Long May You Run: all. things. running.

Long May You Run: all. things. running.

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  17 reviews
You are a runner. You know how hard it is to make time to run. So you go out at 5:30 a.m. . . . in the rain. You remember every strain, sprain, ache, and pain you’ve ever felt. You ran through it then. You’ll run through it now. You have great runs. You have not-so-great runs. You run fast. You run slow. You race for a personal best. You race just for f...more
Published October 19th 2010 by Touchstone (first published October 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Long May You Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long May You Run

Very basic - perfect for a beginning runner, though there are tips for everyone given that it's a quick read. I liked that each section was only one page - made it easy to stop and start. Would be a great gift for someone just getting into running.
Linda Atkinson
As a new runner, I found this book both informative and inspirational and it was a very quick read.
Beth
I actually have this in hard copy.

Interesting quick read and I think will be a good reference. Of course, I am now thirsting for more similar books.

Gives me something to think about on how to improve my training program. I was disappointed Cooper didn't discuss yoga and running and the benefits of Yoga as a meditative tools as well as enhancing core strength. Never-the-less a book I will be sure to spend an afternoon with on many occasions.
Brian Walker
Lots of fun facts and suggestions. I think I'll skip the running in the buff, though. A fun topic: You know you're a runner when...you give up running for Lent...you can easily convert kilometers to miles and vise versa...you use "easy run" and "five miles" in the same sentence...you're envious when you see runners on the road and you're driving a car. Enough spoilers. Good read.
Alice O'herin
This is not the kind of book that you curl up with like a novel; it's a mish-mash of running quotes, races to try, trivia, and advice. It's not particularly deep or comprehensive, but accomplishes what it sets out to do as a compilation of interesting running-related nuggets of wisdom.

I found it inspiring, informative, and interesting.
Leonard
This is a very informative book with concise and pointed information and advice about runnning. In addition to valuable points about actua running, it includes lists of books, movies, shoe information, nutrition, interesting trivia, and personailites all about running.
This book is broken up into several small chapters that focus on nutrition, recommended races to try, great running music and movies, different training strategies, famous runners, etc. The short chapters make it read like a magazine. Fun read full of inspiring quotes.
Doug
Essentially a pretty lightweight, quick read that was, nonetheless, full of great ideas on places and races to run, books to run, movies to see, etc. Not a hallmark of running literature, but still a lot of fun and tons of great information.
Erin
Suggestions on different things you could do with running such as the different types of races, places to race and other opportunities. It was informative and somewhat interesting.
Missy Porsch
Sep 24, 2011 Missy Porsch rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Missy by: Brooke Porsch
Quick read full of lots of inspiration and information! Useful info for myself and my cross country team. Great reference with lots of sources to find more info.
Elayne
Very informative book. Full of great idea's, tips, storie's and encouragment. Best suited for anyone new to the sport, however a fun read for all.
Mary
It was a collection of one- to two-page essays on the topic. I pulled a few ideas and only skipped a 3 or 4 essays.
Dana
This felt more like a long running magazine article than a book ... I wanted to like it more than I did.
Mark Yoshida
Had some helpful advice and interesting tidbits, but not really a lot of training info.
Danielle
Good motivational tool.
Dani Murray
Dani Murray marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Dana
Dana added it
Jun 29, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Totochelamouche
Totochelamouche marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Premkumar S
Premkumar S marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A runner, wine lover, and author of MY BEST RACE and LONG MAY YOU RUN who enjoys continually rearranging the 26 letters of the alphabet
More about Chris Cooper...
My Best Race