Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting & Crocheting” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting & Crocheting

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting & Crocheting

All the fundamentals are here: basic stitches, yarn and needle types, and instructions for making a variety of easy projects--scarves, hats, place mats, afghans, and more
Published March 1st 1999 by Penguin Group (USA)

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting & Crocheting

Elaine Nelson
Oct 05, 2011 Elaine Nelson rated it it was ok
I bought this at Half-Price Books several years ago and promptly stuck it in the back of a closet. Found it again two weekends ago and figured it was time to give knitting a try. This book, however, was not as helpful as I had hoped it would be. I managed to figure out single cast-on, but could not make enough sense of the instructions to get a basic knit stitch started.* There are a couple of interesting patterns at the back of the book that I might try out, but otherwise I was pretty disappoin ...more
Suzie Q
Jul 11, 2009 Suzie Q rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I started, I only knew how to crochet a foundation chain. With in days I had made a simple afghan, and knew how to make a granny square. I struggled with the knitting section, but once I got it, I realized knitting was not my thing, though I still like to do so from time to time.
Victoria Boyne
I wanted to learn to knit and I did reading this book. I learned all of the basics, casting on, knit stitches, purl stitches, & binding off. This book doesn't not go beyond the basics though. I didn't read the crochet half of the book.
Excellent resource book for all (basic) knitting and crochet stitches and projects. Easy to follow format with clear instructions and pictures. Shows left handed techniques as well.
Sep 18, 2009 Bonnie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am trying to learn how to actually make something. Off to get wooden knitting needles this weekend!
Feb 01, 2011 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-have
This is the way I finally learned to knit. I repeatedly use it as a reference whenever I have a question.
Lori marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2016
Peggy marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Donna marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Meredith marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Janet Honne
Janet Honne marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Melinda rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Holly added it
Mar 02, 2016
Hannah rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Sally Coleman
Sally Coleman rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Linda added it
Mar 07, 2016
Nicole added it
Jan 16, 2016
Lola added it
Jan 08, 2016
Vi Lai
Vi Lai marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Colleen marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Karen rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Angela added it
Aug 06, 2015
Marci added it
Jul 26, 2015
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Sandy Keeton
Sandy Keeton rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015