zig Ziglar is a compelling and funny speaker. Speaking in front a live audience is where he shines. This book, while full of practical ideas, isn't as good.

The book is very Christian focussed and more than a chapter is spent witnessing of Christ.

Overall, if I were to follow the advice in the book I'd be a better person. Zig is inspiring and has plenty of practical advice.
Jim Pagiamtzis
Nov 08, 2009 Jim Pagiamtzis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book by Zig Ziglar. Great personal stories that teach about his experiences. Chapter 12 is fantastic! The three P's.
Ida Silvia
Zig told us not to live in mediocre. Things I could learn from these book is "if we could do great, why settle with being good?".
John
Mar 02, 2012 John rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
Because my job involves helping young people develop as leaders, I find myself frequently looking at books in the self-help / motivation / business sections, which is how I came across Zig Ziglar's Better than Good. There were some things I really liked about the book, but its ultra-Christian, God-centered perspective wasn't one of them. For true believers, this might be the perfect motivational book. For me, it was no better than good.

At a certain point, when you've read enough of these motiva
Joshua
Jan 18, 2017 Joshua rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretty good book that gave me a lot of good things to think about--particularly what a better than good life could look like. He really sold me on it and I definitely want to pick that up. So, I'd have to disagree with the other reviewers: this book does have a lot on personal development. Zig is one of the most ripped off people of the 20th century. So, it shouldn't be surprising this isn't all brand new information.

That said, usually, I can get around the Christian themes in his wor
Noetic_Hatter
The older Zig got, the more religious his books became. And this is one of his latest books before his death. I knew that, and I should have expected it.

At least I got it free from the library.

There's some decent self-help info to be had here. But you have to wade through the discussions about intelligent design, god's purpose, etc. In the end what it comes down to is that Zig couldn't fathom the absence of a god because otherwise his life wouldn't have any meaning. And neither would his reade
Mark Anderson
Listened to this in the car to and from work. Listening to Mr. Ziglar is like listening to your grandfather tell old stories. You sort of get bored with it when it goes on hour after hour. But you realize a few times during the humdrum - and more and more later on - that what he shared is really, really good advice and worth remembering. I've replied more than once to people who ask me how I'm doing - "I'm doing better than good" - after I've heard Mr. Ziglar say those words over and over again. ...more
Emmanuel Balan
Apr 14, 2016 Emmanuel Balan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: better-me
Perhaps one of the best Zig books he's ever written! FIlled with so much wisdom (he wrote it in his 70's so you better believe there was a lot of Ziglar golden nuggets). I laughed, I cried, I learned how to be a better me. If you're a Zig fan or just truly want to learn how you can get over today's BS and become a better person, then this is a must read. There are many books out there but as Zig says "timeless truths are always right," so please put this in your collection of must-read books. Re ...more
David
Jul 19, 2012 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an extremely rich book regarding passion, peak performance and purpose for life.

One thing he is really gifted at is the process of laying out a principle, supporting the principle with quotes / data and then sharing a story how someone really has lived out that principle. This very effective process really brings his material to life.

I'm also thankful I listened to the audiobook because I was able to listen to him speak about his material in his own voice to capture the passion behind
LY
Mar 09, 2016 LY rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot of concepts were great. Much of it is the application of the law of attraction.

What was a turn off was that the second half of the book was proselytizing his Christian faith. Taking examples from his life and how Chrisitan faith helped his life become "better than good" is fine. Telling his readers what to believe and what not to believe is not.

I would have tolerated a chapter speaking to his faith; not half the book.
Cristina
Dec 26, 2012 Cristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that shows you the importance of passion, perseverance and scope. Plenty of examples of people succeded though the chances were so low looking from outside.

