Start by marking “Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (The Ralstons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (The Ralstons, #2)

Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers #2)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  11,086 Ratings  ·  811 Reviews
Since being named Londons Lord to Land by a popular ladies magazine, Nicholas St. John has been relentlessly
pursued by every matrimony-minded female in the ton. So when an opportunity to escape fashionable society presents
itself, he eagerly jumpsonly to land in the path of the most determined, damnably delicious woman hes ever met!

The daughter of a titled wastrel, Lady Isa
Published October 26th 2010 by HarperCollins e-books

To ask other readers questions about Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord

Auntee
Nov 05, 2010 Auntee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lisa Kleypas-type romance
After starting just a wee bit slow for me, this book took off around chapter 3, when the heroine, 24-year-old Lady Isabel Townsend

Photobucket

and the hero (don't know his age, just know that he was one mighty fine physical specimen), Lord Nicholas St. John, Photobucket
met while he saved her from being run down in the streets by a team of horses in a small village in Yorkshire.

Lady Isabel is the daughter of the Earl of Reddich, a gambling, good-time-Charlie sorry excuse for a husband and father, thought of by Isabel
Laura the Highland Hussy
I was so excited for this book. So much so, that I searched 4 stores yesterday with my 3 year old to find it a day early. I read it overnight...got hardly any sleep, which as any of you with small children know, is never fun, and it was all worth it!

This book was fabulous.

At the beginning of each chapter is a small bit from the ladies' magazine "Pearls and Pelisses," which has decided that a series of articles is in order on How to Land a Lord. Lord Nicholas St. John is given the distinct honor
Shawna
4 stars – Historical Romance

I'm feeling lazy about writing a full review, so I'll keep this somewhat brief. I absolutely adored Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake, and I've been anxiously awaiting this second book by MacLean. Did it wow me? Yes and no. In all fairness, this had a lot to live up to because Nine Rules...Rake was just so damn much fun and sexy, with lovable heroine Callie and yummy as all get out hero Gabriel.

Ten Ways...Lord is fun and passionate with a great story. I love
Blacky *Romance Addict*
I find that I'm in love with Sarah MacLean's writing and I won't stop untill I read all her novels :)

Like the first one in this series, this was just lovely, witty writing, great main characters!

Nick and Isabel were a great couple! Loved them :)

The story begins when a young lady escapes London to avoid a scandal, and she seeks refuge in a house in the country - Isabel's. She offers refuge to women who need it, they be married or not, ladies or not. Nick is hired by the young lady's brother (I th
Catherine
This book was enjoyable, but it wasn't without its problems. I still have high hopes for the third book, Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart, but this one didn't thrill me the way the first book did.

Nick seemed different than he was first presented in Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake. He seemed more charming and fun there whereas in this book he felt a little flat. I was told he was interesting and sexy, but for some reason I just didn't feel it. That's not to say I disliked
Sarah MacLean
May 28, 2010 Sarah MacLean rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical, mine
Same as always...I'm a thoroughly unreliable reviewer. xo
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED

4.5 stars.

„So beautiful…so passionate…my very own Voluptas.“ The words, more breath than sound, sent an explosion of heat through her. “Show me.”

Photobucket

It’s witty. It’s hilarious. It’s tempting. It’s charming.

A woman’s magazine called Pearls and Pelisses has named Lord Nicholas St. John one of London’s Lord to Land. Nicholas is very good at tracking missing people. His friend, the Duke of Leighton, is missing his sister Isabel. That’s why he asks Nick to help him and he agrees. A
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Wow! Sarah MacLean knows now to write the kinds of women I wish I were more like. If I could choose to be any one historical romance heroine, I’d be Callie from Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake , and then next I would want to be Isabel from this book, Ten Ways to be Adored When Landing a Lord.

Having to follow in the page-steps of such a fabulous first book in the series can’t be easy for any author, and I had very, very high expectations for this book, and for the most part, they were
♡Karlyn P♡
3.5 stars. A cute and simple regency romance, albeit a bit heavy on the predictable drama. MacLean can definitely write, it's just the story itself was kind of lackluster. It had a likable hero/heroine, but I couldn't fall in love with them or relate to their situations without questioning many of the holes in the story.

(view spoiler)
Mojca
This is a perfect example of how an annoying heroine can ruin a story. Because after the (almost) perfection of Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake this story was rather a huge disappointment for me. It wasn’t the writing, style, pacing or narrative voice. Because those were to par with Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake. It really was the heroine that ruined it all for me.

And here comes the obvious comparison with the first book in this trilogy. While Callie also had a few hang-ups
Sans
I agree with Catherine, I was told all about how smexy and smart and blah blah blah Nicolas was, but I never actually believed it.

