Start by marking “Blush: Politics and Other Unnatural Acts” as Want to Read:
Blush: Politics and Other Unnatural Acts

Blush: Politics and Other Unnatural Acts

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  5 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Includes the award-winning story "Razing Arizona!" Excerpts from Blush "At the Inauguration, a better tone was set when the incoming First Couple met the outgoing First Couple on the steps of the White House. There were hugs all round, and the incoming First Female Significant Other presented a gift to the outgoing First Female Significant Other. This kindness spurred the ...more
Published October 11th 2010 by Createspace (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Blush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blush

Barry Parham
Oct 13, 2010 Barry Parham rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brilliant, I thought. But then, I wrote it. What do I know?
Clare
Oct 28, 2010 Clare rated it liked it
No-holds-barred biting satire. Look out, President Obama, don't hurt yourself when you fall off that pedestal. The author is seriously angry at the state of American politics, and especially the Democrats. (Obviously, he hasn't been served with divorce papers while in a hospital bed.)

"Our government is like that: you can't avoid their visit, they arrive and proceed to putz up your life and lifestyle, and then you can't get them to leave."

My favorite line about useless government oversight:
"We do
Jona Cannon
Nov 10, 2010 Jona Cannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on Goodreads First Reads!

Barry Parham is clearly an intelligent and capable writer. Satire isn't necessarily funny, but Parham had several "laugh out loud" funny chapters in Blush. The chapters that were overtly political were all clever and entertaining. Toward the end of the book there were some chapters that were either over my head, or just plain bizaar to the point that I didn't get it.

I appreciated the unapologetic look at some our nations leaders and their cluelessness (I'
Sёkoya♪♫ Dixon
Dec 13, 2010 Sёkoya♪♫ Dixon rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Well, since I am an inconsiderate slob who is so selfish that I had to buy this book for my brother and keep it for myself that I decided to make this a short review.

It was out of all others the best book I have read, and I wouldn't say I have, since the last book that Barry wrote. Which I believe was "Why I hate Straws...." <- that is the most brilliant name he has ever come up with. Sorry for the busy schedule and the 1 month due review that was asked for 1 1/2 months ago.

Oh and could you g
Rene
Jan 05, 2011 Rene rated it it was amazing
Blush was one of the most humorous books I have ever read. Mr Parham has a way with humor and satire that made me actually laugh out loud. I thought the book was exceptionally well written and is worthy of ten stars even thought I can only give it a five review.

I don't want to give out any of the books excerpts as it would ruin the book for you; but the book is a must read.

I also think this book would make anyone feeling a little blue start to laugh and enjoy life more.

I can't wait to read more
Ak123j
Ak123j marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Michael Beyer
Michael Beyer marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Jeannie Walker
Jeannie Walker marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2010
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2010
Landy
Landy marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Michael Smidutz
Michael Smidutz marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Rochelle
Rochelle marked it as to-read
Dylan
Dylan marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2011
Deann
Deann marked it as to-read
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Janie Luten
Janie Luten marked it as to-read
Maria
Maria added it
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Jennifer Defoy
Jennifer Defoy marked it as to-read
The Rainbow Zebra
The Rainbow Zebra marked it as to-read
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2010
FREE Kindle giveaway! One day only! 1 1 Mar 05, 2012 11:39AM
Barry Parham is the award-winning author of humor columns, essays and short stories. He is a recovering software freelancer and a music fanatic.

Parham is the author of the 2009 sleeper, "Why I Hate Straws," his debut collection of humor and satire including the prize-winning stories, 'Going Green, Seeing Red' & 'Driving Miss Conception.'

In October 2010, Parham published "Sorry, We Can't Use Fu
More about Barry Parham...