Start by marking “Servant: The Kindred” as Want to Read:
Servant: The Kindred

Servant: The Kindred (Servant #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  328 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Gabrielle Cody is a paladin--God's enforcer on earth. But she's not sure she can endure the life of a holy warrior. Her relationship with Detective Luther Cross is under constant strain already, and it's going to get worse.
Published August 25th 2009 by Jove Books (first published August 7th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Servant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Servant

Trish
I enjoyed the first two books in the series more than the third but only because this book read more like a conclusion to the series. I do not want the series to end anytime soon. Anything that I say could result in a spoiler so I will just say - I love the Servant series.
Angie
Although I am sad to see the series ending, it left the reader with a sense of contentment...purpose to Gaby's life. Having been alone her whole life, rejected and never knowing any love, she has finally found her purpose and her place in a world that not many people will ever need to see or be a part of. I liked all the characters because they all became tied to Gaby without her even trying and yet they were all changed because of her...and Gaby because of them. As I said in the first review, I ...more
Arec
I almost feel bad having this series as my first review since I have absolutely nothing good to say about this book, or the series for that matter. Every element of this book was just terrible, from the language to the plot development, or lack thereof.
By the time I came to the final novel in the Servant trilogy, I quite literally had to force myself to read every page. Unlike the first two, where I became hooked on a goal that Gabrielle Cody was trying to reach, this book just grossed me out,
Kathy
One of the Best, Yet Sadly Underrated Urban Fantasy Series,

I highly recommend you read the previous books in this series (The Awakening and the Acceptance) before reading this novel. This is the last installment of the Servant trilogy.

I've had my ups and downs w/ this series, mainly the first book, the Awakening. Regardless of the first installment, each installment seems to get better and better. This book was excellent from start to finish.

Gaby, a Paladin and vigilante has decided to let Luth
Margaret McCullough
This series of books got progressively better. In the first book, Gaby was very withdrawn socially and didn't relate to anyone. I thought the book was alittle slow and didn't think I'd make it through all three if this is how it was starting out.

In the second book, she starts to come out of her shell and begins to make friends. The story picked up some and didn't feel as stagnate.

By the third book, Gaby has a small band of friends and has upgraded to caring and concern. The paranormal storyline
Cher
Insipid. I don't get how people with the moral compass of the character to protect babies & puppies above all else can stomach any of the rest of the facets of these books - relentless maiming violence, sadism, and really bad but kinda rough sex. These books are trying to have it both ways: barbarous vigilantism combined with moral highground lawfulness, and it just doesn't work. The author just repeatedly asserts what she wishes to be true about the characters, regardless of how they actual ...more
Jamie
This was an excellent series, funny characters and Gabby was a strong lead along with Luther! I wasn't sure I was going to like the books and was sucked into the first book by chapter two. Very quick reads. This one had much more sexual tension as the characters develop but Gabby's ignorance is funny and charming. She is also a quick learner! I would recommend.
Amber
This is the third book in the series.
Gabby is a kick-butt girl. She is a paladin and has been on her own for so long.
Now she has friends and a boyfriend.
I've enjoyed the growth of her character and those around her.
The author makes Gabby into role model showing that girls can get things done yet still be sensitive and real.
Heather
I liked the series as it was a different style the Foster's romance books. The heroine Gaby is so funny as she deals with her man and how the world works as she is too busy killing demons. Gaby has a big heart but using it is a new thing for her but there is Luther and I love how he 'teaches' Gaby a thing or two.
Lucy
I love this series! I was so drawn in by the creativity of it all and how different it was from other Paranormal/Fantasy. Foster has a way of captivating you to feel like you are part of the story. (Actually, you will find that I really was part of the story in book 2, the dead hooker, HA!).
Sharon
Apparently Foster is still having fun with her Thesaurus, which was a bit distracting, but altogether a fun read. Not the best thing she's ever written, but definitely enough to keep me following any further adventures of Gabrielle and Luther.
Karen
Certainly my favorite in the series. She made Gaby seem more like a person then a freak show in this book. Not my favorite series of Lori Foster but it was intriguing.
Amy
I love this series ... sort of a cross between Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance!

It really is an alternate World for L.L. Foster, aka Lori Foster.
Gypsie Holley
Oh, I really liked this one the best so far. About time these two hooked up! This is a good series!

Hmr28
I LOVED these books and so want more. Does anyone know if she plans on writing more in this world?
~♥*Marianna*♥~
Is it over? Will there be no more of this kick ass heroine? Somebody, please tell me its not so!
Angela
A solid 3.5. The series grew on me. It's not my favorite, but Ive enjoyed it.
Dana Dengler
Dana Dengler marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Laurel
Laurel marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Christie Junge
Christie Junge marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
  • Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)
  • Key to Redemption (Gillian Key, ParaDoc #3)
  • Lucinda, Dangerously (Demon Princess Chronicles, #2)
  • Fallen (Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • In a Cowboy's Bed
  • Chaos Bites (Phoenix Chronicles, #4)
  • A Man Like Morgan Kane (The Protectors, #8) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #819)
  • Switch, Vol. 1
  • The Devil and Ms. Johnson
  • Truth's Evil Light (Cheveyo Series, #1)
  • True Vision (True Trilogy #1)
  • Friends With Benefits (The Boulevard, #2)
  • Her Guardian
  • Strange Case (Hyde, #3)
L.L. Foster is a pseudonym for romance writer Lori Foster.

Under this name, she writers Urban Fantasy books with a little bit of romance.
More about L.L. Foster...

Servant (3 books)
  • Servant: The Awakening (Servant, #1)
  • Servant: The Acceptance (Servant, #2)
Servant: The Awakening (Servant, #1) Servant: The Acceptance (Servant, #2) Christmas Candi Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)