Start by marking “Rage of the Fallen (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #8)” as Want to Read:
Rage of the Fallen (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #8)

Rage of the Fallen (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles #8)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  9,165 Ratings  ·  286 Reviews
A dangerous few months lie ahead ones which some of us will be hard-pressed to survive.

Thomas Ward has served as the Spook's apprentice for three years. He has battled boggarts, witches, demons, and even the devil himself. Tom has enemies: The Fiend stalks him, waiting for a moment of weakness. The terrifying Morrigan, goddess of witches, warned him never to step foot on h
Published April 19th 2011 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Rage of the Fallen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rage of the Fallen

Evgeny
Jan 11, 2016 Evgeny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The Spook and Co. ran away from their war-torn country and ended up in Ireland in the beginning of this installment. I might be wrong and this is my personal opinion, but I think that when it comes to mythology Ireland can easily give ancient Greece a good run for the money.
Morrigan
Consequently there is a lot of work for the Spook in the new country.

Unfortunately Spook's apprentice and the main hero of the series Tom managed to royally piss of a powerful local witch - without even meeting her before.
Richard
Sep 16, 2016 Richard rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-fantasy
7/10

An enjoyable read in the series which has now reached a tipping point where it could go one way or another. To date I’ve enjoyed reading these short young adult tales so I hope that the series continues to maintain the standard we’ve seen so far.

This outing continued to take the Spook et al away from the County and this time to Ireland which lead to a new kind of trouble. Add to that the overall trouble with the fiend there is plenty going on in this outing but some of it fell flat whereas
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
The Last Apprentice Series Book #8 - 4.5 stars ...

Rage of the Fallen is the 8th book in The Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney. Tom, the Spook's apprentice, has made a lot of enemies in his three years fighting the dark. One of his enemies, Morrigan -the goddess of witches has told him not to ever set foot in her homeland of Ireland but the war is still raging in their own country so Tom, the Spook & Alice must flee there anyways. His other very powerful enemy, the Fiend, is also still
Duffy Pratt
Mar 25, 2013 Duffy Pratt rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, childrens, horror
Given what happens in the major story here, this book should have been fantastic, and yet for me it fell a bit flat. On the good side, the stuff with Alice was really great, and she continues to develop into a very interesting character. And the overarching plot in the series advances quite well.

But its that advance that I think also causes the big problem for the book. Basically, for the overall story arch, the attempt to bind the Fiend is a really big deal. But, as a part of this book, it is a
Karissa
May 02, 2011 Karissa rated it it was amazing
This is the 8th book in The Last Apprentice series and it was even more fantastic than the previous books. Another spin-off of this series called I am Grimalkin (UK release) is supposed to be released later this year which I am looking forward and Delaney is working on book 9 of this series as well. So, no idea how many more books in this series...but honestly I hope it goes on forever!

The Spook, Tom, and Alice have fled to Ireland. They hope to meet up with Grimalkin and take care of the Fiend
Jonathan
Another fine addition to the series. I'm not going to say much as anyone who hasn't read the book yet will encounter spoilers. However I will say that this is all leading up to a very thrilling conclusion and if it does not end with a bang I will be disappointed. What will happen with Tom, Alice, the Fiend, the Spook, Grimalkin and will any character be swayed over to the dark? These questions need to be answered and some more incredible action scenes need to feature in the last two books.

