Start by marking “The Wild Irish Sea: A Windswept Tale of Love and Magic” as Want to Read:
The Wild Irish Sea: A Windswept Tale of Love and Magic

The Wild Irish Sea: A Windswept Tale of Love and Magic

Drawn to a force he can't resist...
Former police officer Kevin Hennessey is running from his past-choosing to battle smugglers instead of dealing with his personal demons. When a desperate, rain-drenched American woman appears on his doorstep with wild tales of danger, Kevin is drawn to helping her, despite his reservations...She never saw him coming...
Amber O'Neill knew
Published July 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Wild Irish Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wild Irish Sea

American woman Amber O’Neill is drawn to Ireland when she sees an image in her mind of her twin brother, Parker, nearly dying. They have been telepathically connected since childhood, and in this instance, it just may save his life. When she arrives, she meets with local police officer, Kevin Hennessey, to help her find her brother, and they are immediately drawn to one another with an intense passion. Once they find Parker, the trio embark on a huge and dangerous adventure involving smuggl
Kelly Moran
May 25, 2010 Kelly Moran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
Author Loucinda McGary often made up her own endings to books as a child if she didn't like them. In high school she penned stories about her friends, and in college she published over a dozen poems in magazines. After life got in the way of her writing aspirations, she recently chose to leave her management career to pursue her one true love. Other titles include: The Wild Sight and The Treasures of Venice. When not traveling, she resides in California with her family.

Amber O'Neil is awakened
Wendy Hines
Amber O'Neil and Parker O'Neil are twins with a special gift; they can mindspeak.

Parker is in Ireland out on a boat, when he witnesses a murder and in turn, gets shot at. He knows the only way he can save himself is to dive overboard and swim to safety, but as he does so, he takes a shot to his side. As the dark water slides over his head, he shouts in his mind to Amber to help him.... even though she is half way across the world in California.

Amber teaches eight and nine year olds and is divo
From My Blog...[return][return]Love, intrigue, and a mystery make The Wild Irish Sea by Loucinda McGary quite an interesting and faced-paced read. Amber and Parker O’Neill are twins with the remarkable gift of telepathy. When Parker disappears in the waters of Donegal coast, Amber immediately knows something is dreadfully wrong and makes her way to Donegal, Ireland and enlists the help of retired inspector Kevin Hennessey, with a few secrets of his own. When they find Parker’s boat washed ashore ...more
Jul 02, 2010 Marie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
InThe Wild Irish Sea, Amber rushes to Ireland after getting a vision of her twin brother fighting for his life. Once there, she meets Kevin Hennessy, a police inspector, who sweeps her off her feet and helps her find her brother.

Once I realized that this book was going to be more fantasy than reality, I quite enjoyed it. There's plenty of romance, suspense and paranormal activity. The steamy scenes between Amber and Kevin bring lots of heat to the story, while the storyline involving Amber's br
Sia McKye
Jul 02, 2010 Sia McKye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
The Wild Irish Sea: A windswept tale of love and magic
· SourceBooks (Mass Market Paperback)
· Loucinda McGary

Drawn together by a force they can't resist...

The telepathic image of her twin brother fighting for his life sends Amber O'Neill rushing to the rocky shores of Ireland. Desperate to find him, she turns to reclusive local inspector, Kevin Hennessy.

Bound together with a passion as relentless as the tide...

His past full of pain, Kevin has withdrawn from the world. But when the rain-drenched
Jul 06, 2010 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber O’Neil shares a connection with her brother. They can telepathically communicate with each other. When Amber hears Parker’s call for help, she rushes to the shores of Ireland. Amber enlists the help of Kevin Hennessy.

At first Kevin wants nothing to do with Amber and her wild goose chase for her brother. Though, Kevin can’t deny the attraction he feels with Amber and agrees to help. Amber and Kevin just may be in over their heads.

The first time I had read anything by Loucinda McGary was w
Sandye Corcoran
Jan 16, 2013 Sandye Corcoran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review may contain some spoiler hints towards the end:

This book was amazing. I couldn't put it down.

Amber and Parker being twins share a mental connection nobody else around them quite understands...until they end up in Ireland.

Parker sends a mental S.O.S. to his sister Amber who immediately takes off to Ireland to help her brother. After her rental car gets stuck in some mud, she meets Kevin a trouble Irishmen who feels obligated to help the lass who appeared unexpectedly on his doorstep
Jul 02, 2010 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Parker O'Neill runs into trouble in Ireland he calls out to his twin Amber, not thinking anything of it. But Amber receives an image of Parker in dire trouble. Amber rushes off to Ireland and enlists the help of the local policeman, Kevin Hennessy. Ever weary and worried about her brother, her journey has just started. Upon meeting Mr. Hennessy sparks fly for both of them.

Very enjoyable read. Loucinda McGary is a new author for me. But I was definitely pulled into this one because it was se
May 26, 2016 Rita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the book. Ireland is a land of magic and mystery. I do believe that there is telepathy out there but not to the point this book goes to. Nevertheless, it is a really good read for those that love Ireland.
This book just didn't pull me in like McGary's The Wild Sight novel. Don't get me wrong, it was a very enjoyable read, however the action just did not pull me in and neither did it give me a sense of danger. The characters are very likable however, and the romance in the book is more frequent than The Wild Sight.

I recommend this to anyone who loves urban fantasy and wants a quick read with just a tad of romance. However, if you're a fan of books written by J.R Ward and Jeaniene Frost, I would j
Sherri Meier
This book had me drawn in with tons of sexual tension and action throughout. Though I think that it could have been even better if they would of brought in more elements of the seals. Calling the two leads as Prince and Princess of the selkies but not touching on that or expanding on it was kind of disappointing. Maybe should have had a 2nd book. Anyways, I read it quickly and did enjoy it. ...more
May 28, 2012 Regina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original plot involving a heroine and her brother who share telepathic abilities, telepathy with seals, and selkie legend. Added to the mix is a just enough of suspense involving smugglers along the Irish coast to give the storyline some depth. Overall, an involving plot that moves along at a clip pace for easy and enjoyable reading. 3.8 stars.
Apr 23, 2011 Peggie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a disappointing book. I finished it, but I wonder why. The story line had potential, but the author over used the fantasy to the point of being ridiculous. In many places the mind speak seemed to be a convenience to move the story. Younger readers might be satisfied, but I expect more from a book. Sorry.
Aug 11, 2012 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written magical romance set in Ireland. Loucinda McGary is a fine author right up there on the top of my list. I only wish she would write more!
Jun 12, 2010 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a totally awesome read Loucinda McGary has done it again taken me on a wild romantic adventure in Ireland
Aug 26, 2010 Rosa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great blend of a murder mystery, Irish mythology with a little romance thrown in. A great read!
Annette Clair
Jun 29, 2010 Annette Clair rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5. Great story line; well written and set in Ireland. Gotta love it.
May 09, 2012 Lindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good mix of action, passion and a touch of paranormal.
May 11, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice romance, mystery that takes place in Ireland.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Cute story. I liked the seals.
Jun 28, 2010 Tasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Charming, escapist reading.
Cheri rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Amber Esser
Amber Esser marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Mikayla marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Kelley rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Kim added it
Jun 02, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Kaitlin Christopher
Kaitlin Christopher rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Debra rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Blessed with the gift of "Irish Blarney" Loucinda McGary (everyone calls her Cindy) became a storyteller shortly after she learned to read. If she didn't like the way a story ended, she made up her own ending. In high school, between history and algebra homework, Cindy wrote stories featuring herself, her friends, and their favorite movie and rock stars. After college, she published a couple dozen ...more
More about Loucinda McGary...