Start by marking “Zack Files 07: Never Trust a Cat Who Wears Earrings: Never Trust a Cat Who Wears Earrings” as Want to Read:

Zack Files 07: Never Trust a Cat Who Wears Earrings: Never Trust a Cat Who Wears Earrings (Zack Files #7)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  5 reviews
One minute, it was an Egyptian cat stature. The next, it was real, live cat with sharp claws. And I have the scratch to prove it! This was one trip to the museum I would never forget.
Published March 17th 1997 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Zack Files 07, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zack Files 07

Tamra
Aug 19, 2009 Tamra rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 2nd graders
There are complaints that this book isn't well-written. Umm, the narrator is a 10-year-old. So you'd expect that.

But he isn't a very interesting 10-year-old. Er, the things that happen to him are interesting, I guess, if you're a 2nd grader reading about it. He just isn't a very interesting narrator. Not enough personality.

Having said all that, I would read the next book in the series. The stories are kinda fun, if completely unrealistic and pointless.
Kathleen
I love The Zack Files, and my students do, too. These are great quick reads for boys and girls who need high-interest material that's more accessible for struggling readers. I'm reading these with 3rd and 4th graders that are reading .5-2 levels below grade level, and my husband read them with a 3rd grade boy several years ago, and all the kids were completely psyched every time they get a new volume. Highly recommend them.
Jj
I have read better books by this author. I love the series, but I felt that this book cold have been alittle better then what it was. But as always Zack is mysterious, interesting, and very entertaining. Like I have said before and I will say it again. This is a great series of books for anybody of any age.
Jim
written in the 90s has several references (including the climax) to the trade center. not well edited either. a sample sentence, "Dad found Maurice's phone number in Palm Beach." and what it was doing in palm beach i'll never know.
but if i were a second or third grader i'd probably enjoy it.
Mahin
LOL I USED TO LOVE THIS ONE. I finished the whole zack files shit in 3rd grade xD
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Christina Bontrager
Christina Bontrager marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Miguel Baltazar
Miguel Baltazar marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Harrypotter22
Harrypotter22 marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jenny Gutierrez
Jenny Gutierrez marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Ahmed
Ahmed marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Mounir Abdelkader
Mounir Abdelkader marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Chea-yeon
Chea-yeon marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie added it
Apr 16, 2014
Ashen
Ashen marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
DAN GREENBURG BIO

BOOKS:
Dan's 73 books have been published in 24 countries.
His adult best-sellers include EXES, LOVE KILLS, HOW TO BE A JEWISH MOTHER, HOW TO MAKE YOURSELF MISERABLE, and HOW TO AVOID LOVE AND MARRIAGE. How to be a Jewish Mother sold several million copies. It and How to Make Yourself Miserable were in print for 30 years and were on Publishers Weekly’s list of all-time bestselle
More about Dan Greenburg...

Zack Files (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • Through the Medicine Cabinet (The Zack Files #2)
  • A Ghost Named Wanda (The Zack Files #3)
  • Zap! I'm A Mind Reader
  • Dr. Jekyll, Orthodontist (Zack Files #5)
  • I'm out of My Body...Please Leave a Message (The Zack Files #6)
  • My Son, the Time Traveler (The Zack Files #8)
  • The Volcano Goddess Will See You Now (The Zack Files #9)
  • Bozo The Clone
  • How to Speak Dolphin in Three Easy Lessons (The Zack Files #11)
The Onts (Secrets of Dripping Fang, #1) Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1) Treachery and Betrayal at Jolly Days (Secrets of Dripping Fang, #2) Through the Medicine Cabinet (The Zack Files #2) The Vampire's Curse (Secrets of Dripping Fang: Book Three)