Start by marking “The Ghosts Of New Orleans (PRCD Case File, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghosts Of New Orleans (PRCD Case File, #1)

The Ghosts Of New Orleans (A Paranormal Research & Containment Division (PRCD) Case File #1)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  416 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
After a Category Five Hurricane has ravaged the coastline of Louisiana, Eloise Parker, an agent for the PRCD, is called in to locate any displaced spirits and guide them on. Powerful forces employ the “Old Magic” of New Orleans in an attempt to thwart her efforts and end her life. Eloise is familiar with this kind of mission, having worked on disasters throughout the world ...more
Published October 9th 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Ghosts Of New Orleans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghosts Of New Orleans

Joy
Jul 10, 2012 Joy rated it it was ok
The Mary O'Reilly books are SO much better. Just read this one as a filler until the newest Mary O'Reilly comes out. Story was interesting and kept my attention, but was a little bit too out there for me. It also had the usually typos as is common with this author.
Linda
Mar 28, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
A great read with just the right amount of creepiness and a touch of romance to boot. The love story doesn't highjack the story and the paranormal elements still shine through. Some of the events seemed to fall into place a little to easily and that made the story seemed rushed, but that didn't really detract from the book too much,in my own humble opinion. I liked that I recognized the names of historical practitioners of Hoodoo and Voodoo. It made the story seem grounded in reality. I would hi ...more
Christine
Dec 17, 2010 Christine rated it liked it
You know the funny game you play with fortune cookies where you add "in bed" to the end of the fortune? If you applied that game to the sentences in this book with the phrase "and tears ran down her face" or "and she wiped away the tears" or something similar, it would be pretty much describe reading The Ghosts of New Orleans.

It's not that the book wasn't a nice read because it was, but I found myself noting the repetition of action. For me, if something is noticable enough (poor grammar, repeti
beth starkey
Jul 16, 2014 beth starkey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Ghosts Of New Orleans

Well, Terri Reid has done it again. I read all thirteen of her series of the Mary O'Reilly books and was caught up from start to finish. Now in the Ghosts Of New Orleans she has captivated me once again. Anyone that enjoys a good book of the paranormal would be amiss to not read any of these books.
Beth Starkey
Terri
Feb 11, 2016 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love New Orleans and ghosts

This story is quite different from the Mary O'Reilly series but nonetheless intriguing and keeps the reader turning pages. There were a few twists I wasn't expecting which added to the enjoyment of the plot!
Adrienne Testa
Apr 21, 2013 Adrienne Testa rated it really liked it
Interesting story involving past lives, evil spirits, loving spirits and a woman who helps spirits cross to the light. Eloise works for the federal government going into disaster areas to help those who died pass into the light. Eloise is afraid to love, to share yet her attraction and feelings for Paul can't be ignored. With the help of a voodoo princess and hoodoo princess Eloise faces her fears. Post Katrina New Orleans, Eloise is in the middle of the disaster when evil spirits tries to take ...more
Sandra Holladay
Aug 04, 2015 Sandra Holladay rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal
Couldn't get into it, was bored from the start (and I usually love paranormal books). I think I got through chapter five and really didn't want to read that far.
Linda Cole
Jul 03, 2015 Linda Cole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different

Ghost story where evil lives on until faith and love sends the ecologist back to where it belongs also a love story
Jeanne O'donnell
Sep 04, 2015 Jeanne O'donnell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pass

Not interesting or well written for me. Disjointed and dull. Characters in and out constantly without anything happening. Blah .
Cherie Sutty
Aug 03, 2015 Cherie Sutty rated it it was amazing
Another great Terri Reid book. I thoroughly enjoyed the new characters and story line. I would like to see a series out of this too.
L.W.
Oct 08, 2011 L.W. rated it liked it
This was different, yet an enjoyable read. The premise that dead people get stuck on earth and sometimes need a little help to find the gateway to the afterlife was interesting. I also liked the Mormon Tabernacle Choir music chasing away the 'unfriendlies'. It was a nice touch.

