Start by marking “Falling, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures, #1)

Falling, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures #1)

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  1,106 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Never venture out of bounds without a buddy preferably two.

Dara s past four incredible years have been lived to the fullest. Along with her best friends, Kane and Jack, she s left no local wilderness unexplored, no ski slope unchallenged. Yet lately she wonders why they ve never seen her as more than a buddy with breasts. When or if either man will cross that unspoken line
Published November 30th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published October 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Falling, Freestyle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling, Freestyle

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesA Table for Three by Lainey ReeseLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesDecadent by Shayla Black
Best Ménage Fiction
169th out of 970 books — 1,292 voters
Tempted by Megan HartThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonSexy Devil by Sasha WhiteLover Mine by J.R. WardLord of the Deep by Dawn Thompson
Hottest Romance/Erotica Covers
299th out of 1,011 books — 1,280 voters

More lists with this book...

Jamie
Jul 30, 2015 Jamie rated it really liked it
a good read. well written. loved the characters.
MaggieReadsRom
May 10, 2011 MaggieReadsRom rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

First line:
The bright yellow safety marker passed behind them as Dara leaned back on the solid wood boards of the chairlift, easing her skis onto the rests.

Memorable Scenes:
- first sex scene > good thing I'm read this book during a pretty cold spell or I'd have spontaneously combusted
- Jack and Kane discussing erotic romance > I love Viv for this scene
- icicles in the hot tub scene > the thought of coldness never crossed my mind

Review:
The main characters of FALLING, FREESTY
Beth
Aug 23, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Dara has been best friends and neighbors with Kane and Jack for a few years now. They love extreme sports and ski/snow board often together. Dara has held a secret crush on both Kane and Jack but never thought she’d pursue this crush because she didn’t want to loose either friendship.

Jack and Kane have lusted after their friend Dara since the day they meet. But the both decided never to pursue their desires because Dara is their friend and they didn’t want to compete for the same woman.

On a va
Darcy
May 31, 2012 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, 2012, erotica, bdsm, menage
I really liked that this relationship was based on friendship and that all of those involved worried about ruining that friendship. I really loved that Dara took advantage of overhearing the boys secret conversation of her and that she did it in a way that was super sneaky.

I was impressed the way that Dara really went for what she wanted right away when they all arrived at the resort, I sort of expected her to chicken out. They boys response was interesting and not what I expected, one all for
Kitten ~♥️ MM series ~
Best Friends in love w/your their female friend. Okay.
She wants them too?!? No shocker there.
Vacation and an erotica book are the ingredients to helping her living out her fantasy w/her 2 besties. What?

Menage Scenes: 3
Originality: 2 - I was confused w/some of the pretzel/twister position these 3 got into.
DP: 3- Only once.
Penetratee: + Submissive and Nymph. - I didn't learn a thing about her other than that.
Pentrators: + large heavy cocks. - all I knew was their eye color.

Good to help get the
Rachael
This is a great story about three friends and their love for each other.
During a long ski trip Dara plans to seduce her two best friends after finding out they want her just as much as she wants them. The idea is to find out which man she loves more and wants to spend forever with. What she finds after 4 days of hot icicle melting sex is that she can't choose and needs them both.
There is a little bondage and a man who likes to take control in the bedroom so it's light on the bdsm - nothing too
LaFleurBleue
Mar 16, 2014 LaFleurBleue rated it liked it
Shelves: romantica, e-book
Uneven book
I really liked the outdoor, skiing and surfing description. It's clear the author loved that and it shared nicely.
However the remainder was not as successful for me. The characters just remained characters, defined mostly by their hair and eye color. And I think that was it. The tentative to show a hint of emotional conflict was a miss. The hot scenes were quite steamy.
So for a light outdoorsy erotic romance, that might be it.
Anna
Feb 26, 2013 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: kink
This was okay, but not great. There were a lot of non-problems and really nothing much happened except a woman who can't decide between her two hot best friends gets to have them both. It's a lovely scenario to think about, but it seemed pretty far fetched. I also got a little irritated at the two guys consistent reminders that they weren't gay. It is a nice quick read and really made me want to go skiing.
Rinny Rainwind
Jul 13, 2014 Rinny Rainwind rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short book but good. It's a romance about a girl whose had to over come body image and self esteem issues due to a very bad accident. Her climbing instructor helps her through more than trauma. Along with her long time friend. It was a good book. I recommend this read.
grumpybybirth
Nov 30, 2010 grumpybybirth rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book. Nothing was over the top, it was just three really great friends taking their relationship tot he next level to make themselves happy. What more could you ask for. LOVED this book!!

