Start by marking “From the Heart” as Want to Read:
From the Heart

From the Heart

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  2,355 ratings  ·  67 reviews
A trio of unforgettable earlier works from one of the most beloved authors in romance. Includes Roberts's Tonight and Always, A Matter of Choice, and Endings and Beginnings.
Published November 1st 1996 by Jove Books (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about From the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Heart

Yona
I'm not sure why I can't find an edition with only one of the books - From the Heart. I've read it before and I'm sure it's here somewhere.

I guess I will just have to read the remaining two.

About From the Heart . I just finished The Dead Zone , and I was feeling pretty down, I need a good book with a very happy ending to help me feel better. And From the Heart Tonight and Always / Endings and Beginnings / A Matter of Choice by Nora Roberts was exactly that. I am a sucker for such stories with the most beautiful and perfect endings.

About the second one. A Matter of Choice wasn't as go
Jess
This is a collection of three of Roberts' early stories. They were all very sweet, but things about them definitely indicated when they were written. It made some of the stories a little hard to get into. The constant references to smoking, or taking out a cigar, and a typewriter! Other than that little annoyance, they were all really great contemp. romances.
Cassie
Three men and three women find themselves and each other in the three stories in this Nora Roberts novel. In Tonight and Always, Kasey helps a famous, cocky author with his latest book. She offers advise and a new outlook on his stuffy life. But Jordan wants more. He wants her. In A Matter of Choice, Slade is sent undercover to babysit a judge's spoiled daughter. Jessica has no idea about the smuggling going on in her little antique shop and she had no idea how hard she would fall for Slade. Fin ...more
Brenda Margriet
Older NR. She always has great characters, but sometimes the plots are cheesy.

Tonight and Always: Jordan is a great literary writer that needs the help of a researcher, Kasey. He is rich, sedate and controlled. Her father came from the same kind of family, but when her parents were killed when she was 8 she was in a tug of war between his cold sister and her lovely grandpa. Then there's Jordan's daughter, who is in a similiar situation. There is a "kind of" rape scene and she ends up pregnant, w
Yekaterina
This is a book featuring three separate stories written by Nora Roberts. The first, is about an anthropologist that falls for an author. The second an antique store owner who falls in love with a cop. The third, two reporters who fall in love with each other. Each has a twisted plot that brings characters together, rips them apart, and finally gives us a happily ever after.
I enjoyed the second two stories much more than the first. I believe it was due to the amount of action. The first story was
Sheila
Three of her Silhouette books from the mid-80's combined in one book. It was okay. I noticed how much they smoked. They were formulaic and needed more graphic sex.
Alexis
I liked all three of the books, but compared to a lot of her books they all seemed to miss a little something in them. They were all great love novels though.
Lucy *Qhuay's shellan*
Dec 18, 2014 Lucy *Qhuay's shellan* rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the author

I always pick up Nora Roberts when I want something fun and easy to read, yet with some bit of drama and angst to make things interesting and this time it wasn't different.

I particularly enjoyed 'Endings and Beginnings'.

There really is something about a hard, almost cruel man who refuses to fall in love. Slade is a great example of that. But he's so damn irresistible. Who can hate him?

Jessica was also a good heroine. She was fun and strong, yet gentle and delicate. And let's not forget she didn'
Annette Meier
Nice, short stories to fill time inbetween things.
Viviana
Mais um livro, mais Nora Roberts. E desta vez não se trata de um romance, mas sim de uma colectânea de três!
Nora Roberts é uma contadora de histórias por excelência que tem o dom de envolver os seus leitores nos romances que escreve. É impossível ler um livro seu sem imaginar, nos mais precisos detalhes, o ambiente e as personagens que nos descreve. E este não foi excepção.
Ao longo de quase 500 páginas, Nora apresenta-nos três romances distintos mas há algo que todos têem bem presente: a força
Toni
Jun 08, 2011 Toni rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Toni by: no one
Shelves: romance
I have been very apprehensive about reading any books in the romance genre. Specifically, because I thought I wouldn't enjoy them. Yet, after reading about genres in Joyce Saricks The Readers' Advisory Guide to Genre Fiction, I realized she mentioned Nora Roberts name many times in the chapter titled, Romantic Suspense. The frequent mentioning of her name was effective because I visited the library on my lunch break to start reading some Romantic Suspense novels. The first book I picked up was F ...more
Uma última noite:
Este livro, que li ainda em formato e-book, oferecido pela Saída de Emergência, não me prendeu tanto quanto gostaria. Já li alguns livros da autora, nomeadamente trilogias, mas talvez por este ser mais pequeno não teve tanto conteúdo, a história das personagens podia ter sido mais desenvolvida. Penso que a personagem de Kasey, Jordan e Alison teriam uma história bonita para contar e que foi passada para segundo plano pela autora, que apenas incidiu a narrativa na história de amo
Ne
Fins e Recomeços inicia-nos no Jornalismo. Este é o mundo dos dois personagens principais que Nora Roberts nos apresenta, Olivia e Thorpe. Ambos são ariscos e determinados, com personalidades muito semelhantes que vão entrar em conflito, criando uma explosão inicial mas que depois resulta na fusão típica de Nora de dois corações e indivíduos. É por isso que esta escritora nunca me desilude, dando-me do que mais gosto.. e mais um bocadinho de algo.
Este algo está recheado de romance e coberto por
Caro
Tonight and Always was great. I would definitely read this one again. I liked the characters, the self-discovery, the emotions, and the obstacles overcome. This is a great cuddle-up book, passing the time book, rainy-day book. It would be a great Christmas read. In the end it's just a good any-time book. The HEA was perfect and happy-crying worthy.
A Matter of Choice was a great one too. I liked everything about it, it kept me turning pages and unwilling to wait to see what happened next. I liked
Natalie
Nora Roberts is a great author. She is very descriptive (sometimes in a very intimate way)making her more suitable to certain readers. I liked the reoccuring theme of unwanted yet unresistable love throughout the collection. I love her strong female characters. My favourite of the three stories was Endings and Beginnings, and I liked the other two (Tonight and Always, A Matter of Choice) the same. At the beginning of the collection (a letter to readers) Nora Roberts writes "The three stories tha ...more
Francis
Ok. Hmmmmm....

