Start by marking “The I'M NOT SCARED Book” as Want to Read:
The I'M NOT SCARED Book

The I'M NOT SCARED Book

Sometimes I'm scared of dogs.
I'm not scared when they give me kisses.

Sometimes I'm scared I will make a mistake.
I'm not scared when I know I tried my best.

With his signature blend of playfulness and sensitivity, Todd Parr explores the subject of all things scary and assures readers that all of us are afraid sometimes.
Published August 3rd 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The I'M NOT SCARED Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The I'M NOT SCARED Book

Benjamin Miller
Mar 01, 2012 Benjamin Miller rated it it was amazing
“The I’m Not Scared Book” by Todd Parr is a storybook that tells a story that is for Nursery to Primary years. I think this book could be read up to Kindergarten years, which are 5 or 6 years old. The purpose of this book is to show a child that if you are scared, that you can overcome that and not be scared. For example, the book starts out with a boy that says “Sometimes I’m scared of the dark.” Then on the next page he says “I’m not scared if I have a night-light.” Then the book goes through ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
A fantastic, brightly illustrated book that cheerfully identifies a variety of fears children have, while also showing them how they can over come them. Todd Parr's simplistic words make this a story that's easy to understand for really young readers, and makes it easy for beginning readers to read. It's a fabulous story for parents to read to their kids.

I loved the way Todd told only told the story, but his illustrations are great. My kids really enjoyed this book. They connected with some of t
Miss Sarah
Sep 08, 2016 Miss Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: emotions
another great entry into the Todd Parr realm. This one features all kinds of things kids are scared of and simple ways to make it better. Love the alternation of problem and helpful advice as well as the variation in people having the problem. One on one for sure but preschool for length in storytime.
Mary Ann
Using his distinctive style of bright, bold figures and simple, reassuring words, Parr has created a wonderful book that reassures young children that we all can be scared of some things and yet we can find ways to make it better. The left side of every spread shows something we may be afraid of: “"Sometimes I'm scared of the dark." Look on the right side and you’ll see a way to make the situation better: "I'm not scared if I have a night-light." Parr’s book is simple and yet it speaks to the ...more
Renee
Jul 15, 2012 Renee rated it liked it
Summary: Relates the things that can frighten children and how these fears may be overcome.

This is a great author for toddlers and preschoolers. Text is short and pictures are very bold and colorful. This text shows one thing a child is scared of on one page and then how he or she solves the problem on the opposite side (or how he/she can make it not scary).

"Sometimes I'm scared of the dark.
I'm not scared if I have a night-light.

Sometimes I'm scared of dogs.
I'm not scared when they give me
Meghan Hunt
Nov 01, 2012 Meghan Hunt rated it liked it
Shelves: jp-picture-books
Dee-Ann
Apr 09, 2012 Dee-Ann rated it really liked it
I am teetering between 3 and 4 stars for this book. I love the pictures, bright, fun and the holes in the front cover add some interets, but I thought this book could have gone further, added a bit of humour, and the page we found the most interesting was the 'monsters under the bed' page, which was followed by a sort of puzzle as to what the monters really were. It could have used the caped -character a bit more throughout the book.
Melanie
Todd Parr addresses the issue of fear in this one. This one will prove quite useful in terms of children who have common everyday fears. For example, being scared of the dark or what's under the bed. What I love is that each situation is given a flip side solution. Such as "Sometimes I'm scared of the dark. I'm not scared if I have a night light."

This book should prompt some creative solutions to common childhood issues.
Elaine
Oct 26, 2012 Elaine rated it liked it
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Another in the Todd Parr feelings books. With simple text and simple illustrations, Todd Parr talks about common fears children have and how to not be afraid.

“Sometimes I’m scared of what’s under my bed.

I’m not scared once I clean everything out and see all my favorite toys.

Sometimes I’m scared when my family argues.

I’m not scared when we hug and say I’m sorry.”

Mary
Aug 26, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
This brightly colored picture book directly confronts childhood fears with comforting common sense. A great discussion starter for preschoolers, especially for the first day of school or anything new and unknown.
Janet
Mar 30, 2016 Janet added it
Shelves: ece-bookshelf
A little boy is scared sometimes, but then he is able to overcome his fears when he views circumstances in a different way.

Age: 2+

Practice: Talking (This book promotes discussions around being scared and how to cope with our fears.)
Russell
Aug 11, 2014 Russell rated it liked it
Great callback to Doggy Kisses 123. Important lessons in confronting fears, adversity, feelings of inadequacy, and limitations head-on.
Rachel Yingling
Mar 27, 2013 Rachel Yingling rated it liked it
This is a good book to show young children that sometimes people are afraid of things, and that's normal, but we can overcome our fears. The little boy in this book shows this by telling what he is afraid of and then telling how he deals with his fear so that he is not afraid anymore.
Vicki
Jan 22, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture, pre-school
Wowee wow! Another awesome book by Todd Parr. He hits the nail on the head with his fantastic text and colorful illustrations.
Amy Rae
Aug 31, 2014 Amy Rae rated it liked it
I'm just plain not a huge fan of Todd Parr, but I can see how this book could be helpful for opening up a conversation about fears.
Mandy
Jan 02, 2014 Mandy rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
(2.5 stars)

Sometimes things scare us, and other times those same things do not. But if we get scared, the best thing to do to not be scared is to understand those things more.
Michelle
Nov 19, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
I just love Todd Parr! This is a really fun book to use to help sooth those myriad, everyday, preschool-aged fears that seem to pop up out of nowhere overnight.
Nichole Ponzer
Nichole Ponzer rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Nikki Fox
Nikki Fox rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2014
Kelly Pescatore
Kelly Pescatore rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2011
Gabrielle Ferry
Gabrielle Ferry rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2012
Troy
Troy rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Richelle
Richelle rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2011
  • How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth
  • Love Waves
  • Pouch!
  • Roly Poly Pangolin
  • Chicken, Chicken, Duck!
  • Snow Sounds: An Onomatopoeic Story