It made me think of my life, my final and grater scope, my role in a society, my spiritual life...me. Change will follow for sure as this book can show you the positive of the right belives.
Rebecca Hagin
I love Zig Ziglar but as he aged his motivational speaking has seemed to get very Christian orientated, I think that dilutes his magnificent message. I am choosing to listen to earlier editions of his work now.
Shuaib Gill
Jun 06, 2013 Shuaib Gill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome book which encourages people to break out of their rut and live the life of their dreams. It is a book for everyone - young and old. It encourages people to read and gain knowledge, and believe their dreams can come true.
Rebecca Hagin
I found this book as informative as his other books. It had too many scriptural for references for my liking. I thought it was inappropriate to have an altar call at the end as this book is designed as a motivational tool in my opinion
Stepan
Apr 18, 2016 Stepan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zig Ziglar played a huge role in personal development industry. His contribution was significant. I would not call this book a masterpiece, but rather a piece that played its part in the whole range of things.
Jeffrey
Jun 24, 2008 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
Most of what the Zig puts out is special. You need to read him . . . and get inspired. Great gift of gab. Funny. Thought provoking. Motivational. He's certainly on a mission. Hell, he's 90 something and is still doing. People don't go that long without a passion or a mission.
Theresa
Oct 20, 2016 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-own
Very religious but he still makes some good points.
Atchisson
Jan 31, 2008 Atchisson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great stuff. It took no time to devour, but it has stayed with me since I read it. I like that ratio!
Jeff
Jan 16, 2016 Jeff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Attitude is everything. I am often surprised that people are shocked when I answer enthusiastically that I am doing great!
Craig
May 24, 2008 Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, but definitely not his best work. Drags for a while & gets a bit repetitive.
Lawrence
Apr 09, 2013 Lawrence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
read it
Kenneth Krohn
Oct 23, 2013 Kenneth Krohn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is what you would expect from Zig a top notch book full of great information to help motivate and inspire. Another good job the "over the top" speaker I admire.
Rita
Mar 25, 2011 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's all about perspective. Get out of your comfort zone & strive for excellence.
Michael
Good motivational material.
  • For All Eternity:  A four talk set to strengthen your marriage
  • Goodbye to Shy: 85 Shybusters That Work!
  • The Story of You: (And How to Create a New One)
  • Get Motivated!: Overcome Any Obstacle, Achieve Any Goal, and Accelerate Your Success with Motivational DNA
  • Maxwell 3-in1 Special Edition: The Winning Attitude,Developing the Leaders Around You,Becoming a Person of Influence
  • Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills that Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed
  • Instant Rapport
  • The Power of an Hour: Business and Life Mastery in One Hour a Week
  • The Three Musketeers Of The Army Air Forces
  • The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children: Parenting from the Heart
  • Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success: An Owner's Manual to the New York Times Bestseller, The Traveler's Gift
  • Nest in the Wind: Adventures in Anthropology on a Tropical Island
  • The Art of Friendship: 70 Simple Rules for Making Meaningful Connections
  • People Buy You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Business
  • The Art of Influence: Persuading Others Begins With You
  • Cognition
  • The Seasons of Life
  • The Loyalty Effect: The Hidden Force Behind Growth, Profits, and Lasting Value
Zig Ziglar was a motivational teacher and trainer who traveled the world over, delivering his messages of humor, hope, and encouragement. As a talented author and speaker, he had international appeal that transcended every color, culture, and career. Recognized by his peers as the quintessential motivational genius of our times, Zig Ziglar had a unique delivery style and powerful messages that ear ...more
More about Zig Ziglar...

“Outside of your relationship with God, the most important relationship you can have is with yourself. I don’t mean that we are to spend all our time focused on me, me, me to the exclusion of others. Instead, I mean that we must be healthy internally—emotionally and spiritually—in order to create healthy relationships with others. Motivational pep talks and techniques for achieving success are useless if a person is weighed down by guilt, shame, depression, rejection, bitterness, or crushed self-esteem. Countless marriages land on the rocks of divorce because unhealthy people marry thinking that marriage, or their spouse, will make them whole. Wrong. If you’re not a healthy single person you won’t be a healthy married person. Part of God’s purpose for every human life is wholeness and health. I love the words of Jesus in John 10:10: “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” God knows we are the walking wounded in this world and He wants the opportunity to remove everything that limits us and heal every wound from which we suffer. Some wonder why God doesn’t just “fix” us automatically so we can get on with life. It’s because He wants our wounds to be our tutors to lead us to Him. Pain is a wonderful motivator and teacher! When the great Russian intellectual Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was released from the horrible Siberian work camp to which he was sent by Joseph Stalin, he said, “Thank you, prison!” It was the pain and suffering he endured that caused his eyes to be opened to the reality of the God of his childhood, to embrace his God anew in a personal way. When we are able to say thank you to the pain we have endured, we know we are ready to fulfill our purpose in life. When we resist the pain life brings us, all of our energy goes into resistance and we have none left for the pursuit of our purpose. It is the better part of wisdom to let pain do its work and shape us as it will. We will be wiser, deeper, and more productive in the long run. There is a great promise in the New Testament that says God comes to us to comfort us so we can turn around and comfort those who are hurting with the comfort we have received from Him (see 2 Corinthians 1:3–4). Make yourself available to God and to those who suffer. A large part of our own healing comes when we reach out with compassion to others.” 5 likes
“Live creatively, friends. . . . Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others” (Galatians 6:1, 4).” 2 likes