It'a always nice to finish a book and have that happy giddy feeling!!
Kaetrin
recommended by MusingBookworm
Anastasia
Jan 16, 2012 Anastasia rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, romance, 2012
I decided on this book when looking for a sexy romance set in snow. Living in the South, snow is a rarity, and I figured if I couldn't make snow angels in real life, I may as well curl up with a book whose snow-capped setting fulfills my winter wonderland desire. Enter Falling Freestyle, a story about three best friends -- two guys, one girl -- who use a winter weekend getaway to take their relationship to the next level.

Dara, Kane and Jack have been the Three Musketeers for years, and while Dar
ൠSinful
Not even a mountain of snow could cool off these three.

FALLING, FREESTYLE is a friends to lovers story with a few twists and gallons of hawt sauce. Three interesting characters pushing their sexual limits and taking me on all kinds of fun adventures on and off the slopes kept me enthralled. I enjoyed how these two very typical guys had to come to terms with every emotion that played out in their first ménage. How could he get turned on by watching their best friend with the girl he loved? Was hi
Mikaela
Mar 03, 2011 Mikaela rated it it was ok
The Book: Falling, Freestyle by Vivian Arend

The Particulars: Erotic Contemporary Romance, Samhain, available as e-book

Why was it in my TBR? I like Vivian Arend

The Review:

The blurb:

Dara’s past four incredible years have been lived to the fullest. Along with her best friends, Kane and Jack, she’s left no local wilderness unexplored, no ski slope unchallenged. Yet lately she wonders why they’ve never seen her as more than a buddy with breasts. When—or if—either man will cross that unspoken line.
It’
Jul 20, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Dana, Jack and Kane have been inseparable since Dana moved into their building years ago, they spend all their free time together but Dara has started to get fed up of them seeing her as one of the boys. Jack and Kane are as different as night and day but Dara has developed strong feelings for both of them, she'd love to move things forward but who should she pick? Can their friendship survive if she chooses one over the other?

I always enjoy Vivian Arend's paranormal romances so I thought it was
Christi Snow
Jul 19, 2011 Christi Snow rated it really liked it
Review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog...

My Review:
A bit of menage on the ski slopes...HOT! Friends-to-lovers....my favorite style of romantic story. You should already know that I am going to like this one, right? ;o)

These three have been best friends for 4 years. Dara has debated for years about making her move on one of these guys, but after an overheard conversation between the two guys, Dara decides to take advantage of their upcoming ski weekend to figure out which one she wants
Colette
Jan 16, 2011 Colette rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
Falling Freestyle is guaranteed to make you want to go skiing for a long weekend after reading it! Despite the somewhat unappealing cover, this is a cute, fun read-perfect for a cold winters night.

Dara, Jack and Kane have been best friends forever. When Dara overhears the two of them talking about making a move on her before it's too late, she knows she has to take action. She's always been attracted to both of them, and doesn't want to lose either of them. Dara knows just what to do-on their an
Romancing the Book
Jul 22, 2011 Romancing the Book rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, erotica
Reviewed by EmmaRae

Well, romances are about escapism and fantasy, and this packs quite a punch in 120 pages. Usually books this short fly by, but this one was impressive. Read the warnings, which I usually skip in copying the blurb here to the blog. If any of that isn’t for you, skip it (except bondage and spanking, which was very light). If you like best friend stories and triad stories, this is right up your alley.

I’m amazed at how the author packed so much character and steam into one novella
Kelly
May 12, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it
I am always game for a good menage book. Always. This one was a little different from the menages I usually read because much of the action involves sex between two of them while the third looks on or engages only minimally. Trust me when I say this works perfectly for this book. It's sexy as hell and it very nicely deals with some of the issues Kane has with being involved in a trio when he's not sexually attracted to men.

One of the things I absolutely love about Vivian Arend's writing is that
Mrs. Missive
Sep 07, 2011 Mrs. Missive rated it it was amazing
I have hit the sweet menage jackpot here! This is the textbook example of a romantic M/F/M with a lighthearted spirit.

