Start by marking “Hurricane Bay” as Want to Read:
Hurricane Bay

Hurricane Bay

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,854 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
When private investigator Dane Whitelaw discovers he is being set up to take the fall for the murder of his former lover, Sheila, he teams up with Sheila's best friend, Kelsey Cunningham, to discover the truth.
Published 2002 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about Hurricane Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurricane Bay

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningMoon Called by Patricia BriggsDark Lover by J.R. WardMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Gotta Have PNR's/UF's That Don't Suck!
489th out of 505 books — 818 voters
Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutCaptain Rum by John PerrierRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. LewisA Night to Remember by Walter Lord
Ships on the Cover
135th out of 259 books — 121 voters

More lists with this book...

Joanie
Jan 28, 2010 Joanie rated it it was ok
Kelly Moran
Apr 30, 2009 Kelly Moran rated it it was amazing
pleasure read, not for official review.
Heather Graham always fascinates me. She combines suspense, (sometimes paranormal) and romance in a genuinely unique way. Her humor comes through and livens things. If you're a fan, this one won't let you down. This was an older one of hers.
Christelle
C'est le premier Heather Graham que j'ai eu l'occasion de lire et j'ai trouvé l'écriture très plaisante. L'intrigue est bien construite, le mystère bien maintenu, le cadre de l'histoire (les plages de Floride) agréable, et l'auteur nous tient suffisamment en haleine pour avoir envie de découvrir qui est le tueur en jouant les détectives amateurs (même si j'avais ma petite idée sur le tueur dès le départ, j'étais bien contente de voir mon idée confirmer à la fin).
Le comportement de l'héroïne, trè
Melanie
May 28, 2016 Melanie rated it really liked it
Kelsey goes back to her home town for a visit with her old friend, Sheila, and discovers her friend is missing. She gets together with the rest of the old gang, but no one seems concerned. Meanwhile there's a killer on the loose, strangling women and dumping them in the water. Was Sheila his next victim? Kelsey starts digging around and discovers Sheila had secrets, including her history with her stepfather. Did he kill her? The last person known to have seen Shelia was one of their group, Dane, ...more
Jan 18, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this romantic suspense set in Key Largo, FL. Although marketing executive Kelsey Cunningham hasn't been back to her hometown in the Keys for several years, she plans her vacation to spend some time with her once close friend, Sheila, who has recently emailed Kelsey indicating that she is scared, of whom, Kelsey is not sure. When Kelsey arrives at Sheila's home as planned, Sheila is nowhere to be found, and apparently has not been seen in the past week by anyone. The last known person t ...more
Gina
Apr 08, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it
Not part of a series. And it was pretty good!

It started off a little slow, but picked up really quick and didn't let up until the end. I was completely surprised who the killer was. I'd had someone completely different in mind.

I thought Kelsey was a good character. Independent, tenacious, she wanted to find Shelby no matter what. Her frustration with Dane made me laugh, even if it shouldn't have. I still have not met a man, other than my hubby, dad and a male friend, who's been completely honest
Kimberly
Do not let this be the 1st book you read by Graham. While it's ok it's not 1 of her best.
Dane/Kelsey/others grew up together. One of the others goes missing. Kelsey wants to find her. Dane received a picture of her dead body with all the clues pointing to him so he wants to find who did it before her body is found. This book was a little to separated to me. Every one is keeping secrets but no one seems to connect. Even Dane/Kelsey relationship feels forced. The book is written simplistic (ex:on
Nancy
Dec 03, 2014 Nancy added it
Lyn
Apr 04, 2014 Lyn rated it it was ok
So poorly written and cliched that it's out of mercy I've given it two stars instead of one. At the 24 percent mark I skipped to the last ten pages just to end my suffering and find out who did it. I already have one other Heather Graham novel checked out from the library. Hopefully, this one will redeem her in my eyes.
Kristi terrazas
Took forever to get interesting

