Start by marking “Hurricane Bay” as Want to Read:
Hurricane Bay

Hurricane Bay

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,587 ratings  ·  42 reviews
When private investigator Dane Whitelaw discovers he is being set up to take the fall for the murder of his former lover, Sheila, he teams up with Sheila's best friend, Kelsey Cunningham, to discover the truth.
Published 2002 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Hurricane Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurricane Bay

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningMoon Called by Patricia BriggsDark Lover by J.R. WardMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Gotta Have PNR's/UF's That Don't Suck!
317th out of 321 books — 620 voters
Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanA Night to Remember by Walter LordThe Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. LewisTreasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Ships on the Cover
123rd out of 241 books — 97 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly Moran
pleasure read, not for official review.
Heather Graham always fascinates me. She combines suspense, (sometimes paranormal) and romance in a genuinely unique way. Her humor comes through and livens things. If you're a fan, this one won't let you down. This was an older one of hers.
Gina
Not part of a series. And it was pretty good!

It started off a little slow, but picked up really quick and didn't let up until the end. I was completely surprised who the killer was. I'd had someone completely different in mind.

I thought Kelsey was a good character. Independent, tenacious, she wanted to find Shelby no matter what. Her frustration with Dane made me laugh, even if it shouldn't have. I still have not met a man, other than my hubby, dad and a male friend, who's been completely honest
Kimberly
Do not let this be the 1st book you read by Graham. While it's ok it's not 1 of her best.
Dane/Kelsey/others grew up together. One of the others goes missing. Kelsey wants to find her. Dane received a picture of her dead body with all the clues pointing to him so he wants to find who did it before her body is found. This book was a little to separated to me. Every one is keeping secrets but no one seems to connect. Even Dane/Kelsey relationship feels forced. The book is written simplistic (ex:on
Joanie
Nancy
Dec 03, 2014 Nancy added it
Lyn
So poorly written and cliched that it's out of mercy I've given it two stars instead of one. At the 24 percent mark I skipped to the last ten pages just to end my suffering and find out who did it. I already have one other Heather Graham novel checked out from the library. Hopefully, this one will redeem her in my eyes.
Wanda
Dane Whitelaw returns to his childhood home in Key Largo to recuperate from a traumatic and emotional loss. At the same time a high school sweetheart, Shelia has failed to be seen for over a week. Is she the next victim of a serial strangler in the area, or as many believe is responsible because he was the last to be seen with her. Add to the mix several other childhood friend especially Kelsey Cunningham for whom he still holds a torch and the excitement begins. The real killer has send a pictu ...more
Joanne
Another quick read/damsel in distress novel, although this novel had a few interesting characters. Did soap star Kelly Trent have an accident on set, or did someone try to kill her? It took about a second to figure out it was deliberate and 5 more minutes to know who did it. And she spends more time describing dwellings than anything else. If you like quick, light reads, you will enjoy this.
Linda
I really enjoyed this book, not as intense as I would have liked, but well written. The author kept the story going by making the characters interesting. The characters were easy to relate to, although I found Kelsey to be a bit too naive. I had a killer picked out and was pleasantly surprised when I had the wrong one. I would recommend this book and look forward to reading more from this author.
Stephany
As another native South Floridian, I loved this book! Heather captures the Florida Keys scene perfectly. The plot thickens and the suspense grows in intensity. I actually read this book during a boat trip in the keys and almost freaked myself out one night! I am a fan of Heather Graham's work and this one has stood out among the rest...
Ashley
This was one of the lesser Graham books. I am not sure why it just didn't sit well with me but it was so forgettable that I had forgot to add it to my list of read books. The story line was not holding my attention nor were the characters interesting.
Brianna
it was an okay book, beside the fact that Kelsey on my nerves through out the entire book. She was sooo prim and proper, passing judgement on everyone...that just got on my nerves. but other than that, it was a pretty good book.
Morganmckella4
I loved this book. IT was so intense and I couldn't put it down. I never knew what was going to happen next. I kept trying to guess, but there was always a twist. If you like good mysteries read this book.
Brittany
This book was great. This author is coming to my hometown soon, I can't wait. I knew what was going to happen though. Sometimes that means the book is poorly written, but this was still held my attention.
Another great book by Heather Graham! Although I guessed who the killer was early on it was still a great read. Also enjoyed the twist at the end. It had me second guessing myself for a minute there.
Michele
Too many things that didn't seem to connect at the end. This is my 2nd book by Graham and I think I'm done. Characters are not well developed and the story is just too meandering.
Donna
My first book by this author. Very good mystery with lots of plot twists, good characters and great descriptions of the Florida Keys. Definitely want to read more of her books!
This suspense novel will keep your attention and keep you guessing until the very last minute. If you are looking for a great book and easy read... This is the book!
Susan
Murder mystery takes place in Key Largo...revolves around group of 20 somethings...long-time friends...wind up back on Key Largo where they grew up...secrets revealed.
Laurie
Feb 11, 2013 Laurie added it
As I said in my update I just couldn't get into the book after 3 chapters. Will give her a shot again sometime. It might of been this book, or just me.
Nigeltheboyrobot sario

..This book is a hypnotic one..
..mystery and suspense covers it..
..you'll just not stop reading it..
..pages by pages until it reveals the verdict..
Ann
Enjoyed reading this one. Several twists at the end were well played. I'll definitely read more of her novels.
Liz
A perfect example of a good Heather Graham book. A good recommendation for anyone reading her for the first time.

Jo
A so-so thriller that's more of a romance with a bit of crime thrown in. Enjoyable enough but not that great
Glenn Harris
Not one of Graham's best. Too much rambling speculation and introspection from the main characters.
Tanya
What an awesome book! If you've ever read any of Graham's other books, you will love this one!
Maggie
I enjoyed the Florida keys setting and the reunion-from-hell theme of this thriller.
Erin
Pretty good. Slight surprise at the ending. Will read more Heather Graham
Shockwave
This was a interest book, not her best book, but still a very decent book.
Susan
Could not finish reading this book... which is very unusual for me.
  • Killer Takes All
  • The Rapids (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #3)
  • Strangers in the Night
  • Scent of Danger
  • Deep Freeze (Northwest, #1)
  • Haunting Rachel
  • Deep Midnight (Vampire #3)
  • Beachcomber
  • Dark Water
  • Born To Be Wild
  • Forgotten
  • So Close the Hand of Death (Taylor Jackson, #6 )
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...
Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2) Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1) Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)