Start by marking “Bitter Betrayal (Harlequin Presents, No 1369)” as Want to Read:
Bitter Betrayal (Harlequin Presents, No 1369)

Bitter Betrayal (Harlequin Presents, No 1369)

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  6 reviews
It happened all the time

Jenneth told herself she wasn't the only woman in the world to have been let down by the man she loved and expected to marry.

She knew people went on to rebuild their lives and find lasting relationships. So why couldn't she put the past behind her? The fact that she still loved him was totally irrelevant now.

But Luke Rathby wasn't the sort of man wh
Paperback
Published by Harlequin Books (first published December 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bitter Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitter Betrayal

willaful
This romance aggravated me from here to Sunday, but was fun anyway, for some reason. Jenneth has never been able to love again since being cruelly dumped by her fiance, who married another woman. Now his wife is dead and he wants to get Jenneth back. By telling her the bizarre truth about his marriage and asking for forgiveness? Nah, by plotting and scheming to force himself on her against her will. Oh Penny Jordan, why can’t I quit you?

There are so many little annoyances in this. The narration
Mareli
This was my fist Penny Jordan and I didn't like it. I cannot believe that an adult woman can be reduced that way. What a doormat... and him being a very a@@hole!!!!

He accused her to be promiscuous and she didn't say anything! And she did marry him, after all because SHE LOVED HIM!!

grrrrrrr!!!! Not recommended.

I have some expectations for this author but maybe she's not my cup of tea :(
Janet
Someone club me before I willingly enter into a relationship with another book like this. So. Much. Anguish. So much manipulation, by old friends, gossipy neighbours, darling little moppets, concerned twin brothers ... and of course the hero of the tale. Perhaps I just have to be in the mood for an engagement broken because the hero has made another gal pregnant*, a heroine who is still a virgin eight years later because the scumbag hero has left her frozen -- who knows? There are enough lies an ...more
Linda Sims
Complete and utter rubbish, one of the worst books I've had the misfortune to read. It's hard to believe that a woman would write such tripe.
Grace Harwood
It’s 1989 and the year of my first job (something I disliked so much that once whilst complaining about it to a colleague, he gave me the following advice: “You could always take the baby option”.) It was something that really depressed me at the time; but this book embodies those attitudes from that time entirely.

Yes, there’s a distinct lack of feminism here as Jordan’s heroine (Jenneth) allows herself to be coerced, manipulated and bullied into a reunion with a man who broke their engagement (
Tia
The novel was great, right up until the end. At that point I could of happily shot the hero in the head for being such an idiot. Children are not responsible for their parents mistakes and the hero shouldn't have did what he did. It was stupid. It ruined some of the book.
Karen Walker
Karen Walker marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Persis
Persis marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Jewel
Jewel marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Hnou
Hnou marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Joyce David
Joyce David marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Veroh
Veroh marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Laxmi K$
Laxmi K$ marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Lupe Murillo
Lupe Murillo marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Michele Peterson
Michele Peterson marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Usman
Usman marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Wafa
Wafa marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Juniebgood
Juniebgood marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Crystal Haynes
Crystal Haynes marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Ami
Ami marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Myra Martinez
Myra Martinez marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...
The Sheikh's Virgin Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights, #1) The Demetrios Virgin The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529) Marriage: To Claim his Twins (Romance) The Blackmail Baby