The Oracle Rebounds (The Oracle of Dating, #2)

The Oracle Rebounds (The Oracle of Dating #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  56 reviews
As the "oracle of dating," Kayla is supposed to have all the answers about love and relationships. She's supposed to have the perfect relationship. But now that Jared is "taking a step back," Kayla feels like a total fraud.

So the expert on dating starts taking her own rebound advice—and some from her friends—and stops moping around. Yeah, there are other possibilities out...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen

Heather
The Oracle Rebounds was proof positive that teen chick lit can be smart, sweet, and family-friendly. Kayla (aka “The Oracle”) runs a teen dating advice website; happily in love, she’s broadsided by Jared’s decision to take some space. She’s lost without her other half, and questions what her next step is. Looking back at her articles about breakups she realizes it’s not so easy to take your own advice when love might be just around the corner. What makes this different? Her strong family and fri...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Kelsey Jones for TeensReadToo.com

I thought THE ORACLE OF DATING was a fun and original read and was more than excited to get started on the sequel. To my surprise, I enjoyed THE ORACLE REBOUNDS even more! With fresh plot developments, intriguing new characters, and more, this second title was the perfect summer read that I had been hoping for.

Allison van Diepen has created such a fabulous cast of characters in the ORACLE series. Kayla is a fantastic main character, because she is jus...more
Natshane
I was hesitant to start The Oracle Rebound because of what I assumed from the blurb. (And I lost my interest in writing a review for the first book) As I was hung up on Jared and Kayla's relationship, it was definitely a depressing moment when I found out that they were going their separate ways, and honestly, the book lost it's spark to me. I can't do this. Feeling heartbroken.
But to my utter surprise, I finished it in merely two hours, I guess some of the Oracle's advice got to me, Kayla taug...more
Gaby
Posted at http://oh-my-books.blogspot.com/2010/...

The Oracle Rebounds is the sequel of The Oracle of Dating, which I loved it.

Just for the tittle I knew something was going to happen between Kayla and Jared. It was sad to see them breaking up, and Kayla trying to deal with her broken heart.

But as always, I loved Kayla. She´s sweet, intelligent and strong. Even with her heart broken because of Jared, she can't hate him. She isn't going to say nasty things about him, even when she doesn't unders...more
Lauren
If you thought The Oracle of Dating was a fabulously fun read, well just wait until you read The Oracle Rebounds because it's even better- which I personally didn't even think would be possible!

It's been five months, three weeks, and two days since Kayla and Jared got together and so far things have never been better! Kayla loves Jared and Jared loves Kayla and that's how it's going to stay, right? Wrong because on that fateful day five months, three weeks, and two days, Jared makes a stunning...more
Kate McMurry
Sequel to Oracle of Dating, a hilarious young-adult, chick-lit novel

I was delighted to learn there was a sequel to The Oracle of Dating, which I enjoyed very much. Comedic YA seems to be an endangered species these days, and this book is very well-written chick lit.

Soon after the book begins, Kayla’s relationship with her terrific boyfriend, Jared, goes on the rocks when he asks to slow things down between them. Kayla is so hurt by this rejection that she breaks up with him. For several years sh...more
Jenny
I absolutely loved the first Oracle book and was so happy to find out at the end of the first book that there would be a second one. The first thing that struck me was that this book is called “The Oracle Rebounds”. Obviously there must something wrong with the relationship between Kayla and Jared and with Kayla being the Oracle she’s doing some rebounding of her own because of the failed relationship.

I was a little sad to see Kayla and Jared break up, just because I love these two together so...more
Alisha Marie
How do you rate a book that is just run-of-the-mill fluff that's far from deep, yet is really fun? That's my question. Because that's exactly what The Oracle Rebounds is. Fluff. And I like me some fluff. But at the same time, I feel a bit off giving fluff books five (or four) stars unless they seriously made me laugh out loud (The Spellman Files, Can You Keep a Secret?) or if it's fluff that evoked a strong reaction from me (like I loathed every single one of the characters yet was still endless...more
Jennah Scott
I received this from Net Galley for review. This is a cute book. I haven't read the first one, and I'm not sure I will. Mainly because this one gives me a pretty good idea of what happens in the first. That being said, this is a good book even without reading the first one. It says alot for an author and a series when you can pick up the book up and enjoy regardless of what happened in earlier books. Many of the contemporary YA books I've read lately are light and easy to read. This one does not...more
I heart MOLDY APPLES

Rating~ 2.8

What keeps making me wonder abou this book is how is it that a 16 year old knows so mush about relationships. Even after reading and researching a teen should not be the one to give their 25+year old sister dating advice. Am i only only one who saw that fault?