Anyone
miaaa
Actually already finished this book for a while but only recently updated the progress. WARNING! The Seventh Son movie WAS ONLY inspired by this series, the plot is freaking awful that has nothing to do with the awesomeness of the books. Forget the movie, READ the series!
Simona Stoica
Jun 23, 2015 Simona Stoica rated it it was amazing
Imi place cum se dezvolta povestea, cum evolueaza personajele si cum sunt mereu la limita dintre Bine si Rau, Lumina si Intuneric. Alice si Tom au luat multe decizii controversate, sunt legati prin magie, il mint pe Mos Gregory (da, am ajuns si eu sa ii spun asa), insa gasesc o poarta de scapare, chiar daca exista un pret de platit. De data, e diferit.
Si Grimalkin e perfecta. Fara comentarii.
Pauline
Jun 04, 2011 Pauline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Brilliant story...but...think it's time to wrap it all up. The next one needs to be the last in the series.
Leninha
Sep 19, 2015 Leninha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sabe, sou um eterno otimista. Nunca desisto! Essa é a verdadeira qualidade que destaca um herói. Nunca desistir, mesmo quando não há esperança!
Barb Middleton
Feb 13, 2012 Barb Middleton rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, horror
In book 8 of the Last Apprentice series, Rage of the Fallen, by Joseph Delaney, Tom has landed in Ireland with the Spook and Alice where they intend to bind the Fiend who is the devil. Alice and Tom are bound together by a blood jar that protects them from the Fiend who wants to take their souls to Hell and torment them for eternity (that story is in book 4). When the blood jar cracks, their mission becomes more desperate as the Fiend is able to partially materialize before them. Ireland is a la ...more
Catherine Loiseau
Dec 11, 2014 Catherine Loiseau rated it really liked it
On retrouve nos jeunes héros, toujours exilé du Comté à cause de la guerre et qui espèrent trouver refuge en Irlande. Bien évidemment, les choses ne vont pas être aussi simples que prévu.
Comme les précédents, j’ai bien aimé ce tome (je vais finir par me répéter). L’action s’enchaîne bien, avec pas mal de péripéties, rebondissements… On aborde un nouvel aspect de l’univers, avec les légendes celtes et les dieux. J’ai bien aimé le passage avec la Morrigan et Cuchulain.

La violence est assez présent
Stephanie
Dec 06, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Getting near the end in this series...

Tom, Alice and the Spook have been forced to seek exile in Ireland due to the hostile takeover of their beloved County. Tom is very nervous because he was warned against going to Ireland by the Celtic witch that he and Bill Arkwright slew in "The Wrath of the Bloodeye". Upon arriving at the shores of the Emerald Isle, Tom and his party are hit with a ferocious storm and their ship is nearly capsized before the storm blow out. But Tom notices that this storm
Cristina
Jun 05, 2011 Cristina rated it it was amazing
Mr. Delaney has an amazingly unique style of prose that really helps him depict the horror scenes in this book. My heart pounded with nervous excitement everytime I flipped a page, and suspense kept me reading for three hours straight to finish this book. I'm astounded at how the author manages to put his characters in the worst possible situation, then fix them out. I love how after that happens, he adds a twist that prevents the story from becoming a sappily-ever-after one, and puts the charac ...more
Lisa Burgess
Sep 07, 2015 Lisa Burgess rated it really liked it
Da ich die Spook's Apprentice Bücher nur bei Nacht bzw. Dunkelheit lese, bin ich oft sehr müde dabei, was bei diesem Teil sehr extrem war. Ich hab zeitweise einiges nur verschwommen mitgekriegt, was mein Review etwas trüben könnte. Gleichzeitig habe ich das Gefühl, dass in dem Buch so viel passiert ist! Viele Gegner, neu und alt, und auch alte Verbündete und ein wirklich krasses Ende. Die letzten paar Kapitel haben das Buch von 3,5 Sterne auf 4 angehoben.
Jetzt ist es 5 Uhr morgens und vielleich
Cara
Apr 10, 2015 Cara rated it really liked it
Tom, Alice, and the Spook have really been through a lot together. This installment of the series is no different. They have fled the County and are in Ireland where even more Dark people and creatures are waiting. There was a lot of action in this book. The series is also getting darker as it goes. I'm not complaining; it totally works and I can't wait to see where it's going!
Jewels
Jul 02, 2016 Jewels rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-owned
I am completely taken with this series. It's a little bit dark for the Harry Potter crowd (well, except for the last two books in the Potter series). I'm delighted that Mr. Delaney uses mythology and folktales throughout the series so that a new generation is acquainted with them.
Ashley
Jan 04, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I didn't want to finish it because then it would be over until who knows when book #9 comes out. But... It was SIMPLY BRILL! Like expected! :-)
Glamdring
Oct 10, 2012 Glamdring rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, fantasy
This book was a real page-turner. I think it was my favorite. This is the eighth book in the series and Joseph Delaney still manage to hold us spellbound.
P.
May 05, 2011 P. rated it really liked it
Everything that I've come to expect from this enjoyable, really scary series, including unexpected choices. Joseph Delaney really is putting things at stake in this world and for the characters.
Monica
Jul 12, 2011 Monica rated it liked it
"Don't read it after dark....."
Love Alice - think she and Hermione from Harry Potter deserve their own stories written.
Kim
Jun 13, 2011 Kim rated it liked it
This is the first book of the series I didn't just love. It was o.k.
Jenny Indarto
Tidak sebagus buku keenam...

