Start by marking “A Portrait of Emily (Portrait, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Portrait of Emily (Portrait, #2)

A Portrait of Emily (Portrait #2)

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  59 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
When Peter Brandon is commissioned to paint Emily Hastings' portrait, his keen psychic awareness unlocks the dark secret that has haunted her since childhood. Now on the brink of at last finding happiness in the arms of the man she loves, she is faced with her father's resolute desire to destroy her life.

When her father, Charles Hastings, is found murdered, Emily is suspec
Published May 29th 2003 by iUniverse.com

To ask other readers questions about A Portrait of Emily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Portrait of Emily

Alina
Apr 02, 2013 Alina rated it it was amazing
Okay I admit to being a little wary of this story because of the whole plot with Joey. I remember Jeff reminiscing about him quite fondly in the first book and I'm always apprehensive about the ex-boyfriend storylines with their usual potential for love triangles and second thoughts and other unpleasant issues.

I'm so glad all my worries were for nothing! :)
I've been absolutely delighted how Jeff and Peter handled this situation, how Jeff was totally sincere and honest about Joey's visit and what
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Although I gave the first one 1.25 stars, I'm willing to give the second one a try since I've liked other books by this author.

Update 6/6/15
Well that was a mistake.

He was held at gunpoint by a psycho cop (as he says) a year before and it's just faded to an unpleasant memory?

Just a few pages in and we already have a sex scene.

Info dumps galore.

Used whom wrong.

Head jumping mid paragraph.

Cheating. Out of the fucking blue. (He let the kiss progress, and got hard before he pushed him away and a f
Neet
Feb 21, 2016 Neet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emily Hansings is a quiet, nervous and beautiful young woman who is newly engaged to marry. Peter has been hired by her fiancée to paint Emily's portrait after he sees the outstanding job Peter did on Emily's cousin's portrait. Peter senses an emotional connection between Emily and he and think there are secrets that this fragile and lovely young woman is keeping. This novel is a disturbing look at child abuse in every form, it's a book that cuts deep to the core. When Emily's secret are let out ...more
CB
Sep 12, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-f
This story is still based on the MC's Philip and Jeff. Even though Emily is shown on the cover and plays a major role, she is not really a MC in that there are no f/m sex scenes. The sex is kept to the males and it is hot!

The book does cover incest and pedophilia, however, it does not go into describing specifics but rather the results of. Very tough subjects to write about without being offensive but I thought the author did it very well.

The characters are so engaging I found myself completely
Phoenix
Oct 17, 2012 Phoenix rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series. The characters are interesting though some times cliche. It has humor, it's sexy and although the mysteries were kind of easy to figure out I enjoyed the ride immensely. This particular book had characters you couldn't help but sympathize with and some you couldn't help but want to see dead.
Gwengwel
I'm glad that some people in this story are dead.
I have some problem with the fact that Emily didn't go to see a psychologist and that, again, sex with love, seems to be the solution afters years of abuse.
For the rest, I love everything again!
Eyre
I love this series, and I've fallen for the main characters.

Warning: This book has a mother who needs to be smacked and smacked hard.
Dale Hankins
Jul 27, 2012 Dale Hankins rated it really liked it
loved the book really like the main characters--somewhat graphic--would love to meet the characters in real life
Linda-Grace
Mar 05, 2015 Linda-Grace rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Awesome
Miracles
Miracles rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Mandy
Mandy added it
Apr 16, 2016
Tim Boman
Tim Boman rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2016
Sandy Johnson
Sandy Johnson marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Oct 03, 2015
Vienny Anderson
Vienny Anderson rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Loisa
Loisa marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
Brittney
Brittney rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Sei
Sei rated it did not like it
Jun 26, 2015
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
May 30, 2015
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Jeff Vellenga
Jeff Vellenga rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
J.P. Bowie was born and raised in Aberdeen, Scotland. He wrote his first (unpublished) novel – a science fiction tale of brawny men and brawnier women that made him a little suspect in the eyes of his family for a while.

Leaving home at age eighteen for the bright lights of London, he found himself in the midst of a “diverse and creative crowd” that eventually led him to the performing arts. For th
More about J.P. Bowie...

Portrait (6 books)
  • A Portrait of Phillip (Portrait, #1)
  • A Portrait of Andrew (Portrait, #3)
  • A Self-Portrait (Portrait, #4)
  • A Portrait of Olivia (Portrait, #5)
  • A Christmas Portrait (Portrait, #6)