Start by marking “Podcasting for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Podcasting for Dummies

Podcasting for Dummies

New tools have made it easier to create a podcast. The second edition of Podcasting For Dummies shows you how you can create and distribute your own online recordings using tools you already have. This edition also covers what you need to build a top-notch podcasting studio. Expert podcasters Tee Morris and Evo Terra are joined on this edition by a fellow podcasting guru, ...more
Published February 18th 2009 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Podcasting for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Podcasting for Dummies

Mary
Apr 13, 2015 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good introduction on audio podcasting. Offered reviews on equipment, where to upload your podcast, and how to manage your podcast.
Marc
Jan 20, 2010 Marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I must preface this by saying how much I hate the Dummies books. I hate the bright, ugly, yellow color; I hate how flimsy it is, and I hate the general layout of the book. That being said, I enjoyed this book.

While I've had a podcast for the last year and a half (http://vforvertigo.blogspot.com) I still found this book extremely helpful. I wish I had gotten it earlier because things might have gone more smoother than they did. I blame my former co-host for that.

Even though most technology books
Phil Moyer
A good introductory book for podcasting, including technology selection and software for use. The most useful information, IMHO, was the sections on hosting strategies and web sites, along with mechanisms for including your Podcasts in iTunes and other podcasting services.
Ian King
Feb 15, 2016 Ian King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: motivational
This was a helpful guide, mixed with a little humour. It certainly helped me to 'un-mistify' what podcasting is and what it's about etc., heck, I've even started my own podcasting now and giggle every time my computer spell check says 'error, this word doesn't exist.' Naa, it doesn't really, but it does gives it a wiggly lime under the word.
So if you want to learn more about this 'not-so-new' broadcasting opportunity, then this book it a great place to start.
Oh, and I really have started my own
Colona Public Library
Pretty good guide if you have interest in making a podcast or maintaining one. There are some very helpful tips on how to podcast the only parts I got lost was the more technological savvy parts. You can order this book at the Colona Public Library! ~Ashley
Loki
Feb 03, 2016 Loki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, business
Not a bad overview, but I get the impression this is more a learn by doing thing.

I may have plans.
Greg Van Vorhis
Easy to understand until the part where you post the podcast. I am left with the same questions I started with. :/
Dwight Walker
Good syntax for RSS feeds and how to run a podcast.
Stephanie
Apr 04, 2010 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fic, 2010
This was a great starter book for someone looking to begin a podcast. It contains all of the necessary basics with a little bit extra, so I would not recommend it for people with podcasting experience because it is so elementary.

I look forward to now reading more books on the subject before launching my own book-related podcast on iTunes. I will use this book to walk me through the beginning steps and go from there!
Ron Arden
Very good inroduction for anyone wanting to start a podcast. The authors give you the basics, but also delve into enough technical detail to be of great value. They address equipment, software, posting feeds, creating an audience, marketing, making money and a whole lot more. Check out the companion podcasts on iTunes for further information. There is also an expert podcasting book which I will tackle next.
Tom prigg
It was a pretty good book but came up short once I set up with a server. I got error messages about some type of byte stream. This happened on two different servers. I'm not an IT guy so I had no idea how to fix this. The book didn't warn me of this potential problem. I'm assuming that since I got it twice on two different servers that it's probably a common error.
Lesley Looper
This book was a good introductory book about podcasting and what it takes to set up your own podcast. It covered the technology end of things, as well as other issues like getting listeners, copyright issues when using music on your podcast, other good podcasts to listen to, and important people in the world of podcasting.
Joel Neff
Jan 30, 2008 Joel Neff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who want to start a podcast.
This book has been an invaluable resource to me. It is clearly and concisely written with lots of illustrations and diagrams to further explain key concepts.

Highly recommended.
Dean
Nov 19, 2009 Dean rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book for people looking to get into podcasting but by the time I got to it I was already past most of what this book discussed.
Jeff
I'm 5% done with Podcasting For Dummies: Just getting started. Can't believe I forgot this was out there. Guess I'm living up to the demographic.
Icepick
Dec 19, 2008 Icepick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, clearly written and loads of useful content. It turned out to be exactly what I needed.
Cherie
Oct 12, 2008 Cherie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent starter info for anyone who is thinking of or beginning a podcast.
Sam Bradley
Dec 28, 2010 Sam Bradley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Amazing resource for those learning to podcast!
Alicia
Feb 03, 2008 Alicia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm a dummy and I want to make podcasts.
Matthew Sullivan
Matthew Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Laurie Birnie
Laurie Birnie marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Bojidar
Bojidar marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Matt Jans
Matt Jans marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Edson Brambate
Edson Brambate marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
JDM Diane
JDM Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Michael
Michael is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2016
Kenda Rye
Kenda Rye rated it did not like it
Aug 24, 2016
Cat Smith
Cat Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
James King
James King rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
  • PHP & MySQL For Dummies (For Dummies)
  • Search Engine Optimization for Dummies
  • Sex For Dummies
  • Digital Magic (Fey #2)
  • Google Hacks: Tips & Tools for Finding and Using the World's Information

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Tee Morris began his writing career with his 2002 historical epic fantasy, MOREVI The Chronicles of Rafe & Askana. In 2005 Tee took MOREVI into the then-unknown podosphere, making his novel the first book podcast in its entirety. That experience led to the founding of Podiobooks.com and collaborating with Evo Terra and Chuck Tomasi on Podcasting for Dummies and its follow-up, Expert Podcasting ...more
More about Tee Morris...