This book was about a girl named Kayla who had been dumped by her boyfriend. She has a Relationship advice website. Did i mention she was 16?

So with the help of her friends she tries to get over her Ex. From helping her friends...more
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Here we are with a young adult book with no magic from me! I'm surprised myself.

I used to read books like Oracle Rebounds a lot, 2-3 years ago. I liked simple romances of teenage girls and guys and when i saw the book i couldn't resist.

The book starts with Kayla and Jared break up. Still it's difficult for me to understand why Kayla though he wanted to break up with her. It was pretty obvious he had more to say. And we see to end he indeed had some more things to say. Before be back together ag...more
Sarai
The Oracle and her friends are back in volume two of this nice, goodhearted series. Not everything that happens is happy, but the friendships and situations are realistic, there is no violence, there are no space aliens or dragons, and maybe you get a happy ending out of it. A good read for someone who wants to get away from stress and enjoy a couple hours of happy reading.

Product Description
Sharm
The Oracle Rebounds is the sequel to The Oracle of Dating. After six months of dating, Jared tells Kayla that he needs to take a step back, leaving a heartbroken Kayla. Kayla's mom arranged a French foreign exchange student to take in their house for Kayla to be able to move on fast.

I think, Kayla was pretty reckless when she attended a party and a she started kissing a guy, then he attempts to have sex with her. And Jared calling to check up on her. And then the French hottie enters the scene....more
Karen
Kayla is still running her online dating advice blog – still anonymously - and she’s been dating her uber sexy artist (IMO anyway) boyfriend Jared for a while now. Things are going great.
Then Jared tells her he needs some breathing space and Kayla takes that as “I want to break up with you” and ends their relationship for him. Kayla immediately uses her Oracle of Dating skills to decide exactly how long she must wait before embarking on her rebound relationship.
The Oracle Rebounds is the second...more
Kristi
As you might have seen in my The Oracle of Dating review, that I had to start The Oracle Rebounds as soon as I finished the last pages of The Oracle of Dating.... and can I say that I loved this novel even more than the first!

The Oracle of Rebounds had everything I loved from The Oracle of Dating and then some! Can I just say that I love Kayla! She is such a great protagonist to read about! And even though she makes her share of mistakes... I never feel the need to yell at the book... you know w...more
Kelsey
I thought The Oracle of Dating was a fun and original read and was more than excited to get started on the sequel. To my surprise, I enjoyed The Oracle Rebounds even more! With fresh plot developments, intriguing new characters, and more, The Oracle Rebounds was the perfect summer read that I had been hoping for.

Allison van Diepen has created such a fabulous cast of characters in the Oracle series. Kayla is a fantastic main character, because she is just so real. She is someone any teenager coul...more
Natshane

Savannah (Books With Bite)

I enjoyed this book much more because it gave a bit of a more insight on Kayla and her life. Jared surprises Kayla by giving dumping her. Totally unexpected. She is in total shock and just confused. She is unsure what to do and what to say. Kayla does her best to move on, especially when a new foreign exchange student comes landing right in her lap. Can someone say rebound???

Kayla is such a strong character in this book. To me she is not perceived as a teenager. The way that she acts during a b...more
Princess Bookie
My Thoughts: I was so excited to receive The Oracle Rebounds and I wasn't disappointed a bit. We are back with Kayla (the dating expert) and her bundle of friends. We start the book with Kayla and Jared stepping back from one another. Or more like him breaking up with her to focus on himself. So what does Kayla do? She turns to her work and the new foreign exchange student staying at her house. She starts dating him and spending lots of time with him. This is just a way to get over Jared she tel...more
Stacey
The Oracle Rebounds was a fun, easy reading crash course in friendships and relationship brought to us by Alison van Diepien.

In The Oracle Rebounds we are taken into the life of a just-turned sixteen year old Kayla, a together and mature, girl who anonymously runs a website offering relationship advice for a small price unbeknown to all but two ofher friends.

The situations and hurdles Kayla and the characters of this book came across made for instant nostalgia for
someone, me, who has been out o...more
Rachelle
First off, I've got to thank Harlequin for letting me review this book via NetGalley and all of the other books I will soon be reviewing from them via NetGalley. I've also got to say that I was a bad book reader when I asked to review this book. I didn't check to see if this book was part of a series, OOPSIE.

However, from what I read, you don't have to read the first book, The Oracle of Dating, in order to understand this one.