As for Isabel? Can I get "Slap That Bitch" for $200, Alex? She had a distinct whiff of Bella Swan about her for some reason. Perhaps because she felt all the responsibility for the entire fucking world rested squarely on her shoulders. Or perhaps it was her "I'm just a plain Jane, why should this god-like creature ever be interested in me?" attitude. Maybe it was jus
Dinjolina
It was a nice book.
In fact it was so nice - I dozed off right in the middle of it.
And a little bit later as well. Oh, and...there were a few minutes of the snooze in the beginning. A girl has to have her beauty sleep!

If i could give it 2.5 stars I would, since I did like it.Kind of...maybe...oh, well.

I’m not going to say that it was in any way not up to standards.
The writing was good, the characters plausible, the plot somewhat present. Still, this story, this heroine, this hero…I have met them
Torzilla
Oct 27, 2010 Torzilla rated it it was ok
Chapter three is when our heroine and hero finally meet. After reading the first chapter, which was dedicated to the dialogue between Nick and his friends, and then chapter two, which was dedicated to the dialogue between Isabel and her friends, it was a huge relief to finally see some action in this story. This is the point where the book began to pick up speed for me.

Despite my inability to connect with the characters in the first two chapters, I was constantly laughing out loud all throughout
Kathy
What a disappointment. Something was missing. I didn't connect with the characters. I really like MacLean's style and I loved the previous book Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake. It was quite good. Were my expectations too high? No. If she can write Nine Rules, she certainly can write some kick butt stuff.

In this one the heroine consistently "cried out" during sex to the point where I almost, almost went back through pages to count how many times it was said. I just wanted to see how man
Heather
Dec 21, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicholas and Rock are two very special men, having lived through danger and difficulties in their time in the East. Having returned to London, Nicholas is now an eligible bachelor and at the mercy of Society. Determined to get away, he’s given an opportunity to find a good friend’s sister who has disappeared. And this is where he encounters Lady Isabel, who is hiding many secrets and trying to come up with money. One of her few valuable possessions are her marble statues and due to a tumble Nich ...more
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

Just a quick review. So it seems that I may be one of the last to read this fantastic book!

My first ever historical romance was 'Nine Rules To Break When Romancing A Rake', after reading it I was well and truly hooked on HR. There is something about that era that is so charming. So obviously when I discovered 'Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord' had been released I was desperate to get my grubby little mitts on it.

But now I have read it I am having so much trouble trying to review it. I
Ruth
I really enjoyed this. It didn't quite hit the same magical buttons that Nine Rules, but it was a really close thing.

There are two things I particularly LOVED about this book and it's predecessor in the series. First, the unusual theme - this time a refuge for women, of sorts, run by a strong, but scared heroine. It sounds like it shouldn't work with the period, but like Callie's nine rules, it surprisingly does. Secondly, the amazingly written, intimate scenes scattered throughout, where time
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
I liked this book but I didn't LOVE it like book 1. Book 1 was such a fun book that any other book in the series has a tough act to follow. I did read it, laughed alot, and enjoyed the characters. However, it felt like I've "been there, done that".

I thought about giving it 3 stars but that is really unfair. If I had never read book 1, this would have been possibly a 5 star book. I always pride myself on rating each book in a series on its own merit. So, on that note, I settled for 4 stars.
Keri
Isobel is in quite a pickle. Her roof is leaking, her brother the 10 year old Earl appears to have a future as a peeping tom, her wastrel father appears to have put her hand in marriage up as a bet....again. Isobel obviously has a lot on her mind, so who couldn't forgive her for not seeing the horses about to trample her. But at the last minute she is saved by the most sought after bachelor lord in all of England.

Nick St. John hates the magazine that made him run to the country on a case of a m
Sher❤
Jan 24, 2015 Sher❤ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical-read
Wow! This book was fabulous! I couldn't put it down. It was even better than 9 Rules to Break. The plot was a breath of fresh air...not your usual historical plot. The characters were fresh and believeable. There was more than enough romance to satisfy any romantic. This one's a keeper.
Mei
Sep 07, 2015 Mei rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Here I liked the heroine for the very same reason I didn't like Calpurnia from the previous book!

Isabel shelters and protects women in dire straits! She dedicated her life, for wrong reasons, but still!, to helping those nobdy would help. Even if she's on the brink of being thrown out from her home, she does everything to help others.

What a change from the first book where the heroine has everything and does nothing useful!

I also like Nick and Rock! Great charactes, even if Nick is too lost in h
Alisha
Nov 10, 2010 Alisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: HR fans who like likeable heros and strong heroines
Quick Take: What delicious story! I thoroughly enjoyed it, from beginning to end. The question is not so much "will I like this book?" but rather, "how much will I like this book?" Reading book 1 one not required.

