Start by marking “Ramona's World” as Want to Read:
Ramona's World
Preview

Ramona's World (Ramona Quimby #8)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  6,515 ratings  ·  263 reviews
Ramona's back and more fun than ever as she enters the fourth grade in this newest addition to the Ramona series. And things are off to a rousing start for the perky ten year old when she has a great first day of school, writing a gem of an essay about her new baby sister Roberta, and making a new best friend. But her elation is short-lived when she discovers that her spel ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published April 12th 2005 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published August 25th 1999)

Jen
While this isn't my favorite in the Ramona series, it was certainly enjoyable. Ellie and I are both very sad that we're all done with "Mona". Hopefully we can reread them in a few years time. :)
Katie Fowler
At the library this weekend I happened to discover that there was one lone Ramona book that I had not read, and I scooped it up and read the whole thing on a rainy afternoon. Beverly Cleary was 83 years old when she wrote this, but it's amazing how she could still perfectly get inside the head of a 9-year-old. Good plot, true to the series and tweaked with a few modern touches juuuust enough to be credible. Even though this came out in 1999, I didn't want Beezus to be listening to Britney Spears ...more
Catherine
Although this final Ramona book was written 15 years after the previous installment, it's much truer to the feel of the original series than Ramona Forever. It's much more Ramona-centric, with the now 4th grader meeting a new best friend, getting herself in and out of various scrapes, and finally developing a little sympathy for the super-annoying, always-perfect Susan.

Reading the series to my sons, I'm glad this was the conclusion to the series and not the book that concluded the series when I
Stacy Wines
I enjoyed this book. It took me back to memories of a simpler time when I was a child; however, as a child my overactive imagination would tend to get the best of me. This is the case with Ramona as well.

Ramona tends to exaggerate things and make them worse than what they really are. Ramona is jealous over her baby sister, envious of her older sister, and frustrated with her teacher. She feels her parents never have time for her. Cleary addresses the importance of friendship through Ramona and
Michelle
You guys, Beverly Cleary is 98 and still alive, and I realize it's horribly selfish of me to try to take up her remaining years, but do you think we can convince her to write another Ramona book? Because I've checked that illustrator Alan Tiegreen is also still alive, so I really think this should happen.

In this last(?) Quimby adventure, we have: new baby Roberta and Ramona's interactions with her, from cleaning up rejected peas to babysitting for 15 minutes, omg; a new (girl!) best friend for R
Michael
Growing up, I was a huge fan of the Ramona series, reading each one of them multiple times. (I swear I still have large chunks of several of them memorized and could recite them if you want).

Years later, grown up and looking for books to share with my niece, I came back to Ramona, only to discover that Cleary had written a new novel about Ramona during my time away. Curious, I picked it up (actually did the audio version), both eager to read it and worried that series might not live up to my fon
george
Oh, the last of the Ramona books. How I'll miss this pint-sized, spunky heroine. I have such fond memories of reading the Ramona books when I was a little girl. I'd never read this one since it was published when I was 21 and I wasn't quite interested in juvenile lit at the time. However, now it is so nice to be able to revisit and say goodbye to the girl who is so much like me when I was a child. Like the later Ramona books, this one didn't quite entertain me as much as the early books. Possibl ...more
Sanz
Stockard Channing does an excellent job in this audiobook. We listened to this on a recent road trip with 8, 6, 4, and 1 year old children. My rating is 2 stars because of the usage of the words "asinine" and "stupid" and then I added another star because Channing is so entertaining!

This is book #10 in my 52 book goal for this year.
Aaliayah
Ramona starts the fourth grade. She thinks it will be the best year of her life. She can show off her yucky calluses. The boy who she calls Yard-Ape sits across from her and she has a big crush on him. Her teacher Mrs.Kemp loves her writing because it's creative. She has a little sister named Roberta and a bigger sister named Beatrice. Most of all she has a new best friend. She just wanted to fit in with the other students in her fourth grade class There's no one like Ramona.

My favorite part i
Kristen H
I rated this book one stars because it was an ok book to read. I didn't think it was the best book. I thought the characters were funny and also the things they did. That is also why I thought it was a good book. This was a also a good book because the characters seemed real and I think that also made me like it because it could have been me in that story or someone esle in my family. Also the setting was realistic because Ramona went to school and that reminded it of me. This book did not have ...more
Khloe Belfiore
Romana is eager to start the fourth grade and is ready to take on whatever it throws at her. Just when she thinks she can do it all she is faced with a reality check that leaves her to deal with the everyday struggles of growing up. Beverly Clearly is right on target when it comes to addressing Romans life and all that she makes it out to be with such a humorous fashion.