Jadi kangen Mam
Thia
Christie
Nov 01, 2016 Christie rated it liked it
Maybe I'm getting too old for this series. While there are some major plot twists, this story seemed somehow again to be lacking. Perhaps my expectations were too high. I was definitely looking forward to Grimalkin working with the Spook and the sparks that would inevitably fly, but there weren't really any sparks. There were some mildly creepy moments, though. If you don't like bad things happening to goats this is not a book for you. I love goats, grew up in a family that raises them, and I fo ...more
Chappy
Jan 23, 2017 Chappy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
So looks like we have new weapons, allies and a few victories over the dark and various enemies, it's about time things looked up for Tom but I'm sure it's only a minor respite.
Considering how bad things have gotten in the past for our poor young apprentice, I'm sure there will always be new threats and evils to fight but Tom and his band of misfits will be up for the challenge.
No spoilers as usual but if you want to finally look up after finishing another last apprentice novel and finally be
Chandler Corpus
Nov 06, 2016 Chandler Corpus rated it really liked it
SPOILERS
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

Thomas Ward, the protagonist, continues his apprenticeship as a Spook, someone who fights the dark, and he has faced many deadly things in his life. In The Last Apprentice
Nickrijns
Nov 08, 2016 Nickrijns rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Joseph Delaney shows that he isn't just a "scary story teller" for children. His stories are quite dark and conatins gore and really scray stuff. Certainly not for young children.

(Allright, to be honest, I read the first Book of this series when I was nine or ten haha. So I gues that doesn't mean for everyone what I just said XD.)

Also Toms new weapon is AWSOME!

8,3/10
Andrew
Nov 30, 2016 Andrew rated it really liked it
This series continues to evolve and entertain. I'm determined to get my students to read this sooner or later!
Coy Sarsfield
Jan 23, 2017 Coy Sarsfield rated it really liked it
This book could be the best one of the series yet. Because it changes all that is happening, basically the tables turn. 100% recommend this book but first read all the books before
  • Phantom of Blood Alley (Barnaby Grimes, # 4)
  • The Fire King (The Invisible Order, #2)
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • The Crowfield Curse (Crowfield Abbey, #1)
  • Winter of Magic's Return
  • Ravenwood (Ravenwood #1)
  • Guardian of the Green Hill (Under the Green Hill)
  • The Silver Door (Moon & Sun, #2)
  • The Eyeball Collector (Tales From The Sinister City, #3)
  • The Un-Magician (OutCast, #1)
  • Vampyrtroldene (Krøniker fra Kvæhl #2)
  • The Dragon's Apprentice (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #5)
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Ironhand (Stoneheart Trilogy, #2)
  • Merlin and the Dragons
  • The Secret Kingdom (Chronicles of the Red King, #1)
Joseph Delaney is a full time writer living in Lancashire, in the heart of Boggart territory. He first got the idea for the Wardstone Chronicles series when he moved to the village where he lives now and discovered there was a local boggart - ‘a man like me needs boggarts around’. He made a note in his notebook ‘a story about a man who hunts boggarts’ and years later when he had to come up with an ...more
More about Joseph Delaney...

The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #1)
  • Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #2)
  • Night of the Soul Stealer (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #3)
  • Attack of the Fiend (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #4)
  • The Spook's Mistake (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #5)
  • The Spook's Sacrifice (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #6)
  • Rise of the Huntress (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #7)
  • The Ghost Prison
  • I Am Grimalkin (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #9)
  • The Spook's Blood (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #10)