Start by marking “Dirty Dishes” as Want to Read:
Dirty Dishes

Dirty Dishes

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Everyone has an opinion about Pino Luongo. To Tony Bourdain, he was the notorious Pino Noir, the shadowy kingpin of a restaurant empire. To Manhattanites, he was either the savior or the scourge of the city's dining scene. To the many fans of his cookbooks, he was the herald of Tuscan cuisine.In "Dirty Dishes, "Luongo emerges to tell his side of the story. And it's quite a ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (first published December 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Dishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Dishes

Erin
Hey, I'm a sucker for books about chefs. This is a fun read about a crazy Italian who came to the US in his 20's, unable to speak a word of English. Eight years later he's got restaurants in NYC and the Hamptons, both perpetually overbooked and overrun with celebs. The decadence of it all, of course, leads to his downfall. But it's also about the food, and the descriptions of his native cuisine leave me seeing, smelling and desiring this fare.
Kate
A chef with a very large ego. A few parts were interesting, but there was so much more I wanted to know.
Mary Davis
Non fiction about a restaurateur in NYC: Motivational and Inspirational
Skigirl
Somewhat entertaining, but I'm sort of sorry I started. He's cocky - evidently he invented EVERYTHING related to Italian restaurants in the US. Way to go, Pino.

I'm having a hard time finishing it.
Lou
Interesting book about my favorite subject -food. Slow starting but an interesting story once you get into the book. Makes you want to go to new york and eat tuscan food.
Margaret Sankey
More research for the Food Class: Are all celebrity chefs blowhard jerks, or just the ones who fell compelled to write memoirs?
Althea
Despite his enormous ego, Pino Luongo is able to give a good account about running a restaurant and being successful in New York.
Eileen
May 26, 2009 Eileen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Althea
Very readable, behind the scenes look at a big restaurateur in NYC.
Luz-Maria
some heartfelt stories showing why he loves the industry
Robin
Mar 18, 2009 Robin marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
More food! How can I resist?
Cat
Cat marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Pieter Hugo
Pieter Hugo marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Lino Natoli
Lino Natoli marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Melissa Schneider
Melissa Schneider marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Myquiwa
Myquiwa marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Analee Haro
Analee Haro marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Analee Haro
Analee Haro marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Bobbie G
Bobbie G marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Lscottut
Lscottut marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Felix Chan
Felix Chan marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Lauren Scott
Lauren Scott marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Ann Harste
Ann Harste marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A Tuscan in the Kitchen: Recipes and Tales from My Home Simply Tuscan: Recipes for a Well-Lived Life Two Meatballs in the Italian Kitchen Fish Talking: Recipes from Le Madri, Coco Pazzo, and Sapore Di Mare La Mia Cucina Toscana: A Tuscan Cooks in America