The book starts out with a dramatic break-up scene that had me laughi...more
Soma "Insomnia Of Books"
After reading the first book in the series, The Oracle of Dating (find my review here) and liking it. I decided to give the second book a try. Better watch out for spoilers if you haven't read the first book. I admit it, I was very reluctant to start this one. Since I didn't know what will the author add to the ALREADY very good story. I thought that it will be just a stretch, a twin of the first book.
Hell, I was wrong.
Kayla's happily-ever-after with Jared was supposed to last FOREVER. But whe...more
Medi
this is the 2nd book in the series of The Oracle of Dating, and for me the rating that i gave remain the same as the 1st book, which is 2* (it's OK). although i felt that there's slightly improvement in the writing, it's not as bubbly as the first one, but it's not really significant.
when i said that there's improvement, what i mean is that the story is become more focus now. it's more "centered" into Kayla.
no longer as distracted by the clients' questions as she was, which actually make me thi...more
ijul (yuliyono)
Pada akhirnya, aku kembali lagi padamu...

Summary
Michaela “Kayla” Cruickshank bukan gadis SMA biasa. Umurnya baru 16 tahun tapi ia telah meretas jalan bisnis dengan membangun sebuah website yang menjajakan layanan konsultasi beragam persoalan seputar kehidupan percintaan remaja (dating) dengan nama samaran the Oracle. Pada tahun keduanya ini, Kayla harus menelan pil pahit ketika Jared, cowoknya dari setahun kemarin, justru meminta putus dengan alasan yang membuat Kayla gondok setengah mati. Maka...more
Reading Vacation
Kayla is back as The Oracle of Dating, but this time she is on the rebound when she and Jared break up. I couldn’t wait to hear what sort of rebound advice Kayla would dish out on The Oracle of Dating blog.

To be honest, Kayla’s rebounding experience was pretty funny. She seemed to actually DO most of the things you DON’T want to do after a breakup. Kayla goes against her own advice when she falls for an exchange student and kisses the first guy to pay attention to her at a party. Kayla is learni...more
Rachael
Kayla is the Oracle of Dating. She should know everything—or at least most things—about relationships and dating. Whose better advice to turn to than her own when Jared decides they need to take a break, right? Kayla will get over Jared; she knows that if she just listens to her own relationship tips and leans on her friends for a while, things will get better. So she decides that the best course of action is to devote herself to her website and her friends. But then there’s that one gorgeous an...more
Alex Bennett
The Oracle of Dating was a great, fun read, so I was naturally eager to read the sequel The Oracle Rebounds. If nothing else, I knew it would be a fun read, just like the first book. I was surprised to find that it was not just a fun read, but a spectacular sequel full of great advice, and some very interesting sub-plots.

The Oracle Rebounds focus mainly on Kayla and Jared’s breakup, and Kayla’s quest to get over him. She meets plenty of guys, and has plenty of hilarious adventures, but Jared is...more
Justina
well....after the first paragraph, my mouth dropped! I was totally shocked and didn't see it coming. I was frustrated in between, but was satisfied in the end. this book is a fast read with a good pace.

overall a good book for readers, like me who like books that go right into the plot/ storyline instead of detailed writing in the beginning, where you have to wait until the middle for the juicy part.
Katy
3.5 stars - I just finished reading the first book, and since I had this one, I thought I'd go ahead and read it - not reading to see what the summary was going to be about. And I was MAD. I absolutely HATE it when a couple manages to work it out in the first book, only to have the author cause drama to break them apart in the second book.

Having said that, I liked this book more than the last. The last one was good but not great because it wasn't different from other books like it. This one, how...more
Tressa
I really enjoyed revisiting Kayla and her friends in The Oracle Rebounds. I liked seeing how they developed. I hope that there will be another book because I do like all the characters.
  • It Started with a Dare
  • How to Hook a Hottie
  • How to Convince a Boy to Kiss You (Aurora Skye #2)
  • Populazzi
  • Tagged
  • Swoon at Your Own Risk
  • The Kissing Deadline
  • What's Your Status? (Top 8, #2)
  • Charlie (Snowy Cove, #1)
  • The Paparazzi Project
  • Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch
  • Trouble with Lemons
  • Missing Judy
  • The Love Market
  • The Long Weekend
  • In the Arms of Stone Angels
  • Moon Rise (Unbidden Magic, #2)
  • Suite Dreams
Allison van Diepen is the author of seven teen novels: Takedown, Street Pharm, Snitch, Raven, The Oracle of Dating, The Oracle Rebounds, and The Vampire Stalker. Her novels have been named ALA Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers and New York City Public Library Books for the Teen Age.

Her new book, ON THE EDGE, is coming in November 2014 from Harper Teen.
More about Allison van Diepen...
The Vampire Stalker Raven Snitch Street Pharm The Oracle of Dating (The Oracle of Dating, #1)