Start by marking “Tiki Road Trip: A Guide to Tiki Culture in North America” as Want to Read:
Tiki Road Trip: A Guide to Tiki Culture in North America

Tiki Road Trip: A Guide to Tiki Culture in North America

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This complete guide to Tiki culture in North America and abroad lists, describes, and reviews every known Tiki bar, Polynesian restaurant, and other site of interest to fans of "Polynesian Pop." From Tiki godfathers such as Edgar Leeteg and Don the Beachcomber to contemporary Tiki artists like Shag and Bosko, this resource covers all things Tiki in prose that is witty, ent ...more
Published May 28th 2003 by Santa Monica Press

To ask other readers questions about Tiki Road Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiki Road Trip

Mike Lester
Having used this book as a guide on one of the most epic road trips ever, I feel I can safely give this an emphatic 5 stars. Yes!
NK
It was a fun trip through tiki-ville. Glad that the distinction was made between tiki pop culture and true Hawaiian culture. A number of local places are already gone since the printing of this book but it is nice to read about them.
Janet
It's amazing the number of establishments devoted to Polynesian pop culture. If I've ever got a hankering for a mai tai and some bamboo, I know where to turn. Pleased as planter's punch to know that I've already been to one of the more authentic digs, Forbidden Island in Alameda.
Lori
Jul 31, 2008 Lori marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I've been meaning to check this one out because it is probably as close as I'll ever get to the South Seas (unless you count Australia) and I used to know the author. The fact that the national expert on tiki comes from Cleveland makes improbable sense somehow!
Rick Segers
I got this from the library and have enjoyed it. I will be adding a copy to my personal collection since I will want it for quick, future reference.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Kevin Knutson
Kevin Knutson marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Rissa
Rissa marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Sakunee
Sakunee marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Spygirl915
Spygirl915 marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Andrew Quirk
Andrew Quirk marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014