One of the reasons i enjoyed this book so much was because it reminded me of when I was in fourth grade and the little obstacl
Becky
Ramona's World is the last book in the series. Ramona is in fourth grade now. And she's definitely got a big crush on Yard Ape. (There's been no mention at all of Henry Huggins lately or of Mary Jane for that matter.)

"Ramona Spreads the News" Ramona starts fourth grade. She's anxious to spread the news that she's a big sister. Her baby sister, Roberta, is oh-so-cute and oh-so-little. Ramona meets the new girl, Daisy, and hopes that they can become BEST friends.

"The Role Model" Does Ramona like
Jennifer Margulis
Ramona Quimby is nine years old and in fourth grade now. She's bursting with eagerness to tell her friends at school about her brand new baby sister Roberta. But though the first day of fourth grade with Mrs. Meachum is better than she expected in some ways, Ramona is not sure what she thinks of her new teacher but is sure that she hates spelling.

Ramona's older sister Beezus is in high school now, with a new best friend she talks endlessly about, lots of homework, and her first boy-girl party t
Melanie
Ramona’s World Beverly Cleary

“Ramona took a deep breath. ‘I broke the ceiling. I broke the ceiling to smithereens and it’s going to cost a bazillion dollars to fix and it fell all over the dining room and made a terrible mess, so I decided not to stay for dinner.’” This quote from the book Ramona’s World by Beverly Cleary shows why I kept the pages turning.

Ten-year-old Ramona Quimby is starting fourth grade at a new school. Ramona is very excited about the new school year until something happen
Jennifer Maloney
I have very mixed feelings about this book.

First of all, it feels ghostwritten. Straight up. It does not have the same Beverly Cleary vibe that the other books had. I know she's getting old, but I really doubt her writing voice would've changed so dramatically. Whereas the other books felt bottom-up, from the kid's perspective, this one felt very top-down, looking at the kid from an adult's perspective.

Nothing really felt cohesive either, even getting small details wrong (which she normally do
Maryam Shahriari
سری 8 جلدی کتابهای رامونا رو به پیشنهاد و برای همراهی و تشویق خواهرزادهی 10 سالهام که تازه شروع به مطالعه کرده است خوندم.
خیلی خیلی از خوندنشون لذت بردم. کتابها با اینکه در غالب داستان برای بچهها نوشته شده بود ولی در اصل روانشناسی کودک بود. بعد از خوندن این سری کتابها دیدم نسبت به دنیای بچهها و کارهایی که میکنند عوض شد. فکر میکنم از بعد از اون روابطم هم با بچهها بهتر شده. از سری کتابهایی هستند که حتما باز هم میخونمشون.
Eric Summers
Ramona is entering fourth grade where she is sure things will be great. Unfortunately, she gets into her own unique Ramona style of trouble from day one. Fortunately, she always has the support of her family and by the end of the book, Ramona has gained new perspectives, friends, and is becoming the wonderful young woman we always knew she would. It would have been great to follow Ramona all the way through middle and high school.

The only downside to this book and others in Cleary's world are th
Sarah Bruno
El Mundo de Ramona no me impresiono como e querido. Para mi Ramona es una niña con imaginación y energía, en este libro Beverly hiso Ramona una niña calmada y suficiente mayor. Yo pienso que Ramona esta creciendo demasiado rápido, quiero ese niña pequeña y imaginado. Bezus la hermana mayor de Ramona tambien esta creciendo. En el libro Beverly describe como Beezus que quiere pelo suave, y aretes, pero en los otros libros de Ramona Beezus es totalmente diferente. Si has leído los libros de Ramona ...more
Melissa Morton
Ramona, who's now a fourth-grader, struggles with her spelling, joyfully battles her old nemesis, Yard Ape, and excitedly makes her first real girl friends. Ramona believes this will be the best year yet, but things do not quite turn out the way she hoped. Her teacher wants her to work on her spelling which Ramona is not very good at. Ramona struggles with spelling and spelling bees are a fun way to practice spelling.

If I were to incorporate this book into a lesson, I would have my class create
Anne
When I was in grade school reading these books for the first time, I became disoriented when the illustrators changed, the story-lines got different, and suddenly Henry Huggins wasn't even in the background of the story. Instead, Howie Kemp and that dumb ole Willa Jean proved to be permanent features.

