Start by marking “The Owens Valley and the Los Angeles Water Controversy: Owens Valley As I Knew It” as Want to Read:

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  3 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Paperback, Monograph Number 1 of Pacific Center for Western Historical Studies, 76 pages
Published by Community Printing and Publishing (first published 1973)

Be the first to ask a question about The Owens Valley and the Los Angeles Water Controversy

Carolanne
Why Did I Read This Book?
I've had an interest for California History, Geology, Geography, and Biology for quite a while. I was born and raised here in San Diego. I took a Water Resources course, as well as a California Geography course, and both of the classes made reference to William Mulholland and the Los Angeles/Owen's Valley water controversy of the early 1900's.
Last summer we made a road trip from SanDiego to Lake Tahoe to go camping. We drove the historic highway 395, right through Owen'
Kate Picher
Jun 14, 2015 Kate Picher rated it really liked it
A good read, even if he does repeat himself a lot.
Sundry
Sep 25, 2011 Sundry rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, history
I enjoyed this, partly because I've read a lot about the Owens Valley and have visited every year for the past ten years+, talking to locals about water issues when I have an opportunity. Interesting to see the perspective from 1973.
Michael Adams
Michael Adams marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Kirk Kittell
Kirk Kittell marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Argyl
Argyl marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2012