Start by marking “Happy Hour (Black and White Collection, #4)” as Want to Read:
Happy Hour (Black and White Collection, #4)

Happy Hour (Black & White Collection #4)

Last call? She’ll take a double. Straight up, please…

From the Black & White Collection

For six years, widow Grace Wright’s days have been filled as a single working mother. Now, with her daughter graduating, her nest is yawning before her, wide and empty. And so is the upcoming weekend. Invited out by her coworkers, she decides it’s time to turn that corner and get

Published (first published October 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Hour

Vivian
Jul 09, 2016 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-contemp, own
Back in the saddle, again.

Yee-Haw! Carr writes some lovely, smexilicious fun times. And yummy, breaking the fast with two colleagues who are hot and young studs. Tasty with a spicy threesome, and good feelings all round, even the unexpected assist in the DP department ;) Way to play nice, boys.
DGS
Jul 10, 2011 DGS rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Jamie, Trey, and Grace are all teachers at the same high school. On Fridays, they like to get together at the local bar for happy hour. It's April....almost graduation....and they're all about to go crazy. If it wasn't for their Friday night get-togethers, they all probably would.

Grace is 40 and has been single for quite a while. Her husband died in a car accident, leaving her alone with their young daughter who is now about to graduate from high school. Grace has devoted her life to raising her
Tabatha
Mar 03, 2013 Tabatha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a really great read about an over 40 widowed woman coming back to herself after years of being alone. Her daughter's upcoming graduation and the realization that she will be alone prompt her to move on with some careful prodding from her friend. Jamie has had it bad for Gracie for years, but he also knew she just wasn't ready yet for what he wanted. He notices a change in her one night when out after work with all their friends, and is pushed into action by the possibility she could ...more
Lesleigh Kaiser
Oct 13, 2015 Lesleigh Kaiser rated it it was amazing
Ok another one I really enjoyed .. Didn't think I would like the best friend threesome so much but it was hot , and then to find out that Jamie and Gracie actually loved each other and never let it come between them and Trey. Then power of Jamie and Graces friendship and the love they felt for one another helped them through the rough patches ... The love they had for each other literally is worth getting this and reading .. If that doesn't do it then read it bc Jamie is Hot Hot Hot:)

Joy
Another short read from this author I enjoyed. This is the third Mari Carr story I've read where the hero and heroine works at a school, and the second one I've read where the heroine is older than the hero, and the nth one where the both of them have known each other for so long that feelings between them grew from friendly to lustful. Given that there are a lot of similarities between her works, I'm still amazed how she conjures the situations between the characters.

Once again, I'm viewing thi
Christi Snow
Aug 05, 2011 Christi Snow rated it really liked it
My Review:
Grace is a teacher at the high school. Trey & Jamie are coaches. Jamie has been attracted to Grace for years, but she has always put off a "no-touch" vibe. But now, her teenage daughter is on the verge of leaving for college and the dynamics are changing.

The premise for the initial hook-up in this book are kind of funny. For all practical purposes, Grace has been off the market since her husband died. Now that she's showing signs of interest in a personal life, Trey thinks that she
Judith
Oct 15, 2010 Judith rated it really liked it
A fun read from the writer of so many good love stories. It is also about older woman/younger men--yes, men, as this loveable and dedicated mother to her high school senior daughter and widow of a man she loved deeply has now come face to face with the "empty nest" as her daughter prepares to go away to college. Two of her colleagues on the high school faculty go with her once again for "happy hour", a practice they have been enjoying together for years. But this time, it's different because thi ...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Reviewed on I Bookie Nookie Reviews

___________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Grace is a single mom who has pretty much put her life on hold for her daughter's sake since her father died. Jaime is her colleage at her daughtrer's high school who is also her softball coach, and has had feelings for Grace for years. Jaime and his friend Trev convince Grace to let go for a night and have a threesome with them. Hot, hot, hot sex scenes and love finds her again. Good read!!
Heather in FL
More good stuff from Mari Carr. Older woman (40), younger (8 years) man finally get a nudge from their friends to get together and it results in fireworks. Really sweet story, and lots of sexiness, too.
Sassafrass
Jun 25, 2013 Sassafrass rated it really liked it
This was short, sweet, and hot. Definitely hit the spot for on a late night. I thought it was cute and I really liked the characters. I really wanted Jamie and Grace to get their HEA.
Tara Clegg
Jan 29, 2011 Tara Clegg rated it it was amazing
Another delightful book by Carr!
My review as published on Fallen Angel Reviews website:
Stephanie
Jan 21, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stephanie by: Holly
HOT HOT HOT!!!!! I loved this story! Older woman and younger man hook up and fall in love. I look forward to reading more buy this author!
Beate
Jan 08, 2011 Beate rated it liked it
Shelves: menage, erotica
This book was quite all right. Not exactly something I'll be running to read again, but it is a decent m/f/m story, no m/m action though.
Serena
Apr 01, 2016 Serena rated it liked it
Shelves: anthology, romance-mf
My Rating System:
Misty
Sep 04, 2015 Misty marked it as i-give-up
I didn't finish it because i wasn't comfortable of the whole 8 year gap between the hero and heroine so yea :)
Robin *loves sexy books*
A good solid 3.5. Great sweet and sexy little read.
Jaime Scarfuto
May 19, 2013 Jaime Scarfuto rated it really liked it
Short, Sexy, hot read!! Gotta Love Mari Carr!!
Jill Brogan
Jan 24, 2013 Jill Brogan rated it it was ok
A Quick Read but nothing special
Kelly Jamieson
Jun 09, 2011 Kelly Jamieson rated it it was amazing
A hot and sweet little read!
ൠSinful
Liked a lot.
Teresa Cranner
Teresa Cranner marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Oneida
Oneida marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was ok
Ashley
Ashley added it
Aug 18, 2016
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
  • Half Hearts
  • Unwrapped
  • Driven (Cougar Challenge, #9)
  • Genetic Attraction (Genetic Attraction, #2)
  • Sin City (Hot in the City, #2)
  • Winter Fire
  • Dakota Springs (Dakota Heat, #4)
  • One Weekend
  • Siren in the City (Texas Sirens, #2)
  • Damaged Cowboys
  • Dirty Thirty
  • Imprinted
  • Claiming Cullen
  • A Taste of Scarlet (Treeland Pack Tales)
  • Moving On (Bondage Ranch, #3)
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
Writing a book was number one on Mari Carr’s bucket list and on her thirty-fourth birthday, she set out to see that goal achieved. Five years later, her computer is jammed full of stories — novels, novellas, short stories and dead-ends and six of her books have been published.

High school librarian by day and mother of two busy teenagers, Mari Carr found time for writing by squeezing it into the ho
More about Mari Carr...

Black & White Collection (8 books)
  • Erotic Research (Black and White Collection, #1)
  • Tequila Truth (Black and White Collection, #2)
  • Rough Cut (Black and White Collection, #3)
  • Power Play (Black and White Collection, #5)
  • Slam Dunk (Black and White Collection, #6)
  • Dangerous Curves