Start by marking “The Facility” as Want to Read:
The Facility

The Facility

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Praise for Berlin:

"Mirolla . . . is a teller of tales that only the tautest of prose could relate with cohesion and beauty. This book will thrill the mind."—CrimeSpree

"Intriguing, passionate, sad, hilarious. Mirolla is a master storyteller."—Toronto Sun

"Mirolla's book excels."—Rain Taxi

Mussolini clones that won't stay dead. The power to re-create others—forever. Memory and
Published November 16th 2010 by Leapfrog Press (first published November 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Facility, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Facility

Lori
From publisher

Read 4/18/11 - 4/26/11
4.5 Stars - Highly Recommended
Pgs:262

Leapfrog Press continues to bring it! They are very quickly rising to the top of my indie/small press list of favorites, and it's all based on the consistent, quality literature they have been releasing.

When they created this mission statement - "... to search out, publish, and aggressively market books that tell a strong story. What we promise is writing that expands our webs of connection with other humans and the natural
Mel
This was a difficult book to read. Not because it wasn't well written, or intriguing but because it was so violent. It was a real brain twister to follow the story, the vengeance/revenge of one man against another ad nauseam.

I kept with it, expecting a pay off in the end. At that point I was disappointed. This intense dramatic story had a crap ending. That's all I
have to say.
R
I usually enjoy these "ship in a bottle" type of storylines, but this one was just OK. Hull Zero Three was a better one from recent years. Good writer though. Definitely reaches for, and partially obtains, a more literary feel to his writing than most genre writers. Joyce came to mind - high praise indeed.

The arithmetic mean of my Goodreads reviews to date is 3.02.
Katherine Blair
Katherine Blair marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Liarm
Liarm marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Steven Shroyer
Steven Shroyer marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2012
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2011
Stephanie Griffin
Stephanie Griffin marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2010
Michael Mirolla is a Montreal-Toronto corridor novelist, short story writer, poet and playwright. Publications include two novelsthe recently-released Berlin and The Boarderand two short story collectionsThe Formal Logic of Emotion and Hothouse Loves & Other Tales. A collection of poems, Light And Time, was just recently published. His short story, The Sand Flea, won first prize in the Arkansa ...more
More about Michael Mirolla...
Berlin The Ballad of Martin B The Giulio Metaphysics III The House on 14th Avenue Light and Time