Start by marking “Embrace Grace: Welcome to the Forgiven Life” as Want to Read:
Embrace Grace: Welcome to the Forgiven Life

Embrace Grace: Welcome to the Forgiven Life

The forgiven life. The grace-filled life.
It begins with an embrace.
Wherever you are spiritually, whatever you have been through emotionally, you are already enfolded in the arms of One who believes in you, supports you, treasures you.
He is waiting for you to embrace him in return. To accept the gift he's offering you. To listen for the whispered words you've longed a
Published September 19th 2006 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Embrace Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embrace Grace

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingLittle Women by Louisa May AlcottThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Favorite Comfort Reads
467th out of 1,202 books — 623 voters
Thorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis HiggsWhence Came a Prince by Liz Curtis HiggsFair Is the Rose by Liz Curtis HiggsHere Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis HiggsGrace in Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs
Best of Liz Curtis Higgs
20th out of 51 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
May 27, 2011 Ibjoy1953 Hannabass rated it it was amazing
Embrace Grace by Liz Curtis Higgs
Do you sometimes feel you just don’t belong anywhere, or always feel like you are missing something? Can God really love us after everything we have done, and just how can we really know that He has forgiven us? Does this all seem so overwhelming to you that you just don’t want to talk about it? Pick up a copy of Embrace Grace and see what Liz Curtis Higgs says about God’s Grace, and what it can do for us.
Liz wants us to grab grace and embrace it with both arms.
Lana Jackson
Nov 26, 2016 Lana Jackson rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianity
The book is filled with God's Love and is an encouraging read. It is a joy to bask in the words on these pages.

I have a lot of respect for Liz Curtis Higgs, and have much enjoyed her "Bad Girls of the Bible" books. But, I have to disagree with her on one point - I believe God does want us to forgive ourselves. Scripture says we are to love God, and love others as we love ourselves. Sequence Translation - l. Love God, 2. Love yourself, 3. Love others. Scripture also says God forgives us and we ar
Lisa
Jun 22, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-be-re-read
It was a grey, depressing day. I found this book at the library and sat in a rocking chair to read it. I finished in about an hour and I felt like Liz Curtis Higgs had just sat across from me and encouraged me personally in my relationship with God. I was looking for encouragement and found it. I have since purchased many copies and given them to friends who also need some encouraging in their lives. I hope this book does the same for you as it did for me.
Beth
Feb 24, 2011 Beth rated it liked it
This is a sweet, simple reminder of God's grace. I think it is best suited for new Christians, but I still enjoyed reading it. It is a great one to read and then pass along in others so they can experience it as well. I love Higgs' historical fiction novels, so I am willing to give anything that she writes a chance.
Dec 03, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book that I have used for my morning devotions. There has been a lot packed into this tiny book which is why it took me so long to get through it. This was my first book by Liz and I look forward to reading more by her. She has such a wonderful and engaging style to her writing.
Kristy
Mar 27, 2009 Kristy rated it liked it
Some really beautiful passages in this one, things I'd like to write on my mirror with a dry erase marker to see every morning. She incorporates letters and emails from women on the journey from shame and guilt to the freedom of grace & the joy of redemption.
Lynette Chambers
Sep 02, 2014 Lynette Chambers rated it it was amazing
Not only have I read this little book, but I have given numerous copies to friends and have lead several Bible studies from this. It is an excellent overview of God's grace. Thanks Liz for this jewel.
Rena DeBerry
Dec 20, 2015 Rena DeBerry rated it it was ok
I was gifted this book a few years ago and decided to read it as I enjoyed Bad Girls of the Bible. Admittedly I was disappointed because I was expecting to hear more of Liz story with insights from other women but instead I got an abridged devotional.
Daliahrubio
Jul 18, 2013 Daliahrubio rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed to hear during this time in my life. I am looking forward to reading other books from her!
Debbie
Jul 17, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it
Liz Curtis Higgs always finds a way to remind us Who God is and what His word says about our past mistakes and His grace to forgive ourselves
Amy
Jan 23, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, self-help
a great little book that clearing spells out Jesus' work for us on the cross, and the confidence we gain in that work! perfect gift for someone searching or a new believer.
Kirsten
Nov 10, 2016 Kirsten rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It has a lot of topics that I could relate to and was way to read and apply.
Judi Dearmond
Aug 17, 2016 Judi Dearmond rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!! I have found out just how uplifting and inspiring Liz Curtis Higgs is, and I am gonna read them all!!
Brenda Wharton
Aug 27, 2014 Brenda Wharton rated it really liked it
Really fast and easy read. Liz talks about how she was a former bad girl and finds God's grace and mercy.
Pam
Mar 27, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
I've finished Embracing Grace. Would recommend it to anyone who truly wants to feel more grateful for all that God has, is, and will continue to do for those who love, trust, and obey Him.
Melody
Melody rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2014
Sonya
Sonya rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2013
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2012
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Bonne Lynn
Bonne Lynn rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
May 11, 2012
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Elijah Abanto
Elijah Abanto rated it liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Karen Carter
Karen Carter rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Paula Whitehouse
Paula Whitehouse rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2013
  • Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him as You Want to Be
  • L'Abri
  • Embracing the Body: Finding God in Our Flesh and Bone
  • A Lifetime of Wisdom: Embracing the Way God Heals You
  • The Way of the Wilderking (The Wilderking Trilogy, #3)
  • Jesus Without Religion: What Did He Say? What Did He Do? What's the Point?
  • How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour
  • The Intimate Merton: His Life from His Journals
  • Love Has a Face: Mascara, a Machete and One Woman's Miraculous Journey with Jesus in Sudan
  • Concise Theology
Former Bad Girl, grateful for the grace God offers. Happy wife of Bill, one of the Good Guys. Proud mom of two grown-up kids with tender hearts. Lame housekeeper. Marginal cook. Pitiful gardener. Stuff I love? Encouraging my sisters in Christ—across the page, from the platform, online, in person. Unpacking Scripture. Traveling wherever God leads. Listening to his heart. Leaning into his embrace.
More about Liz Curtis Higgs...

“A constant awareness of his superiority keeps things in perspective and, frankly, takes the pressure off. If God is in charge, I don’t have to be—and neither do you. What a relief! So let your fear turn to wonder. And let your wonder turn to faith, as you believe in the One who saves you from yourself.” 0 likes
“For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5” 0 likes