The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Paranormal

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  14 reviews
On hit TV shows, in best-selling books, blockbuster films, video games, and comics, pop culture has been overrun by hordes of vampires, zombies, werewolves, ghosts, wizards, and other paranormal creatures. Luckily, the authors of the Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook series are back with all-new, expert advice designed to help readers fend off the furry, fanged, freaky...more
Published May 11th 2011 by Chronicle Books (first published April 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook

Andrew
What I learned: How to sell my soul and get out of the contract, how to astral project (useful), how to survive a love triangle between a werewolf and a vampire, and (my favorite) how to survive if there are children in my corn. The book however did not have instructions on how to get rid of the damn Sasquatch in my house, which was why I bought the book. Hurm. Oh well, still quite informative.
Stephanie
This was a cute quick read. There were a few (very few) laugh-out-loud lines. Mostly it was just smirk worthy, which was nice too. The pop-culture references were fun and I had a good time reading it and that's what matters most. There were also a few typo's, enough to be noticeable, which was a bit of a downer.
Conrad Zero
A different flavor of the "worst-case scenario survival" guides. The section "how to curse someone" reads like an actual how-to, without a single chuckle. But "How to survive watching a cursed Japanese videotape" or "How to catch a unicorn" make you laugh before you even start reading them.

Plenty of pop-culture references, but not enough laughs for me to recommend it to any but true paranormal/dark humor fans.
Stine
Det st��r ikke noe nytt her som du ikke har sett p�� film fra f��r.
Nesie
A fun, quick read, for the hour or so I took paging through it. It's very much like their other "Worst Case" books, though it isn't as funny as their dating one.

I couldn't shake the feeling that they read a copy of Zombie Survival Guide while watching Twilight and decided to crank this out. I can't recommend this book at the full price; there are many other, better, spoofs on the genre out there. But if you picked it up for $4. 99 at Urban Outfitters like I did? It's well worth the cost of a pi...more
J. Gowin
Few things are as important as dealing properly with those kids in the corn field.
Nabilla
For it's size this book contained more than expected even having read a few of the guides before. By necessity of the subject matter the advice is very general and tongue in cheek.
If you liked previous guides, the paranormal interests you (especially if you don't actually believe it exists) and you don't actually expect the advice to be of practical use you will probably like this book.
Levi
Just a fun little book to use when you're in a bind and need to know things like how to survive a zombie attack, how to know if you're in the Twilight Zone, how to avoid Alien Abductions, or how to break up with a Vampire.

You know, paranormally useful stuff.
Roy Hudson
Nerdy good fun for any fan of the horror genre. I loved how they included horror movie trends of the past decade, like the cursed videotape and "how to survive being a survivor of a disaster you were meant to die in." Great stuff!
Andrew Uys
A fun little book collecting the common-lore of supernatural beasties and how to fight them, it'll make a cute stocking stuffer for the fantasy-lover in your life.
HeavyReader
Dec 25, 2011 HeavyReader marked it as to-read
Shelves: how-to
I didn't even know this book existed! Now that I know, I want to read it. I hope I can find it on BookMooch or at a thrift store.
Nancy
I giggled for a good five minutes over the How To Survive If There Are Children In Your Corn title.
Ashley-Marie
Hint: Don't read late at night. Especially when you get freaked out by the Twilight Zone.
Bunny
Bunny marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Taylor Nieuwdorp
Taylor Nieuwdorp marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Jun 30, 2014
Fantasylover
Fantasylover marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Barb
Barb is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2014
Sevilen
Sevilen marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Suman
Suman marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Daria Intheskyy
Daria Intheskyy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sesame Street Unpaved: Scripts, Stories, Secrets and Songs The Action Hero's Handbook: How to Catch a Great White Shark, Perform the Vulcan Nerve Pinch, Track a Fugitive, and Dozens of Other TV and Movie Skills Star Trek Book of Opposites Everest (The Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure) The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Middle School