This was very readable, very enjoyable, a good escape for a few hours book. If your someone who has to have all believable all the time. This isn't for you. Very enjoyable romp thru the paranormal .
Kim Switzer
Feb 15, 2011 Kim Switzer rated it liked it
I have a feeling this might be the author's first published work. There's some good story going on, but the writing is unpolished. The characters were a little wooden and hard to get attached to. I would probably read another in this series because I enjoyed the author's Mary O'Reilly series very much and can see how much her writing has progressed. I'd love to see another of these books written at that higher level of expertise.
Ceceilia Williams
Jan 03, 2014 Ceceilia Williams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
great easy read if you like mysterious paranormal books. I absolutely love the passive aggressive love affair between Eloise and Paul. Susie is so hilarious with her smart remarks and sarcastic punch lined. Overall, the story line makes you want to keep reading to the end.
Mary
May 18, 2013 Mary rated it it was ok
A big disappointment after reading the author's Mary O'Reilly series. Perhaps it was one of the author's first novels as it showed a serious lack of editing and polish. More than once I was tempted to toss it aside and move on but I stuck with it hoping for redemption at the end. No joy. Skip it and hit Ms. Reid's Mary O'Reilly series instead. It isn't great literature but it's a darn sight better than this book.
Tiffany
Jan 11, 2014 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good!

A supernatural love story! what's not to love about that?! left me wanting to know more about this amazing couple!
Lisa
Sep 23, 2011 Lisa rated it it was ok
The story idea is good, but the writing needs improvement. The editing was horrible. Also, I didn't like how the author or publisher felt the need to change Marie Laveau's name. There was one instance in the book where it was correct. Again, an editing problem. The story was good, however.
Denise
Sep 07, 2012 Denise rated it did not like it

Stopped reading after the first couple of chapters. It felt like a bunch of short stories cobbled together. Love her other books. Did not like this one.
Linda
Mar 12, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read with characters helping ghosts to cross over. I enjoyed the story mixing in history of New Orleans and voodoo.
Clare
Aug 08, 2011 Clare rated it really liked it
Another good read from Terri Reid - almost as good as her Mary O'Reilly series!!
Cheryl
Aug 08, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
This book kept me on the edge of my seat!!!!! I couldn't put it down
Yvette
Dec 21, 2010 Yvette rated it it was amazing
Great book!!!I look forward to more books by this author!
Nanci de Suffren
Jun 02, 2011 Nanci de Suffren rated it it was amazing
What a fun read! Great blend of spooky and funny.
Sandy Wolters
Jul 16, 2011 Sandy Wolters rated it liked it
This was not my favorite book of hers.
Mary
May 21, 2012 Mary rated it it was ok
Not my favorite book of hers.
Lois Downs
Nov 01, 2012 Lois Downs rated it really liked it
Very good
catherine champi
catherine champi is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2016
Craig Nordaker
Craig Nordaker rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Pauline
Pauline rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Patti DeShaw
Patti DeShaw rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Christa Pepin
Christa Pepin marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
  • When the Dead Speak (Sam Casey Mystery, #1)
  • Angel Interrupted
  • The Ghost Wore Gray (Nina Tanleven, #2)
  • The Big Book of Bizarro
  • The Apothecary's Daughter
  • Allegra Fairweather (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #1)
  • Catch of a Lifetime (Tritone Trilogy, #3)
  • Ghost Ship (A Port Chatham Mystery #2)
  • Ghosts in the Snow (Dubric Bryerly, #1)
  • The Vampire Laird (Ravynne Sisters Paranormal Mystery/Romance, #2)
  • The Body Departed
  • The Ninth Floor
  • Beyond (Afterlife,#1)
  • The Treble Wore Trouble
  • Saving Brooksie
  • Bah! Humbug (Jeff Resnick Mystery, #4.5)
  • The Ghost Downstairs
  • Beyond the Veil
4192570
Terri Reid is the author of the Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mysteries. An indie author, Reid uploaded her first book “Loose Ends” in August 2010. By the end of 2012, “Loose Ends” had sold over 82,000 copies and, as of the writing of this bio, was the number one bestselling book in Amazon’s ranking of Ghost Stories in the Book/Literature & Fiction/Genre Fiction/Horror/Ghosts section and the number ...more
More about Terri Reid...