Start by marking “Experiencing Father's Embrace” as Want to Read:
Experiencing Father's Embrace

Experiencing Father's Embrace

Experiencing Father's Embrace is an excellent resource for anyone interested in growing or ministering in the Father's love message. The author's style of writing makes this book easy to read, yet it is one of the most thorough and profoundly impacting books available on knowing God as a Father.
Published April 1st 2006 by Destiny Image Incorporated (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Experiencing Father's Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Experiencing Father's Embrace

Equating the Equations of Insanity by Durgesh SatpathyThe Living Memories Project by Meryl AinEat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth GilbertFree Fall by Amber Lea EastonLove Is Stronger Than Death by Stanley M. Giannet
Healing Care Resources
60th out of 147 books — 156 voters
Strengthen Yourself in the Lord by Bill JohnsonCulture of Honor by Danny SilkBasic Training for the Prophetic Ministry by Kris VallottonVictorious Mindsets by Steve BacklundThe Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis
Best Supernatural Lifestyle Books
9th out of 27 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Ron
Mar 31, 2011 Ron rated it really liked it
An excellent resource on receiving and giving God's love for men, this book seems to consider women's issues anecdotally and then mostly from the man's point of view. That's not a terrible crime (as reflected in my rating) because few similar books written by women understand, let along adequately address men's issues.

Good use of both scripture, testimony and personal experience. Better written than the newer Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship.

Men, if you're only going to read one Jack Frost
Charity
Jul 11, 2013 Charity rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, heartfelt and a life changing read.
Mardee
Aug 07, 2011 Mardee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book,
Stefani
Jan 24, 2014 Stefani rated it it was amazing
Amazing. That's all I really need to say, but I will explain a little:

Experiencing Father's Embrace is not about your earthly father, but your Heavenly Father. This book really opened my eyes to God and His love. Upon reading the first few pages, I already felt a better understanding of God and myself. I had lost my faith and started reading this book to help me find my way again. It did just that, along with some other things. I feel more at peace with myself after reading this book, and I enco
Erica
May 22, 2016 Erica rated it really liked it
Reading this book I recognized so much of myself in it having had a bad childhood and due to that having trouble letting God and other people in. This book has so many things spot on for me, and I really believe that it was a book that I needed to read. I still have a long way to go and a lot of healing to do, but this book made me understand new things about myself and I believe it's at least part of the healing for me.

Even though I really liked the book and learned from it I also found it hard
Hannah
Jul 12, 2012 Hannah rated it it was amazing
ok...this book is incredible.not to mention the hardest book I've ever read..my roommate got me to read this...I love it but can only take one chapter at a time.its not that its hard to understand.I just have to chew on each chapter.its so emotionally bare and makes you think and it literally speaks exactly what I'm dealing with when I read it.....been going through emotional and spiritual restoration and its amazing what this book does.....wow.read it.love it.journal it.its hard but so ...more
Brandon Stiver
A good book for sure. This book is all about love, all about the Father's love for us and how we are to live out of that love. I would definitely suggest this book to any father or husband, mother or wife. So much of what he says centers around his own experience in his family and childhood. His story is quite interesting and I think that there is a lot that someone could glean from Frost's experience and teaching.
Sandy Walker
Nov 24, 2012 Sandy Walker rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people burned by religious views of God
Shelves: favorites
This book was instrumental in changing my life in 2008. It shifted my perspective regarding God's love in a way I had never encountered before. Later, I watched the DVD series of this author teaching this book's content live at a workshop. Really good stuff - really deep and very healing. I highly recommend it. Especially if you've been turned off to the concept of God that was presented to you through religious institutions. This is very different than what is usually taught.
Sara floerke
Mar 08, 2010 Sara floerke rated it it was ok
This would be a great book to read, maybe, if you have a relationship with God and find it clouded by the dysfunction of the family you grew up in.

But it just made me mad at my husband and blame other people for my problems....

