Start by marking “The Circus of Adventure (Adventure, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Circus of Adventure (Adventure, #7)

The Circus of Adventure (Adventure #7)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,277 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Why on earth did Bill have to bring the wimpish Gustavus with them on holiday? Neither Jack nor Kiki the parrot like the boy at all. But when Gustavus is kidnapped, along with Philip, Dinah and Lucy-Ann, Jack must bravely follow them to a faraway country and unravel a plot to kill the king.
Published April 2010 by Macmillan Children's Books (first published 1952)

To ask other readers questions about The Circus of Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Circus of Adventure

Tom Seward
Enid Blyton is an amazing childrens author, bestselling in the world. Although almost undiscovered by Americans.

This series (The Adventure Series is 8 books long) Features 4 friends who fall into adventures with counterfeiters, gunrunners, treasure hunters and the like. Jack, Philip, Diana, and Lucy-Anne and their crazy talking parrot, KIKI, are a lot of fun to follow through their adventures... This series is top notch reading... introduce your children to Enid Blyton today!
Jeandana
As always with Enid Blyton's books, this was a great story! I love the characters, especially Phillip and his ability to tame all creatures. The story was great, not every really lulling at all, but keeping the pace fast and interesting. I find it kinda funny though that they call people donkeys and the other name for such creatures interchangably!
all in all this was a really great book, fun and fast while still taking time to describe their awesome meals and snacks! Here's to Enid Blyton!
Jake Collins
In terms of the adventure, the setting and the atmosphere, this book is back up to the extremely high standard of the first three entries in the series. It takes quite a long time to get to the point (the titular circus appears about halfway through the story) but this is perfectly justified as there is quite a lot of setting up and explaining to do before the exciting pay-off can be reached.

Fans of Jack will enjoy this one as it really is his story; he gets himself dumped in a foreign country a
Karthik
This is one of my favorite Enid Blyton books. One of the reasons I like this book a lot is becausewe finally have a story that moves out of Britain, Scotland and Wales. For a person who has read a lot of Enid Blyton, the typical English country side setting was getting quite monotonous for me. Valley of Adventure was also set out of United Kingsom. But that was a deserted valley with no people. Here on the other hand we have the whole new country of Tauri Hessia with its own language and culture ...more
Kirsti
Well, here is my first review for a book I read on kindle, and not a physical book! Yes, I gave in and bought a kindle. I'd been researching them as a possible gift for my mother-in-law, and finally curiosity got the better of me and I went out and bought one. So far, I'm loving everything about them, but I suppose I'd better review this book first.

Let me say the clearness of the kindle enhanced this book for me, and the touch screen was so seamless I ate up the pages with ease. I loved how this
Smith Joy
I teethed on the Adventure series by Enid Blyton. This is probably not the best, as I recall, but it's still good. The kids were intelligent and had lots of adventures.
Tory
Who doesn't want to rescue a prince and thwart an attempted coupe? Super fun; I hope our library has more of this series.
Booklovinglady
First book of the series that I read and owned; the book was given to me for my birthday by a classmate. Until then I had not even heard of this series but I loved the story and the characters so much that I completed the series as soon as I possibly could. The other Adventure books were either given to me as a present on various occassions or bought with my limited pocket money :-)
Kate Wood
Despite not being an avid Enid Blyton fan my Auntie gave me this series of books and I loved them and re-read them often. Less annoying than the 5 and 7 and just as predictable but strangely comforting :)
Sashi
Another of my favorite books. After this I forlornly thought for several years that nomadic life was the best!
Huda
I was stuck at the airport for hours so I bought this book (;

I don't think that I would buy the whole series
Chee Sue
It`s thrilling!I love it.NICE BOOK.GO GO ENID BLYTON BOOKS.
Beth
There's just something about Enid Blyton and circuses.
Anirudhsuseel
I have liked all these books a lot...
Simone
this one was good
Innes
Innes added it
Dec 06, 2014
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • Sophie's World (Sophie #1)
  • The Basilisk’s Lair (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #2)
  • The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #1)
  • The Dragon in the Driveway (Dragon Keepers, #2)
  • The Curse of Deadman's Forest (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #2)
  • Winter Door (The Gateway Trilogy, #2)
  • The Sea Fairies
  • Shadows in the Twilight
  • Best Detective Stories of Agatha Christie
  • City of Time (The Navigator Trilogy, #2)
  • Winter Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #9)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • Fiendish Deeds (Joy of Spooking, #1)
  • A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home
  • Dizzy
  • Return to Sender
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw ...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)