While I still miss Henry Huggins, this time around I was happy to look with new eyes at Ramona, putting aside my picky ideas about illustrators and a couple complaints with continuity. Although I d
Mandy
As one of Beverly Cleary's biggest fans, I had to read the last installment of the Ramona series, which was released in 1999. Oh Ramona. Still getting up to the same old hijinks. The book reminded me of just how sweet, but not precious, Ramona's world is. And does anyone besides the Quimby family say "cross" to mean angry?
Pearl
This was a book I read to my daughters when they were kids. It was a “light-hearted” childhood situation centered on being a good speller and finding her best friend. It had a very easy and simple plot. (This is a "late" posting; I did realize that I was to place a "first" review on a childhood book.)
Brandi
My daughter read this for her school book report, and I thought I'd read it too because it was one of the few Ramona books I hadn't read as a kid. Ramona was still as lovable and quirky as ever, even as a growing-up fourth grader. How can you not love Ramona?
Julie Decker
The news in Ramona's world is that a) she's now a big sister, and b) she has a best friend named Daisy! The dynamic with Ramona getting into trouble with a partner in crime beside her is a little different than in previous books, and she also seems a tad more cautious and reserved, but it's still the same old Ramona.

She's got an awareness about her that she didn't have before, and realizes that her behavior will make an impression on her new baby sister. And she seems to be less antagonistic tow
Heather
The chapter about babysitting her little sister was really funny, so was the attic mishap! We quite enjoyed this book. The author did a great job keeping the continuity of the story and tone the same as the previous, older books.
Spongebob
Romona is a girl who is starting the fourth grade.She thought this whould be the best year ever. Even though she meets anew friend and has a new baby sister. Every thing goes wrong
Sheri Struk
Ramona is entering fourth grade and is excited to have news to share with her classmates...She has a baby sister! Ramona makes a new best friend in the fourth grade and seems to be developing a crush on one of the boys in her class, known as "Yard Ape." Ramona and her best friend enjoy the same soap opera and get in some debacles together. Ramona has a Valentine's Day party with her class during which she struggles to know what Valentine's Day cards to give specific people and later has a birthd ...more
Terra
Ohhh, I did not realize till recently that there is a final installment in the "Ramona" series! This was published in 1999, therefore totally off my radar.

Ramona Quimby reminds me so much of my high-spirited daughter, which is likely why she loved the series so much - a relatable character, and the books are seldom slow or boring. "Ramona's World" is full of situations typical to the characters and the series - Ramona gets in over her head after wanting to take on more responsibility than she i
Ashley
Darling series. Definitely one I'm wishing I had read years ago!!
Nicole
My personal reaction was i loved Ramona and and was totally her as a young girl. Romona a forth grader, with bad spelling and meeting new friends at school matched is a perfection combination for young readers. The purpose of this book would be for an independent reader who can relate to Ramona and her growing up. It would be a great book for forth graders and helping them learn basic vocabulary. This would also be a great book for students with an imagination and help them to learn to accept th ...more
Reading Log #14 2 10 Jan 04, 2013 05:45PM
cool 2 15 Jun 08, 2011 08:37AM
  • Anastasia at Your Service (Anastasia Krupnik, #3)
  • Fudge-a-Mania (Fudge, #4)
  • Ralph S. Mouse: teacher guide
  • Junie B., First Grader: Boo...and I Mean It! (Junie B. Jones, #24)
  • Sixth Grade Can Really Kill You
  • Betsy-Tacy and Tib (Betsy-Tacy, #2)
  • Judy Moody Declares Independence (Judy Moody #6)
  • The Talented Clementine (Clementine, #2)
  • Bicycle Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #15)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Treasure Hunt (Encyclopedia Brown, #17)
  • Starting with Alice
Beverly Cleary (born April 12, 1916) is the author of over 30 books for young adults and children. Her characters are normal children facing challenges that many of us face growing up, and her stories are liberally laced with humour. Some of her best known and loved characters are Ramona Quimby and her sister Beatrice ("Beezus"), Henry Huggins, and Ralph S. Mouse.

Beverly Cleary was born Beverly At
More about Beverly Cleary...

Ramona Quimby (8 books)
  • Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1)
  • Ramona the Pest (Ramona, #2)
  • Ramona the Brave (Ramona, #3)
  • Ramona and Her Father (Ramona, #4)
  • Ramona and Her Mother (Ramona, #5)
  • Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Ramona, #6)
  • Ramona Forever (Ramona Quimby #7)
Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1) Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Ramona, #6) The Mouse and the Motorcycle (Ralph S. Mouse, #1) Ramona the Pest (Ramona, #2) Ramona the Brave (Ramona, #3)

“If she can't spell, why is she a librarian? Librarians should know how to spell.” 184 likes
“The rainy winter days passed quickly. Thanksgiving came and not long afterward Christmas vacation. Ramona missed Daisy, who went with her family to visit her grandparents. When she returned, the girls spent an afternoon dressing up Roberta in the clothes she had received for Christmas. Roberta was agreeable to having a dress pulled over her head, her arms stuffed into a sweater, her head shoved into caps. She enjoyed the girls’ admiration. She was not so happy about a pair of crocheted slippers with ears and tails that looked like rabbits, a gift from Howie’s grandmother, who enjoyed crocheting. Roberta did not care for the slippers.” 0 likes