Start by marking “The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal” as Want to Read:
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  17 reviews
On hit TV shows, in best-selling books, blockbuster films, video games, and comics, pop culture has been overrun by hordes of vampires, zombies, werewolves, ghosts, wizards, and other paranormal creatures. Luckily, the authors of the Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook series are back with all-new, expert advice designed to help readers fend off the furry, fanged, freaky ...more
Published May 11th 2011 by Chronicle Books (first published April 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook

What I learned: How to sell my soul and get out of the contract, how to astral project (useful), how to survive a love triangle between a werewolf and a vampire, and (my favorite) how to survive if there are children in my corn. The book however did not have instructions on how to get rid of the damn Sasquatch in my house, which was why I bought the book. Hurm. Oh well, still quite informative.
Alison C
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal , by David Borgenicht and Ben H. Winters, is a quite funny book, one of an apparently endless series that purports to tell readers exactly what to do (and what not to do) in a given situation where one's survival is at stake. This particular book tells us how to get rid of a ghost, how to catch a unicorn and how to adjust oneself to becoming a werewolf (or to dating one), among many other possible scenarios. It's very silly, but the nice t ...more
This was a cute quick read. There were a few (very few) laugh-out-loud lines. Mostly it was just smirk worthy, which was nice too. The pop-culture references were fun and I had a good time reading it and that's what matters most. There were also a few typo's, enough to be noticeable, which was a bit of a downer.
The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal is the classic handbook but packed with new illustrated instructions for crucial scenarios ranging from the domestic (How to Host a Cocktail Party When Your House is Haunted) to the scary (How to Survive a Zombie Attack in the First Day, First Week, and Long Term) to the practical (How to Break Up with a Vampire). This version is heavy on the comedic entertainment value and lacking on the real life lessons. There are a lot of vampire / werewo ...more
Conrad Zero
A different flavor of the "worst-case scenario survival" guides. The section "how to curse someone" reads like an actual how-to, without a single chuckle. But "How to survive watching a cursed Japanese videotape" or "How to catch a unicorn" make you laugh before you even start reading them.

Plenty of pop-culture references, but not enough laughs for me to recommend it to any but true paranormal/dark humor fans.
Det str ikke noe nytt her som du ikke har sett p film fra fr. ...more
A fun, quick read, for the hour or so I took paging through it. It's very much like their other "Worst Case" books, though it isn't as funny as their dating one.

I couldn't shake the feeling that they read a copy of Zombie Survival Guide while watching Twilight and decided to crank this out. I can't recommend this book at the full price; there are many other, better, spoofs on the genre out there. But if you picked it up for $4. 99 at Urban Outfitters like I did? It's well worth the cost of a pi
For it's size this book contained more than expected even having read a few of the guides before. By necessity of the subject matter the advice is very general and tongue in cheek.
If you liked previous guides, the paranormal interests you (especially if you don't actually believe it exists) and you don't actually expect the advice to be of practical use you will probably like this book.
Just a fun little book to use when you're in a bind and need to know things like how to survive a zombie attack, how to know if you're in the Twilight Zone, how to avoid Alien Abductions, or how to break up with a Vampire.

You know, paranormally useful stuff.
Roy Hudson
Nerdy good fun for any fan of the horror genre. I loved how they included horror movie trends of the past decade, like the cursed videotape and "how to survive being a survivor of a disaster you were meant to die in." Great stuff!
Andrew Uys
A fun little book collecting the common-lore of supernatural beasties and how to fight them, it'll make a cute stocking stuffer for the fantasy-lover in your life.
Dec 25, 2011 HeavyReader marked it as to-read
Shelves: how-to
I didn't even know this book existed! Now that I know, I want to read it. I hope I can find it on BookMooch or at a thrift store.
I giggled for a good five minutes over the How To Survive If There Are Children In Your Corn title.
Hint: Don't read late at night. Especially when you get freaked out by the Twilight Zone.
J. Gowin
Few things are as important as dealing properly with those kids in the corn field.
Smx marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Bella Baldwin
Bella Baldwin marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Diana marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Erin Farmer
Erin Farmer marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Mike Barbour
Mike Barbour marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Curt Yunk
Curt Yunk marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Pamela marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Eliott marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Katja marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Leanne Marie
Leanne Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Мартин Малинов
Мартин Малинов is currently reading it
May 26, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Life
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: College
  • The Vampire Survival Guide: How to Fight, and Win, Against the Undead
  • Forbidden Knowledge: 101 Things NOT Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • 2001 Things to Do before You Die
  • The Experts' Guide to 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter
  • A History of Ghosts: The True Story of Séances, Mediums, Ghosts, and Ghostbusters
  • The Boys' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
  • Mental Floss presents In the Beginning: From Big Hair to the Big Bang, mental_floss presents a Mouthwatering Guide to the Origins of Everything
  • Asimov Laughs Again: More Than 700 Jokes, Limericks and Anecdotes
  • Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things
  • Encyclopedia Horrifica: Terrifying Truth About Vampires, Ghosts, Monsters, and More
  • The Choir Boats (Longing for Yount #1)
  • Uncle John's 24-Karat Gold Bathroom Reader
  • Chicago Haunts: Ghostly Lore of the Windy City
  • Knitting with Balls: A Hands-On Guide to Knitting for the Modern Man
  • The People in the Attic: The Haunting of Doretta Johnson
Classic Tales of Brer Rabbit Sesame Street Unpaved: Scripts, Stories, Secrets and Songs The Action Hero's Handbook: How to Catch a Great White Shark, Perform the Vulcan Nerve Pinch, Track a Fugitive, and Dozens of Other TV and Movie Skills Star Trek Book of Opposites Everest: You Decide How to Survive! (The Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure, #1)