I know some people who found this book life changing. Go figure.
Robin Fox
There's some good stuff in here - and some things which I needed to read.
However, I also struggled, because Frost uses far too many illustrations from his marriage and his relationship with his wife. Well and good for those who are married, but for the single person - especially those of us for whom marriage will not be an option - he is far too heavy with a far too limited analogy
Martha
Aug 05, 2016 Martha rated it it was amazing
This is a book about how much God loves us. We may know this as head knowledge ... of course God loves us. But Frost has had a genuine transformation when he really "got" it, and he shows how it made a difference in his life, in his marriage and in his entire outlook on life. I learned a lot and think it is a worthy read for everyone.
Nancy Heaps
Apr 04, 2016 Nancy Heaps rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I really enjoyed reading and processing this book! I highly recommend this book to anyone seeking more of the Father's heart. I took my time with this and have been amazed that Yahweh connected many things (i.e. sermons, life events, other stories, etc) together with what I learned from this author. I'm blessed that I see the Father and can rest in His embrace.
Trevor Lloyd
Heart hitting and life changing. At times it was like he was describing my life and unraveling my heart. And he is right - the tendency to performance and the love of law is deeply ingrained. We have to learn the law of love - that we are accepted and unconditionally loved. Learning to live more deeply in the reality of the Father's embrace is the core of living and loving well.
J W
Jun 30, 2013 J W rated it really liked it
A pointed discussion about what a true relationship with Jesus really is - not on doing or not doing but on a love relationship. Jack discusses he and his wife's past struggles and how they came to grips with themselves, their parents, and with God the Father. For those struggling with their earthly relationships or with their relationship with Christ this is a must read.
Karen
Jan 23, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
This book had huge personal impact in helping me break some things I have wrestled with for years...some not even realizing they were an issue (ha). I suspect this will be a book I will purchase many times for sharing with others!
Matthew Farrell
May 05, 2015 Matthew Farrell rated it really liked it
I thought this book was good. There were many good principles in it, principles that I found to answer some questions I have had for a while. He did repeat quite a few things. It sort of seemed like this was a book he wrote to help him process things in his life. Good book.
Bob Flores
Jul 29, 2015 Bob Flores rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. I actually read it twice back to back it was so good. I had to go back through and read it slower the second time. Jack Frost spoke the language of my heart on every page. Highly recommended!
Rick
Jan 28, 2011 Rick rated it it was amazing
This book has done more to heal my heart than any other resource I have ever read other than the Word. I cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone who longs as I do to understand what it means to be embraced by God and more fully realize just how much He loves you.
Gordon
Oct 26, 2016 Gordon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The father's love

Enjoyed this a lot, speaks well of personal relationships involved in families.
Very helpful in outlining God as a heavenly father showing the depth of his love for his children. Truly recommended.
Shirley
Do you struggle with accepting that God loves you just for you??? This is the book for you to read..with an open mind, it can really transform you and open a door to let go of past hurts and unforgiveness..
Joshua Mitchell
Feb 03, 2016 Joshua Mitchell rated it it was ok
Some parts of this book were very enlightening but for the most part it appeared that the author just repeated the same things over and over throughout the book and it was redundant and slow reading.
Cindy
Jul 05, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, in some ways it is geared to men but I felt like it spoke to all of us. (We did it as a group study). Really a good book to read.
Dorothy Mills
Good guidance

The writer opens up about many learning times in His life in hopes of helping others. It is relevant for young Christians, families.
John Sheehan
Apr 30, 2016 John Sheehan rated it really liked it
What a lovely reminder of how great God's love is for us and I so enjoyed how the author brings all this to life exploring the goodness of God
Julie Presley
Mar 27, 2014 Julie Presley rated it it was amazing
I don't really have the right words for this one... But I think everyone who loves Jesus should read it!
Kaleb Sudela
Apr 14, 2013 Kaleb Sudela rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianity
A great book that depicts God for who He really is: LOVE. This book deals with issues that have lodged themselves deep into our belief systems, and it helps us to become whole in the love of God.
Aaron
Aaron rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Thomas Chew
Thomas Chew rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Charles Seip
Charles Seip rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
  • When Heaven Invades Earth: A Practical Guide to a Life of Miracles
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • The Transformation of the Inner Man
  • Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy
  • Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment
  • Mystical Union
  • The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence
  • The Ultimate Treasure Hunt: A Guide to Supernatural Evangelism Through Supernatural Encounters
  • There Were Two Trees in the Garden (Divine Destiny)
  • Surprised by the Power of the Spirit: Discovering How God Speaks and Heals Today
  • The Essential Guide To Healing
  • Always Enough: God's Miraculous Provision Among the Poorest Children on Earth
  • Kisses from a Good God: A Journey Through Cancer
  • Blessing Your Spirit
  • Pia Desideria
  • 30 Days to Understanding the Bible in 15 Minutes in a Day

“So often, well-meaning Christians pray for a visitation from God, but what He really wants is a habitation with us. He doesn’t want to come into our lives as a guest while we are on our best behavior around Him until He leaves.” 2 likes
“Any time my walk with God gets hard, I know that I am no longer walking in the spirit but have begun living out of my soul.” 0 likes