Dara, Kane, and Jack are the three skiing musketeers, complete with candybar swords. They do everything together...well everything except what they've all been secretly wanting. Dara is apparently a big reader and her preferred style of literature mirrors my own. Dara likes to read about menage. Having two studly "best friends", it was apparently pretty easy for her to substitut
Trea
Jan 10, 2015 Trea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2015
This is more of a 2.5 star read for me, that I'm rounding down to a 2 star read, simply because I didn't enjoy it that much while I read it. I didn't like the power plays between all of the characters and Jack's little tantrum at the end of the story didn't help matters any. The Skiing/Snowboarding was more of a side note than an actual theme around the sport, and I went into the book expecting much more than what I got. Dana came across as a mixed up mess more than an actual heroine, and this ...more
Lillie
Jan 28, 2016 Lillie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: committed-menage
Friends to lovers and m/f/m menage. Helloooo favorite themes! :D This is the first contemporary I’ve read by Vivian Arend and it won’t be the last. Falling, Freestyle was just flat-out fun. Plenty of friendly play time between Dara, Jack and Kane and many LOL moments. Then there was the sexy play time. Holy smokes! In the cabin, on the slopes, in the hot tub…I will never look at an icicle the same way again.

Falling, Freestyle is going on my digital keeper shelf for when I need something light, s
The BookWhisperer
Nov 17, 2012 The BookWhisperer rated it liked it
This book is a fast read that can get your blood pumping. Dara presents the opportunity for both of her best friends to be with her, both want her, but are unsure if it is something that they can both do.

I zipped through this within an hour and found it a good read. Arend placed Dara in some steamy situations that any girl couldn’t say no to. And with guy friends like Kane and Jack, she doesn’t.

The three test their feelings for each other and just how far they can go.
~BookWhisperer Reviewer MC~
Michele A. Blank
almost too much-is that even possible?

Well actually there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. While this is a great erotic escapade, it's almost too much. How much can one woman (ahem)... Well apparently that would be infinite, then take on an entire day on the slopes! The scene in the cafeteria was erotic but also hilarious - those poor ski boarders. Being a fan of Ms. Arend, I expected HOT, but this bordered on too much. Also needs some editing...

But, give it a try. It might just be e
Mr. Granger
gremlin
This was a hot friends to lovers story, with the twist that it's a trio of friends. Kane and Jack both like Dara, and she likes them, but no one has made a move, afraid to mess up their friendship. That's about to change.

There wasn't much threesome action though, mostly it was one on one sexytimes, but switching back and forth.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
WELL....what can I say I've been spoiled with the menege where all people play with each other. (view spoiler)
Amanda Hopkins
Not all that I was hoping for

2 hot men 1 hot athletic woman ... all best friends who know each other well.... And with this great base the story never really took flight in my opinion .
Too wishy washy about the romance... And the HEA was kinda dull ... nothing unexpected or exciting in the book.
Shelly Bell
Jul 08, 2012 Shelly Bell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, first-read
I won the paperback copy and I was so exciting to discover it signed by the author! I'd previously read each story: Falling, Freestyle and Rising, Freestyle. They were a couple of my first forays into erotic romance and menage. I'm happy to report they're still as hot today! If you haven't read these stories, pick up this book!
SheLove2Read
Jul 03, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
I liked Jack and I even liked Kane but the heroine was a complete dumb a$$ and selfish to boot. I felt like she goaded/guilted Jack into making a decision he wasn't comfortable with at the end, which was only a HEAFN, happily ever after "for now". Major disappointment from an author I know can do better.
Effective way run amok keeping warmPeter but phone 1 1 Sep 11, 2014 04:00AM
  • Belonging to Them (Daly Way #1)
  • Three for Me?
  • Double Coverage
  • Glutton for Pleasure (Pleasure Series, #1)
  • The Perfect Union (Perfect Love Series, #1)
  • The Naughty List
  • Raising the Stakes (Three of a Kind, #2)
  • Half Hearts
  • Light Switch
  • Five Ways 'til Sunday (Delta Heat, #1)
  • Tropical Sin (Bandicoot Cove, #3; Heart of Fame, #0.5)
  • The Strength of Three
  • SWAT Team One and the Social Worker (The Men of Five-0, #1)
  • The Last Princess (Pack Seduction, #3)
  • Take Me (Wild Oats, #1)
  • Coming Full Circle (Friends and Lovers #2)
  • Tequila Truth (Black and White Collection, #2)
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
With over 2 million books sold, Vivian Arend is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over 50 contemporary and paranormal romance books, including the Six Pack Ranch and Granite Lake Wolves.

Her books are all standalone reads with no cliffhangers. They're humorous yet emotional, with sexy-times and happily-ever-afters. Vivian pretty much thinks she's got the best job in the world, an
More about Vivian Arend...

Xtreme Adventures (2 books)
  • Rising, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures, #2)