Well, as for the first story: I liked it overall, but it got a bit boring and I was really eager to finish it off quickly. So I give 3 stars.

The second improved slightly but it wasnt that good either. 3 stars.

Now, with the last story, I was hooked. I loved both main leads, absolutely loved his confidence and seduction tactics. The story was emotional, witty, and I could believe it to be true. The saving grace of this book, indeed. 5 stars.
Wynn
~Kasey (fun loving anthropologist) & Jordan (serious writer and guardian of his brother’s daughter)~
She stayed in his house to help him with his book. Soon, she fell in love with him and told him so. He “loved” her but didn’t tell her, until she left (coz of his mother’s threats). He found her – pregnant with twins… a happy ending…

~ Jessica (antique dealer) & Slade (undercover agent)~
Another serious man and rather fun loving woman. A little dramatic at the end but happy ending of course.
Tania Martins
Mais um livrinho da Nora, não foi aquele livro que me arrebatasse totalmente mas lê-se bem, é um conjunto de histórias com o tipico happy ending mas que tem sempre aquele toque de romance que ela já nos habituou...

Das três histórias já tinha lido duas há uns anos, mas definitivamente a que me fica no coração será "A Última Noite", adoro os protagonistas e o final é tão fofo! A segunda foi boa de reler, a terceira não conhecia mesmo e achei piada aos protagonistas e à teimosia destes!

Para finaliz
Nancy
I like Nora Roberts books but this was a predictabe. Kasey goes to work for Jordan as an anthropologist. They fall in love - but his mom (who is from a very good social and rich family) steps in and sends her away. The end is predictable.
Federica
So this was my first Nora Roberts book and I must say I was pleasantly impressed. Stories are romantic and funny , the perfect bedtime reading material for all of you ladies.
I will definetly be reading other Nora Roberts books.
Sonja
I always enjoy a good Nora Roberts book and this one was two stories for the price of one!

Halie Kook
Only read the first Tonight and Always but I intend to read the others now that I know there are more :)
Catherine Masajo
Not her best work. Read 2 of 3 of them. Not the heart to read the 3rd now.
Francheska Escalera olivencia
Loved this book, it left me wanting more!!
Cyrisse
Oct 21, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
In Tonight and Always, a renowned anthropologist agrees to help a writer research his new novel -- and realizes that she wasn't prepared for the intense emotions their collaboration would inspire.

A beautiful antiques dealer and a New York City cop are ensnared in the dangerously seductive world of international smuggling in A Matter of Choice.

Endings and Beginnings finds two Washington television reporters trying to protect their love from their own professional rivalry -- and the hazards of t
Maria
three old stories...well see how it goes...

It went rather well actually. All three was very easy to read, a nice way to spend an afternoon. All of the heroes smoked though and they smoked indoors all the time. So not the 2009. But apart from that they were quite OK. I dont think I will remember much about the stories in a few weeks though....
Irma
Tres historias distintas en una sola publicación. La segunda mejor que la primera y la tercera mejor que las dos anteriores. :o)
Maria
Three good books in one, what more could one ask? All three books, originally published in the 1980's, have terrific characters and stormy relationships, are well-paced and interesting with good dialogue, and, even skipping all the sex scenes, I still found plenty of good reading.
  • Bump in the Night (includes In Death, #22.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)
  • When You Wish
  • Never Sit Down in a Hoopskirt and Other Things I Learned in Southern Belle Hell
  • Kiss Me, Katie! / Hug Me, Holly! (Harlequin Duets, #42)
  • On Wings of Magic
  • Upon a Midnight Clear: The Teacher / Christmas Magic / Jolly Holly / If Only in My Dreams / White Out
  • Tidings of Great Joy
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • Caroline's Child (Heart of Texas #3)
  • Guilty Pleasures: A Collection of 3 Super Sexy Novellas
  • Under the Mistletoe
  • Escape from Cabriz
  • How to Lasso a Cowboy
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...