Way to much land and house description, nearly half the book wasted on it, I put this book down so many times, but I wanted to give the author a fair chance, so I read the entire thing. It got better in the end, but still was to predictable.
Wanda
Jul 09, 2016 Wanda rated it liked it
Dane Whitelaw returns to his childhood home in Key Largo to recuperate from a traumatic and emotional loss. At the same time a high school sweetheart, Shelia has failed to be seen for over a week. Is she the next victim of a serial strangler in the area, or as many believe is responsible because he was the last to be seen with her. Add to the mix several other childhood friend especially Kelsey Cunningham for whom he still holds a torch and the excitement begins. The real killer has send a pictu ...more
Christina
Jun 12, 2015 Christina rated it it was ok
I have never before wanted to reach into a book and shake the heroine so bad! It was a good book, but Kelsey needed to grow up a little bit. Yes, she was independent and tenacious, both good character traits, but she lacked common sense and would rush headlong into situations, regardless of the danger.
Penni
Jan 26, 2016 Penni rated it it was ok
This was my first Heather Graham book. It was OK but I figured out who was the bad guy when she first introduced him into the story. She writes very predictable to me.
Patricia
Jul 07, 2015 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2-times
When I haven't read a book for a few years.....5 or more, I can ofen re-read the book and it's like new to me. Hurricane Bay was like that. There were bits and pieces that I remembered, but not enough to ruin the great story for me.

I knew I liked it the first time I read it and I liked it equally as well this time. As I mentioned in previous reviews of books I've read again, I think Heather had more depth in some of her earlier books. You really got to know Dane and Kelsey and wanted their rela
Nickie
Jun 18, 2015 Nickie rated it did not like it
I love Heather Graham/Shannon Drake, but this was a let down. The heroine was Totally unlikable.
Wendy Brandt
The story was fast paced, liked the characters. One of my favorites.
Pammy
Mar 23, 2015 Pammy rated it really liked it
This book I really enjoyed reading. Not in a series but still good.
Theresa Hurley
Jul 28, 2015 Theresa Hurley rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Great story! Loved Kelsey & Dane. Great characters and story!
Mynnie
Jan 27, 2016 Mynnie rated it it was amazing
another great book
Andrew Carter
Feb 02, 2016 Andrew Carter rated it liked it
Enjoyed this book; however, as I look back on it, I did not find much story or things happening....just a group of old friends interacting.
Joanne
Sep 16, 2010 Joanne rated it liked it
Another quick read/damsel in distress novel, although this novel had a few interesting characters. Did soap star Kelly Trent have an accident on set, or did someone try to kill her? It took about a second to figure out it was deliberate and 5 more minutes to know who did it. And she spends more time describing dwellings than anything else. If you like quick, light reads, you will enjoy this.
Linda
Dec 30, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, not as intense as I would have liked, but well written. The author kept the story going by making the characters interesting. The characters were easy to relate to, although I found Kelsey to be a bit too naive. I had a killer picked out and was pleasantly surprised when I had the wrong one. I would recommend this book and look forward to reading more from this author.
Norma Steagall
well it got very dry in parts but it wasn't all bad not her best book but not bad!
Kathy
Feb 29, 2016 Kathy rated it really liked it
I had forgotten that I had read this but it was good to read again.
Stephany
Jun 17, 2011 Stephany rated it it was amazing
As another native South Floridian, I loved this book! Heather captures the Florida Keys scene perfectly. The plot thickens and the suspense grows in intensity. I actually read this book during a boat trip in the keys and almost freaked myself out one night! I am a fan of Heather Graham's work and this one has stood out among the rest...
Ashley
Dec 04, 2014 Ashley rated it liked it
This was one of the lesser Graham books. I am not sure why it just didn't sit well with me but it was so forgettable that I had forgot to add it to my list of read books. The story line was not holding my attention nor were the characters interesting.
Brianna
Nov 07, 2010 Brianna rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
it was an okay book, beside the fact that Kelsey on my nerves through out the entire book. She was sooo prim and proper, passing judgement on everyone...that just got on my nerves. but other than that, it was a pretty good book.
Morganmckella4
Nov 29, 2011 Morganmckella4 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. IT was so intense and I couldn't put it down. I never knew what was going to happen next. I kept trying to guess, but there was always a twist. If you like good mysteries read this book.
Brittany
Jun 26, 2008 Brittany rated it it was amazing
This book was great. This author is coming to my hometown soon, I can't wait. I knew what was going to happen though. Sometimes that means the book is poorly written, but this was still held my attention.
Jun 06, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: heather-graham
Another great book by Heather Graham! Although I guessed who the killer was early on it was still a great read. Also enjoyed the twist at the end. It had me second guessing myself for a minute there.
  • Slow Burn
  • The Awakening (Alliance Vampires #5)
  • Cause for Alarm
  • Stonebrook Cottage (Carriage House, #3)
  • Scent of Danger
  • Haunting Rachel
  • No Escape
  • Strangers in the Night
  • Forgotten
  • Beachcomber
  • Soft Focus
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

“Kelsey was up there, and she was devastated. Holding it together,” 0 likes