Start by marking “Anyone but Him” as Want to Read:
Anyone but Him

Anyone but Him

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  418 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Andie and her sister Jin have never seen eye to eye. Andie doesn't envy Jin her marriage to a wealthy businessman, while Jin can't believe Andie's happy with her man-free existence (if only she knew!). But when their widowed mother Cora comes back from a Caribbean cruise with more than just a suntan, Andie and Jin are united in horror. Who is this gorgeous young man who's ...more
Published March 28th 2005 by Headline Review (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Anyone but Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anyone but Him

Yuana Ates
In the beginning, I love this book. I was looking forward to read another chapter. The story about Jin, Andie and Cora is very interesting, and the writer's words was very easy to digest.
Unfortunately... she closed this story with 'strange ending'...
Jin was love Kevin to death... but why suddenly she changed her mind?
Jin was only think about baby for weeks, why did she become so obsessed about it??? Sheila should have written more about this conflict!
Why was Cora so calm about the fact that Jac
Kat
If I had to spend any time with these characters for real, I probably would kill myself. Cora and Jack are the only two who seem even remotely okay. The other four are nutcases. One is shallow and bonkers, one has ideals most likely comparable to a neanderthal, one is a selfish dog and one is completely fine with being stepped on all the time. No, don't waste any time reading this book.
Ilze
I'm sorry, but sex honestly is not the be-all and end-all of a relationship! There I'm as conservative as to quote Leonard Woolf and agree with him: "Man survives earthquakes, epidemics, the horrors of disease, and all the agonies of the soul, but for all time his most tormenting tragedy, has been, is, and always will be - the tragedy of the bedroom" (Glendinning 2006: 473).
Carol
While trying to finish Stephen King's "The Talisman" - a very long haul - I decided to read something lighter but enjoyable. O'Flanahan is a funny Irish writer who spins an amusing tale about two sisters who don't understand each other but gradually, through fairly unusual circumstances, come together. This is a book about secrets, and almost everyone has a secret that is revealed at the end. It's also a book about living your own life and not being dominated by another person. The main male rol ...more
Tesneem
It was an easy, typical chick-lit read. No undue surprises, twists or turns. Great beach reading.
Angela Joyce
It made the time pass on the plane, anyway.
Darlyn
I never read anything from Sheila O'Flanagan before. I was reluctant to read the book and one of the reason is that it has 600 pages. I thought I will never finish it but I'm surprised that I managed to finish it.

Well, I was not determine to read it when I started reading it but after two pages, I thought, OK, this sounds interesting. The story was packed with family member's conflict where 2 girls being electrified by their mother's new hot hunk after spending holiday on a cruise.

The story is s
Darlyn

The story is s
Rebecca
Oh god, this book was so typical. Two sisters and their widowed mother. The two sisters of course, are so different but when their mother returns from a cruise vacation with a much younger man, they band together to get to the real reason he is with her. Because no one so young and so good looking could possibly be interested in an old lady.

One of the sisters was that rich and beautiful type who thinks she knows it all. like 2/3 through the book though she breaks down and realizes she wants a ch
Helen
Good, light read for my holiday in Rarotonga. Nothing too shockingly unbelievable. The piano pieces would be even more relevant and interesting for someone who is familiar with piano music.
Lisa
a good read but can become a bit repetitive towards the end.
Danielle
This was the first book I've read by Sheila O'Flanagan, and apparently I genuinely enjoyed it, since I read it in a single day... granted that it was a day off, and I was lying in bed relaxing with my cuddly dogs the whole time, but I obviously got into the story. The title at first seems to be a clear reference to the mum's boyfriend. but the significance shifts as the story unfolds (don't worry, no spoilers here!).
June Ahern
Too long for where it was going. A widow and two adult daughters who are very different in values of life and love althoght both in relationships with some major problems. Mom brings home to Ireland a hunk 20 something years her junior. The girls Andy and Jin are beside themselves. Is he a gigolo? Jin is shallow and Andy pitiful with only their mother Corinne worthy to hear any sense. To long. Did I say that?
Kelly (kel3006)
It has taken absolutely ages to read this book. Fancied a bit of light chic lit reading after a few detective/murder books but found it to be quite repetitive. I ended up enjoying the last 1/3 of the book as that is when the story got going and I read this over a few days. I think that it should have really been over about 300 pages rather than 600+. In the end I did enjoy the book
Elaine
Another great read from Sheila O'Flanagan, a lot of twists and a interesting story, kept me guessing right until the end, another book of her's I couldnt put down.
Pamela Mc cully
just finished this found it difficult to put down but ending a bit disappointing could have at least had the future epilogue to clear things up
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Once again a book I choose because of its cover. In the end, I still ahd no idea about what was in the book... Well, almost.
Amanda Hewton
Another great read by Sheila O'Flanagan, easy to read and a meaningful story. Some laugh out loud moments!
Lorraine
I read 56 pages of this and gave up, really couldnt get into it...
Mariaan
totally unrealistic not even chicklit material, was bored stiff
Niti Kalra
this was a bday gift to me from my ex boss :)
Vanessa
Very light entertainment. Enjoyable
Alison
Really enjoyed this book!
Sarnai
  • Busy Woman Seeks Wife
  • The Silent Tide
  • Wish Upon A Star
  • Further Under the Duvet
As you can see, a Dubliner all my life. My parents owned a grocery shop in the Iveagh Markets, in the Liberties area of the city and I guess city blood runs through my veins.

As a child I enjoyed reading and telling stories and everyone thought that I end up in a job which had something to do with books and literature. But though I applied for a job in the library all of the job offers I got were i
More about Sheila O'Flanagan...
Bad Behaviour Isobel's Wedding Too Good to Be True My Favourite Goodbye Yours, Faithfully