Okay, so I'm having a spot of trouble figuring out what I'd like to say about this book. Typically I write some notes down as I'm reading a book, so as to have something semi-coherent to say in my review. But in this case, I didn't because I was too busy reading! :o) I read this book in
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
After a great start, I was happy to find that Ten Ways to be Adored when Landing a Lord would just as great as the first. But somewhere around the middle, the book lost some of its momentum. It just wasn’t as engaging as the first half of the book and I found myself putting it down more often.

But the plot doesn’t affect MacLean’s awesome writing. I adore her writing style! There’s just this ease and fluidity that made the book easy to read. She incorporates her sense of humor in the most unlikel
Nisha
After reading the first book of the series, I had a high expectation upon this one. Maybe that was the reason why I did not feel completely satisfied after finishing this book. Yet, I cannot deny how much I enjoyed reading it.

Isabel, our tortured heroine, is caring for a 10 year old earl (her younger brother) and a houseful of women who have turned to her for help (usually due to terrible brothers/fathers/husband). Isabel, herself, is a victim of her wastrel father's negligence and her mother's
Annika
Mar 14, 2012 Annika rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, e-book
Even I wasn't really convinced by the predecessor of this book I did like the Charackter Nick well enough to read this one. And let me tell you in advance, while it started out realtively fine I came to really dislike it.
It's Nicks and Isabels story. Nick "stumbles" over Isabel while searching for the runaway sister of one of his friends. Isabel is the daughter of an Earl (or some other gentry title) who gambled away all the money. Her parents are dead already and she takes care alone of her lit
Ronyell
Apr 15, 2011 Ronyell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ronyell by: Auntee and Laurie-Highland Hussy's Reviews!
After reading the first book in Sarah MacLean's “Love By Numbers” series, Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake I was practically dying to read the sequel “Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord.” Unfortunately, this novel did not seem to capture my attention like Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake and I have often found myself trying to finish this book as quickly as I can.

Ever since Nicholas St. John was named “London's Lord to Land” in a ladies' magazine, he has been avoiding al
Kathrynn
4 1/2 Stars. A delightful group of characters added to the charm I felt reading the second installment in this series. Ten Ways to be Adored... had me smiling throughout most of the book and a few chuckles here and there.

Set in 1823, Yorkshire, Lady Isabel Townsend was struggling to keep a roof over her head in her family's deteriorating estate. She had a struggling life and was determined to hold "things" together. Isabel had a lot of secrets, and followed the path life dealt her the best that
Iliada
Let me start with a small summary of the plot.

The story starts with Isabel, the daughter of an infamous earl known as the Westrearl who has been a very bad father and has gambled away all his fortune and even his own daughter. Isabel manages to scare away a suitor to whom her father has lost 100 pounds and has offered his daughter's hand in marriage as payment, just before she learns of the earl's death.

Meanwhile, Lord Nicholas (Gabriel's brother from #9) has been declared one of London's lords
 ~V~
Nov 11, 2012 ~V~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still really enjoying this series! Very cute and very sweet, also had some good steamy moments, although the sexual tension might have been a little bit higher in the first book. Isabel was an alright heroine, although she drove me a little bit nutty with how dang stubborn she was. I loved Nicholas of course, he was the perfect gentleman! It was a nice little spin to see (view spoiler)...although MY heart broke for him! Enjoyed al ...more
May
Oct 30, 2010 May rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ye-olde-romance
This book was a disappointment. Her last novel (9Rules) was such a delight!

In 10 Ways I was drawn to the premise that this woman who is doing so much good and helping women who need it meets up with a man all of London is going wild for in a most unlikely way in rural northern England... I had high hopes.

There is really not anything wrong with the novel, I just felt like it was utterly forgettable. There were no memorable scenes or moments. Nothing that made me feel emotionally attached, laugh
  • Once Upon a Winter's Eve (Spindle Cove, #1.5)
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To #2)
  • Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right (Impossible Bachelors, #2)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)
  • Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • His at Night
  • One Night Is Never Enough (Secrets, #2)
  • Silk Is for Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1)
  • I Kissed an Earl (Pennyroyal Green, #4)
  • Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3)
  • A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #2)
New York Times, Washington Post & USA Today bestseller Sarah MacLean is the author of historical romance novels that have been translated into more than twenty languages, and winner of back-to-back RITA Awards for best historical romance from the Romance Writers of America.

Sarah is a leading advocate for the romance genre, speaking widely on its place at the nexus of gender and cultural studie
More about Sarah MacLean...

Love By Numbers (3 books)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)

“He raked his fingers through his hair. "She doesn't need me."
Ralston smirked. "You are laboring under that mistaken impression that it is their job to need us. In my experience it is almost always the other way around.”
22 likes
“And... as long as they need me, it's easier to forget that I am alone.” 13 likes