Start by marking “The Ghosts Of New Orleans (PRCD Case File, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghosts Of New Orleans (PRCD Case File, #1)

The Ghosts Of New Orleans (A Paranormal Research & Containment Division (PRCD) Case File #1)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  350 ratings  ·  24 reviews
After a Category Five Hurricane has ravaged the coastline of Louisiana, Eloise Parker, an agent for the PRCD, is called in to locate any displaced spirits and guide them on. Powerful forces employ the “Old Magic” of New Orleans in an attempt to thwart her efforts and end her life. Eloise is familiar with this kind of mission, having worked on disasters throughout the world ...more
Published October 9th 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Ghosts Of New Orleans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghosts Of New Orleans

The Mary O'Reilly books are SO much better. Just read this one as a filler until the newest Mary O'Reilly comes out. Story was interesting and kept my attention, but was a little bit too out there for me. It also had the usually typos as is common with this author.
A great read with just the right amount of creepiness and a touch of romance to boot. The love story doesn't highjack the story and the paranormal elements still shine through. Some of the events seemed to fall into place a little to easily and that made the story seemed rushed, but that didn't really detract from the book too much,in my own humble opinion. I liked that I recognized the names of historical practitioners of Hoodoo and Voodoo. It made the story seem grounded in reality. I would hi ...more
You know the funny game you play with fortune cookies where you add "in bed" to the end of the fortune? If you applied that game to the sentences in this book with the phrase "and tears ran down her face" or "and she wiped away the tears" or something similar, it would be pretty much describe reading The Ghosts of New Orleans.

It's not that the book wasn't a nice read because it was, but I found myself noting the repetition of action. For me, if something is noticable enough (poor grammar, repeti
beth starkey
The Ghosts Of New Orleans

Well, Terri Reid has done it again. I read all thirteen of her series of the Mary O'Reilly books and was caught up from start to finish. Now in the Ghosts Of New Orleans she has captivated me once again. Anyone that enjoys a good book of the paranormal would be amiss to not read any of these books.
Beth Starkey
Adrienne Testa
Interesting story involving past lives, evil spirits, loving spirits and a woman who helps spirits cross to the light. Eloise works for the federal government going into disaster areas to help those who died pass into the light. Eloise is afraid to love, to share yet her attraction and feelings for Paul can't be ignored. With the help of a voodoo princess and hoodoo princess Eloise faces her fears. Post Katrina New Orleans, Eloise is in the middle of the disaster when evil spirits tries to take ...more
Sandra Holladay
Couldn't get into it, was bored from the start (and I usually love paranormal books). I think I got through chapter five and really didn't want to read that far.
Linda Cole

Ghost story where evil lives on until faith and love sends the ecologist back to where it belongs also a love story

Not interesting or well written for me. Disjointed and dull. Characters in and out constantly without anything happening. Blah .
Cherie Sutty
Another great Terri Reid book. I thoroughly enjoyed the new characters and story line. I would like to see a series out of this too.
This was different, yet an enjoyable read. The premise that dead people get stuck on earth and sometimes need a little help to find the gateway to the afterlife was interesting. I also liked the Mormon Tabernacle Choir music chasing away the 'unfriendlies'. It was a nice touch.

This was very readable, very enjoyable, a good escape for a few hours book. If your someone who has to have all believable all the time. This isn't for you. Very enjoyable romp thru the paranormal .
Kim Switzer
I have a feeling this might be the author's first published work. There's some good story going on, but the writing is unpolished. The characters were a little wooden and hard to get attached to. I would probably read another in this series because I enjoyed the author's Mary O'Reilly series very much and can see how much her writing has progressed. I'd love to see another of these books written at that higher level of expertise.
Ceceilia Williams
great easy read if you like mysterious paranormal books. I absolutely love the passive aggressive love affair between Eloise and Paul. Susie is so hilarious with her smart remarks and sarcastic punch lined. Overall, the story line makes you want to keep reading to the end.
A big disappointment after reading the author's Mary O'Reilly series. Perhaps it was one of the author's first novels as it showed a serious lack of editing and polish. More than once I was tempted to toss it aside and move on but I stuck with it hoping for redemption at the end. No joy. Skip it and hit Ms. Reid's Mary O'Reilly series instead. It isn't great literature but it's a darn sight better than this book.
Really good!

A supernatural love story! what's not to love about that?! left me wanting to know more about this amazing couple!
The story idea is good, but the writing needs improvement. The editing was horrible. Also, I didn't like how the author or publisher felt the need to change Marie Laveau's name. There was one instance in the book where it was correct. Again, an editing problem. The story was good, however.

Stopped reading after the first couple of chapters. It felt like a bunch of short stories cobbled together. Love her other books. Did not like this one.
Enjoyable read with characters helping ghosts to cross over. I enjoyed the story mixing in history of New Orleans and voodoo.
Another good read from Terri Reid - almost as good as her Mary O'Reilly series!!
This book kept me on the edge of my seat!!!!! I couldn't put it down
Great book!!!I look forward to more books by this author!
Nanci de Suffren
What a fun read! Great blend of spooky and funny.
Sandy Wolters
This was not my favorite book of hers.
Not my favorite book of hers.
  • When the Dead Speak (Sam Casey Mystery, #1)
  • The Apothecary's Daughter
  • The Big Book of Bizarro
  • Angel Interrupted
  • Allegra Fairweather (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #1)
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Tritone Trilogy, #3)
  • Ghosts in the Snow (Dubric Bryerly, #1)
  • Ghost Ship (A Port Chatham Mystery #2)
  • Every Witch Way But Wicked
  • The Body Departed
  • Concrete, Volume 7: The Human Dilemma
  • Beyond (Afterlife,#1)
  • Bound by Suggestion (Jeff Resnick, #4)
  • In the Midnight Hour
  • Courageous (Afterlife, #4)
  • Billy the Kid's Old Timey Oddities
  • Beyond the Veil
  • Stolen Dreams (Cassie Scot #4)
Terri Reid is the author of the Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mysteries. An indie author, Reid uploaded her first book “Loose Ends” in August 2010. By the end of 2012, “Loose Ends” had sold over 82,000 copies and, as of the writing of this bio, was the number one bestselling book in Amazon’s ranking of Ghost Stories in the Book/Literature & Fiction/Genre Fiction/Horror/Ghosts section and the number ...more
More about Terri Reid...